COMPLETED CG Rare Goods Required for Galactic Summit

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes. I have bought a couple of the missile racks, and the way it works is that you pay the broker, and they put the module in storage at the station. They even nicely offer to send you directly to outfitting from that window if you're impatient to get it installed!
This may seem like a stupid question, but I have to ask, does the purchased Missile Rack actually appear in the Missiles section of Outfitting or is it under a different header, like Flight Assists for no rational reason?
Theres a Mats cost to buy each FSD, they are cheaper for 2 weeks or until a certain date as specified in OP, so not a rush but a bit of extra reward from the CG if you can get em early.

Well what do you know - was about to quote the text where it says it, but they missed that bit out for the first time in ages! Any CG that reaches the final tier target (tier 5 these days) ends early and the text normally says this just to be clear.
4 days earlier. 4 Days !? FD should prohibit carriers to take part in this. I made the complete tour, just to realize, it was a complete waste of my time. What is the use for new players when these lazy but greedy people with their carriers $§%# everything here.

4 days earlier. 4 Days !? FD should prohibit carriers to take part in this. I made the complete tour, just to realize, it was a complete waste of my time. What is the use for new players when these lazy but greedy people with their carriers $§%# everything here.
Loads of commanders without carriers took part. Maybe do the CG earlier? Keep an eye on its progress? I spent two days doing this CG and made it into the top 10% with a Type 7. It was clear very early on that this would finish early. Unless you were busy of course and were doing something else which is why you were late to the party.

In order for there to be a top 75%, somebody has to be in the bottom 25%. Thank you for your service!

I don't think carriers gave a particularly great advantage in this CG (saying this as someone who doesn't have one and made the top 10%). Rare goods have a time-release property that means you can't just park a carrier nearby and fill it up as fast as you can in order to dump a planetload in one trip.
As a new player you likely improved some skills and maybe gained some tips (on your own or by reading here). It's just part of the game... welcome to CGs and good luck to you next week!

What's the problem? This was one of the easiest CGs ever, just made 6 round trips (avoiding Geras) and ended up top 25% with a simple ship no FC use at all....ending up top 75% was a joke for everyone.

Well maybe not everyone, the other 25% couldn't have been trying very hard though ;)

Just 4 trips between Lave and Ashby with 48 tonnes of Lavian Brandy and you would have been in the top 75% with a few tonnes to spare. Less than 40 minutes for 60+ LY ships. Add on 2-3 minutes each way if you were in a non-engineered or shorter jumping ship, so still less than an hour over 4 days.

All those who took part were well paid for their efforts though and have over 2 weeks to make sure they have the necessary materials to buy the FSDs at a substantial discount.

In my case, my main CMDR did one full lap of all the relevant rares-selling systems except Geras, and that was enough to qualify for the top 75% at the time: but not by much, and I soon slipped down out of it, so I did a trip to Lave to get back in. Then two more to make sure I didn't fall out again.

Then each of my two alts (including one who had to suicidewinder in from Colonia to a waiting AspX) did four trips to Lave, then a couple more just to be sure. Hauled nearly 300t per account, about 100t more than was actually needed in the end.

Sorry to be that guy, but when will the FSD++ become available for purchase at the human tech broker? At the same time the module is given to the players? What about Inara, when will the FSD be added as an unlockable module at the "ADD TECH BROKER UNLOCK TO LISTS" window?
It will most probably become available on the Thursday/Friday of the week the CG was planned to end which will be when the reward module should become available.
The person from Inara would have to answer that, however it isn’t really an unlockable module as if you pay the mats price for one you cannot then just pay cash for any others from outfitting, it is purchasable and will cost you mats each time you want one from a Human Techbroker.

I had 2 that hauled < 300 and got in the 75%, and one who flew 45k Ly to get to Colonia ready to buy one later in the week. Flying the 45k took far longer than getting the two 75%ers :)

(Now I'm just hoping the good DSS comes up soon, as she wants that one too before setting out from Colonia again)

I’m grateful I was able to participate and the CG is successful. I don’t play ED as much as I would like, and I was falling into a rut. Was low on cash, picking flights in hires locations only nets me 8million a run, if, the Space PoPo have Anacondas. I learned not to pick fights without rebuy, among other Ahah moments that no YouTube video or forum wisdom could ever address. For me, I’m kinda glad for that.
From what I’ve seen, most CGs die on the vine with low participation. I hustled in this one, transported over 1k tons a my okay engineered Diamondback Scout w 48t cap , space-died once and ended up in top 10. Day later, I was in top 25. Blergh.
I promise you, there will be more CGs, and if you hustle your way to top 50, you can live in your space life, and in reality without shaking your fist at the meta gods or the CMDRs that cracked the grind code with the Fleet Carriers. The secret - read the following as humble advice, and not an attack - the secret is learning to play the Game, and not let the game play You, fam. You do that by getting in your ship, and know the worlds snd stations you visit enjoy your company. Lastly, you have the power to turn that world off when it gets... frustrating. You got this!

Last edited:
You underestimated the conditions and are blaming others for your lack of foresight. This was a very desirable module. 10,500 players participated. You can blame whoever you want, but be more prepared next time.

Yeah, they'll for sure have it in stock when you get to the front of the line!

How many is everyone buying? I'm trying to decide if 5 is enough or if I should keep farming mats to get 10?
Well there are 14 ships currently that can use a maximum of a size 5 FSD and a further 6 that could fit one as an undersized unit.

How many more than that you get will depend on how many duplicates you have in your fleet.

Well there are 14 ships currently that can use a maximum of a size 5 FSD and a further 6 that could fit one as an undersized unit.

How many more than that you get will depend on how many duplicates you have in your fleet.

Correct, but 6 out of those 14 are primarily combat ships with a pronounced hull tank orientation. Namely the Alliance C-ships and Federal Bricks.
I would not put a FSD with such low integrity to a ship that might lose shields during the first 30s of the fight.

So that leaves 8 other ships into equation, but then someone might have more than one Python and maybe more than one Krait

Must disagree.
Entry level to get a module is 189 tons, that's FOUR (4) hauls of Lavian Brandy, each requiring a total of 4 jumps in shieldless AspX.
That's literally one hour of gameplay, so FCs didn't take anything from anyone (except if you were out the whole weekend unable to play at all, then yes).

My first run was a complete tour as well, (1h15s) but I did the basic math and saw it's more profitable to stick to CG-Lave-CG only.
Better luck next time.
o7

Yeah, they'll for sure have it in stock when you get to the front of the line!

How many is everyone buying? I'm trying to decide if 5 is enough or if I should keep farming mats to get 10?
It really depends on how many ships in your fleet will benefit from the module. In my list I have a DBX taxi, my beloved Phantom Explorer, a Python Robigo-Sothis Liner (for the fast boot only, not the increased jump range), and a Python transporter.

But you can always go back to the broker to buy more, at the regular price, if you get a new ship that needs it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom