COMPLETED CG Rare Goods Required for Galactic Summit

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So does anyone know wny this CG completed so very, very fast? Was it due to Fleet Carriers and bulk transport again?

People went really crazy hauling - guess they really wanted the free FSD++
There were some systems in Boom so that in effect made for a nice supply of Rares
And it had more than 10000 participants

Carriers helped, but not that much - the only system that made good use of a carrier - Geras was really full basically all the time
And people that simply did Lave - Luytens runs hauled about the same quantity

So i would not say that carriers really provided a clear advantage here

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
It's funny, Kietrax. I was gonna quote the usual could end early disclaimer earlier today but also noticed it wasn't there. I don't think I ever remember it not being there.
I was about to do the same thing LOL! I ended up copying it from an old CG and was going to paste it in, saying this was is usually included! :) ( If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately. )

So does anyone know wny this CG completed so very, very fast? Was it due to Fleet Carriers and bulk transport again?

I wasn't able to get on until Saturday at 14:00 EST and was only able to complete half of the first loop in my Python before I had to log out. At that point, the CG was about 1/4 the way through to the 5th tier cut off. When I was able to login next at 8:30 EST on Sunday, it was almost complete. I only completed the first loop and got half way through the second when it completed and cut me off. So I'm only in the top 100% and get nothing.

Honestly, I'm that upset about missing out on the permit and another free drive. I'm irritated because this was a very fun little loop to do. And once again, the CG is over before I can even get started. Bleh.

Sorry to hear you missed out on top 75% - but at least you will have made a lot of profit from the sales of the rare goods! Personally, although Fleet Carriers did have inevitably have some effect, I think a lot of commanders wanted a chance of getting the FSD - 10,500 is a lot more participants than usual. As for the Sirius permit - there is a fairly straightforward mission on the mission board once you get allied with the controlling faction. :D

I wasn't able to get on until Saturday at 14:00 EST and was only able to complete half of the first loop in my Python before I had to log out. At that point, the CG was about 1/4 the way through to the 5th tier cut off. When I was able to login next at 8:30 EST on Sunday, it was almost complete. I only completed the first loop and got half way through the second when it completed and cut me off. So I'm only in the top 100% and get nothing.

Honestly, I'm that upset about missing out on the permit and another free drive. I'm irritated because this was a very fun little loop to do. And once again, the CG is over before I can even get started. Bleh.
Actually you didn't missed much concerning the rewards.
Farm some mats, buy your fsd(s)
do a handful of missions for that Sirius guys, get permit...
If you focus on these tasks it should take around the same amount of time it'd have taken you to get into top75 ;)
(maybe little more, yes, but you get what I mean)
And you can choose the date when you are able to spend some gametime :)

Same as the missile rack, though I personally haven't bought any of those. I think it goes into module storage. I'm very certain that I grinded materials for one drive too many. I won't even try to put one on my T7. I already run that one with thermal spread without the additional 20% heat from fast boot.
Yes. I have bought a couple of the missile racks, and the way it works is that you pay the broker, and they put the module in storage at the station. They even nicely offer to send you directly to outfitting from that window if you're impatient to get it installed!

The CG reward sits in the storage area of the station which hosts the CG.
As for buying the module from the tech brokers its easy: find tech broker (Human) and scroll through the available modules you have unlocked. If you have the required mats you can purchase it.
When that purchase completes you are given the option to visit it in stored modules or return to buy another one.

😂

You said it is lighter, it isn't
And if you put Stripped Down on it it's even lighter (4.5t vs 5.9) or if you put double braced the Integrity difference becomes almost negligible

I dont have anything against Guardian PP.
I do have a Conda and a Crusader using Guardian PP and PD for the same reason - to save materials
But lets not give more credit to Guardian PP that it actually deserves
I don't give credits, this is not a crusade these are simple facts but you know everyone sees things their way, I'm pretty sure you would negate the evidence no matter what ;)

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I'm getting my CGs mixed up. I already have a Sirius permit. I was thinking the permit granted was for the previous CG (which I missed because I was on a 3 week break).

I already have one of these special FSDs from the last time. I actually swapped it into my python for this CG as it gave an increase of about 1-2 ly over my fully optimized FSD with mass manager.

I will be buying more from the tech brokers. No rush, but they are nicer than the ones I've engineered and the 2 second boot up time is nice in case it gets knocked offline.

Sorry to be that guy, but when will the FSD++ become available for purchase at the human tech broker? At the same time the module is given to the players? What about Inara, when will the FSD be added as an unlockable module at the "ADD TECH BROKER UNLOCK TO LISTS" window?

Last edited:
Feb 26 is my guess, since that's when the free drives will be available for those who placed in the top 75%.
I guess I'll set up camp at this tech broker and will wait for the module to be available then. Maybe I'll make a fire.

It must certainly fell like camping outside a Microcenter to get an RTX 3080.

Uh, the Lave run took 10 minutes for 48 Brandy. If you were time limited why didn't you just spam that? Doing the entire loop was very inefficient.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom