Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

The thought of a puncture would scare me.
Mc9bRzS.jpg

I reckon I can complete two legs of this journey between late shifts, while also box-ticking another sector of the galaxy if I go for the side quests. I haven't done any before, and I feel like I'll be doubling back on myself if I hit Eor Aoswy and Bowenst before Stuelou, but Queen and country and all that.

Long live the Empire!

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.02.21 - 15.19.49.jpg

More mundane here...

I loaded up my alt that that I had left at Dav's the other day - only to have it blown up by some child in an Orca dropping prox mines - then on finding myself in the DbX in orbit the same blinkin' Orca destroyed the ship whilst I was plotting my return to base. I hope they enjoyed themselves. It was my fault for not paying attention after the SRV was destroyed and finding myself back in orbit. So, since I don't do rebuys I took the freewinder and spent the rest of the afternoon refitting a new DbX and returning my taxi hauler to that account's starting system.

The most annoying thing is that the shp's name for the new DbX is in all upper-case - I really do wish F D would fix that.

Very strange. Now another Orca has appeared. Each NPC has been higher Combat Rank each time. This one is Deadly.
Maybe wait to see if the next is Dangerous or Elite?
Or high-tail it out of here?

More mundane here...

I loaded up my alt that that I had left at Dav's the other day - only to have it blown up by some child in an Orca dropping prox mines - then on finding myself in the DbX in orbit the same blinkin' Orca destroyed the ship whilst I was plotting my return to base. I hope they enjoyed themselves. It was my fault for not paying attention after the SRV was destroyed and finding myself back in orbit. So, since I don't do rebuys I took the freewinder and spent the rest of the afternoon refitting a new DbX and returning my taxi hauler to that account's starting system.

The most annoying thing is that the shp's name for the new DbX is in all upper-case - I really do wish F D would fix that.
quietly laughing at your misfortune

Interesting... Never noticed before, the Cops in the local HiRES shooting at something, couldn't see any ships. Turns out they were destroying illegal cargo pods, battle weapons in this case.:oops:
I've noticed the skimmer things destroying cargo while collecting materials in my SRV but I've not seen space feds doing it unless I'm on a black box mission. It's annoying when that happens. There's a couple of times I've had to fly back to create another instance.

I'm at the Conflux Alpha Site, currently being buzzed by an NPC Asp and then an NPC Orca. Not seen an NPC since I left the bubble, then two come along at once. They didn't open fire, just circled the base.

Yes they do that at some of the abandoned settlements. If you want to you can target them and occasionally get some data materials from the scan (use turret view if in SRV).

Yes they do that at some of the abandoned settlements. If you want to you can target them and occasionally get some data materials from the scan (use turret view if in SRV).
I landed yesterday and had a good look around and no NPCs appeared. Today at the Alpha site there seemed to be one constantly circling then jumping away. I went to the Delta site and there was 2 in the air. All different Cmdr names.
Makes me wonder, why would FD put these NPCs in the game? Circling a settlement that was abandoned 700 years ago.
I'm going to stick around and scan their wakes and see where they are going (hopefully not antagonising them).
Maybe make a list of Cmdr names, to see if it's a finite group or RNG.
Thing is, the lore states that these settlements were part of a search for ELWs. None of the systems with abandoned settlements have anything like that. There's also the problem of the missing Megaship.

Makes me wonder, why would FD put these NPCs in the game?
I was out at one of those sites once, same thing as you, miles from anywhere and NPCs turn up, I didn’t even have a KWS fitted so I had no idea who they are, I’m in a flimsy ship with no weapons and a cornflakes packet as a shield. The heaviest part of my ship was all the data I had collected getting there. I was terrified.

Maybe FD put them in there to do that.

I was out at one of those sites once, same thing as you, miles from anywhere and NPCs turn up, I didn’t even have a KWS fitted so I had no idea who they are, I’m in a flimsy ship with no weapons and a cornflakes packet as a shield. The heaviest part of my ship was all the data I had collected getting there. I was terrified.

Maybe FD put them in there to do that.
I don't carry weapons, so if they open up on me, I'm dead. And I have 2.7kLy of Cartographics on board.
I'm hoping they will leave me in one piece if I don't get too close.

Top Bottom