Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Cant believe you people missed the one time that 'Its Alpha' is actually the correct answer
I'm not surprised, given that we have lots of backers who cried "Its Alpha".

That list is incomplete. Here:

Avoid exposing to bright lights
Avoid getting them wet
Avoid feeding after midnight
1*NcDCoT-c2qhpZMn2vLwvtg.jpeg

Avoid "logging into this buggy mess" sounds easier.
Most important rule:

Avoid giving Chris Roberts any money.
1*NcDCoT-c2qhpZMn2vLwvtg 22.jpeg

The starmap is bugged for this patch...click on another mobiglas icon and back to the starmap...or exit the map and re-enter it...sorts it out usually... along with a couple of double right clicks to zoom right out,
Are the bugs the result of CIG trying to fix other bugs in the starmap? I thought the starmap was reasonably feature complete ? And if that is the case then they shouldnt be touching the code should they ?

thanks, it works.
But now I have another problem, using joystick my little aurora has a strange behaviour. I don't know how to say, but it tend to "swing".
Is it normal?
Same axis might be assigned to multiple controls. Make sure you clear everything in the "hotas 1" / "hotas 2" sections and only assign the axis you need.

The star map is getting a complete UI rework. As is every bit of UI. (Oh except that elevator panel you were struggling with. That is the rework...)

Hell almost every AAA glossy asset in the PU has either been reworked fundamentally since inception or is scheduled to be.

Reworks are approaching Tier 1. Progress ;)
The UI is on its 3rd or 4th rework, i lost track.

The star map is getting a complete UI rework. As is every bit of UI. (Oh except that elevator panel you were struggling with. That is the rework...)

Hell almost every AAA glossy asset in the PU has either been reworked fundamentally since inception or is scheduled to be.

Reworks are approaching Tier 1. Progress ;)
Ha!! Well the re-worked elevator panels are a big pile of ____ !!

I suppose as long as they keep (re)doing stuff, they can claim progress albeit not real progress.

I suppose as long as they keep (re)doing stuff, they can claim progress albeit not real progress.
Oi! Tht's not re-doing stuff over and over. That's iterations! A perfectly normal thing for any development. Especially if it already took 10 years, naturally, some things got obsolete before it was released.
View attachment 209545
View attachment 209546
See? They had covered up their frag-up.
Now, buy an Idris.

P.S. If new, updated forum engine will continue to lose attached pics, so be it, I'm not going to post each pic twice to make it work. Thank you FDev.

Are the bugs the result of CIG trying to fix other bugs in the starmap? I thought the starmap was reasonably feature complete ? And if that is the case then they shouldnt be touching the code should they ?
The starmap will be completly redone with the building block tech. Now it still run on the old flash tech of the Cryengine.

The starmap will be completly redone with the building block tech. Now it still run on the old flash tech of the Cryengine.

My dear LittleAnt - there is still a certain wisdom in the old adage "Measure twice, cut once."

How many times must CI-G completely waste backer funds by redoing work again and again, that was never completed against a set goal or indeed to a design document?

This ranta dung will continue for decades and be presented as "progress" - but no games will come of it, ever.

thanks, it works.
But now I have another problem, using joystick my little aurora has a strange behaviour. I don't know how to say, but it tend to "swing".
Is it normal?
A couple of my smaller ships have developed a decided list to the left when lifting off a pad in this patch, if that's what you mean... it sorts itself out once I correct it with the stick. It's annoying more than anything else since it doesn't happen every time...and it seems to happen with some ships and not others. It feels like a couple of thrusters aren't firing as I'm lifting off...if that makes any sense.

I saw someone in chat the other night complaining that his Aurora was drifting about...wouldn't stop yawing, I think he said. He was using a HOTAS too. I thought it might be deadzones or something... but as @Surefoot mentioned briefly, if you've previously used the built in HOTAS profiler in SC, it might have set an erroneous setting somewhere which is conflicting with the manual settings. Have a quick look through the control inputs and make sure there are no errant ones for the main axes.

The entire controls menu is a complete mess...considering I've been setting up a HOTAS in a variety of flight and space sims for years, I've never once come across such a completely obtuse and confusing pile of garbage in all that time. Once I had the axes and button/switch bindings set up, I copied and saved the profiles sub folder (Star Citizen/LIVE/USER/Profiles) so I don't have to rebind anything if I delete the USER folder for any reason. Bar adding some new bindings occasionally, I haven't had to set up the HOTAS in SC for 3 years. My favourite one from SC was discovering that some muppet had decided to reverse the yaw/roll inputs as the default setting. You can tell no-one at Ci¬G had ever used a HOTAS or flown a flight/space sim before.

I use the Logitech X56...just in case you use similar.

Last edited:
My dear LittleAnt - there is still a certain wisdom in the old adage "Measure twice, cut once."

How many times must CI-G completely waste backer funds by redoing work again and again, that was never completed against a set goal or indeed to a design document?

This ranta dung will continue for decades and be presented as "progress" - but no games will come of it, ever.
I think Ci¬G use the old addage..."Never mind the quality, feel the width!" ;)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Also "use the tools you have while making better ones".

I think the point that was made was that CIG seems to be continuously screwing up big time precisely at making the tools they have, needing to redo over and over, and wasting significant backer funds in the process. At some point I would imagine that recurrent incompetence and wastefulness should signal to the market that the company may not actually be a trustworthy place to prepurchase products after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom