Comfy Canonn Cruise

That sounds fun, and it would be nice to fly with some of the CMDRs I've grown familiar with on this forum. Four to five months is probably longer than I'd want to commit, but who knows? It's still a month away so we'll where I'm at. Regardless, I think this type of thing is really cool and the amount of effort you put into your itinerary spreadsheet is impressive!

How does this sort of thing usually work? Do CMDRs bring multiple ships? I'd primarily want my AspX for exploration, but could also bring a Python kitted for surface, sub-surface and core mining. Presumably we'd be expected to chip in our share of Tritium and other commodities to offset your expense?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I plan to bring multiple ships. Current idea is
  • Keelback for mining (50 tons per trip sounds just about right)
  • another Keelback with an SLF for local exploration/sightseeing (smallest ship with SLF capability)
  • combat Sidey for s&g
  • my exploration Dolphin just in case

Just spent to last 15 hours or so building from the sidewinder a new (free epic) commander to take this ride. The account will be capable of mining with a Keelback build. They'll be on board within a few hours.
Great! Sorry, Khonsu is still in the Pleiades, I will station it in Varati the week before the departure.

That sounds fun, and it would be nice to fly with some of the CMDRs I've grown familiar with on this forum. Four to five months is probably longer than I'd want to commit, but who knows? It's still a month away so we'll where I'm at. Regardless, I think this type of thing is really cool and the amount of effort you put into your itinerary spreadsheet is impressive!
Thank you 😊 You can always make the way back on your own, if you are fed up with it ;)

How does this sort of thing usually work? Do CMDRs bring multiple ships? I'd primarily want my AspX for exploration, but could also bring a Python kitted for surface, sub-surface and core mining.
An exploration ship I'd see as the minimum, a mining ship would be great (also see below). Maybe combat ships for some variety, if you're into that. You never know, maybe an AX ship could also be used on the way.
Anyways I recommend transferring any ship you might want to use onto the carrier as long as we're in the bubble, otherwise it will become very expensive...

Presumably we'd be expected to chip in our share of Tritium and other commodities to offset your expense?
There are no obligations. The carrier takes 10% extra for services, but I don't mind if no one uses any, and in the end I pay the around 750 million credits I'm expecting for upkeep. Any help with mining tritium is appreciated, see the waypoints with "Tritium refill" in the "Notes" column. But if no one helps, it will just delay departure.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I plan to bring multiple ships. Current idea is
  • Keelback for mining (50 tons per trip sounds just about right)
  • another Keelback with an SLF for local exploration/sightseeing (smallest ship with SLF capability)
  • combat Sidey for s&g
  • my exploration Dolphin just in case
That sounds like a good assortment(y)

Last edited:
I originally read the month correctly, but somehow I forgot and got it in my mind that this expedition was leaving this Sunday. Well, it's a good thing I guess because it motivated me to get my new free Epic commander prepared that much faster. Maybe she'll have time to engineer her ships now.

She easily went from the beginning Sidewinder and added a A rated Viper III and A rated mining and multi-purpose Keelback in about 20 hours! Would have need the whole month to do that (with similar Keelback replacement) in 2017.

What should she add for the trip with her new found time?
I'm thinking:
  1. bigger better miner
  2. super fast canyon runner eagle
  3. dedicated exploration ship
  4. ...
combat Sidey for s&g

I was bringing the Sidewinder with the same idea. It will be the how my commander originally got it un-engineered "Sidewinder Slaughter" model (even with the loaned modules).

We need to do some Sidewinder PvE and some canyon races on the trip!

Last edited:
Now that you got a whole month, in this pace you will have her unlocked all engineers in the bubble to G5, when the trip starts😂

What should she add for the trip with her new found time?
I‘d first get a decent explorer, after all it‘s about looking at interesting things. And if one really misses a FC departure, there‘s at least a chance to catch up. This Eagle sounds fun, I have a Viper Mk III engineered for speed.

Ok, made it back from BP to Colonia via the Neutron highway. Currently sitting in Ogmar, but will move around a bit spreading the explo data sales.
Now waiting for D2EA's Colonia Trip taxi to take me back to the Bubble next weekend. That should leave enough time to collect a couple of Guardian gizmos (and maybe an NPC co-pilot) in preparation for the trip.

Well that sounds lovely. Can you tell more about the spa section? I believe I'll be carried to the Core Systems shortly before the departure. It's been a few years since visiting the Inner Orion Spur, but I do find the place a bit tedious and would like to reserve tickets.

Can you tell more about the spa section?
The spa section unfortunately isn't up to imperial luxury standards, but we have at least a jacuzzi and a standard-size swimming pool in the gravity section, as well as two anti-grav saunas. But there might be better equipped ships with passenger cabins docked, we could make a deal to sneak you in on ships in storage; the only downside: you might have to move out very fast ;)
would like to reserve tickets.
Reservations done! (Although their number is not limited.)
You would be very welcome in the Discord, if you decide to board😊

as well as two anti-grav saunas.
Oh I like the sound of that. Always open minded about innovative methods of heat convection in bathhouses.
comparison2.jpg

Bring your e rated sidewinder for a 4- 5 month trip .....alarm bells ringing 🤣🤣, and i have dibs on zero g hot tubs . they are fitted in my beluga for honoured guests only and have been fitted for nearly a year now .

Last edited:
Can I repost this post to the Chinese community? There may be players who want to join this journey. I will not modify any information but translate them into Chinese.

Top Bottom