Any News on Broken horizons for accounts on PS4

Support Luna

Customer Support
Frontier
Hey again folks.

We've of course been spending a lot of time looking at accounts that don't work at present. I'm curious; do we have anyone here who has an alt account that IS working? Not a main, but an alt (that hasn't just bought another copy, ofc). If there's anyone here who fits that criteria, can I please get your alt and main PSN IDs via DM?

-Luna

Last edited:
Hey again folks.

We've of course been spending a lot of time looking at accounts that don't work at present. I'm curious; do we have anyone here who has an alt account that IS working? Not a main, but an alt (that hasn't just bought another copy, ofc). If there's anyone here who fits that criteria, can I please get your alt and main PSN IDs via DM?

-Luna
Yes, Sir!
Both my MAIN and ALT account are working with Horizons features however my alt account working since yesterday only in solo.

Short history
  • Before these issues started I had only one ED copy bought for my MAIN CMDR and only only PS+ abo
  • Both CMDRs worked in all game modes (open/private/solo) and with all features including Horizons (planetary landings, SLF etc)
  • When these issues started my ALT CMDR lost its Horizons features BUT still worked in open with PS+ abo only on MAIN
  • I bought another ED copy for my ALT and Horizons worked again
  • Issues reoccured (only on ALT) some time later
  • Issues started for a short period of time on MAIN as well
  • I bought PS+ abo for ALT for one month
  • Horizons worked for both MAIN and ALT CMDR
  • Again some short term (half a day twice if I recall) issues with Horizons features on both MAIN and ALT with presumably some fix by Frontier
  • Since then (last two weeks) no issues on either CMDR but the following two
  • 1. Starting from a planet brought me into orbit (open play) on ALT with the error message "You need to have Elite Dangerous: Horizons to land here" but restarting PS4 and starting ED again solved the issue, that happened twice, no issues on MAIN
  • 2. Maybe unrelated, but - currently my ALT is (or better was) grinding raw materials (Antimon, Polonium, Tellurium etc) at the known crystal sites; it happened twice that when reaching 100 units of the elements which are supposed to hold 150 I got a "capacity full" message and right tab showed only a max capacity of 100; logging out to main menu and back to the game corrected that error and capacity went up to the correct 150
  • Yesterday my "test" PS+ abo for the ALT account expired and since then I am restricted to solo play only, though Horizons features are still working
  • Restoring license was done (felt) 500 times.
Not sure whether this list is meeting your criteria request (most like not as I bought another copy) however if so, please let me know and I can let you know PSN IDs.

Best regards,
A.

FDev public announcement for PS4 players:

the FID number in the bottom left of ED main menu is unreadable, half off the screen. I tried resizing screen through PS4 menu and changing the field of view in the ED options, neither helped. But support ticket filed with all other requested info, thank you.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Hey again folks.

We've of course been spending a lot of time looking at accounts that don't work at present. I'm curious; do we have anyone here who has an alt account that IS working? Not a main, but an alt (that hasn't just bought another copy, ofc). If there's anyone here who fits that criteria, can I please get yo

Yes, Sir!
Both my MAIN and ALT account are working with Horizons features however my alt account working since yesterday only in solo.

I think the fact you bought 2 copies of the game is screwing your 'alt' results. As to be honest it's not an alt in the true sense of this 'issue' if both accounts own the game.

I resurrected my 'alt' to test it. My main (with PS+) can access Horizons fine. My alt (without PS+) can open the game in Solo or Open but no access to Horizons.

Filed a report anyway.

I think the fact you bought 2 copies of the game is screwing your 'alt' results. As to be honest it's not an alt in the true sense of this 'issue' if both accounts own the game.

I resurrected my 'alt' to test it. My main (with PS+) can access Horizons fine. My alt (without PS+) can open the game in Solo or Open but no access to Horizons.

Filed a report anyway.
I think that's a good point. I have a few other currently unused alt accounts and I admit I did not test them. Will do that this evening.

Filed a report anyway.
For us here in my place. only my Main account(the purchase one) works completely fine the Alts and other users do not, but NONE of us have PS+ on ANY profile so not sure that is what makes the difference. Since they were working fine before the middle-end of January 2021 as far as I can tell.

Still more info for the team since I also sent in the info and was testing all the accounts on the same PS4, the only working one is my main (so small blessings I guess?)

Still keep up the good work you doods in support, I'll happily lob more info at you if you ask for it! :giggle:

All done 😊👍
I await any response to it. Aswel as the highly likely rage response from Rittings and ZEldin of "THIS STILL ISN'T ENOUGH" and "HOW DARE THIS NOT BE A FREE COPY OF THE GAME!!"
Dude, why do you think this sudden spring into action and the offer of personalized support? Could it be your brown nosing and constant showers of praise? Or perhaps it is because some of us were more pushy than that and started contacting content creators on YouTube as well as Kotaku and Polygon? Yes, some of us have actually been doing something to get the results you are benefiting from now. You are very welcome my wonderful friend. The cure is coming to your Stockholm syndrome.

twitter.yamiks.png

Attachments

• twitter.yamiks.png
    twitter.yamiks.png
    501.9 KB · Views: 48
According to
https://customersupport.frontier.co...te-Dangerous-and-Horizons-season-pass-on-PS4-

Both Elite Dangerous and the Horizons expansion can be shared between all PSN accounts on the console that you've set as your Primary PlayStation®4.
I am experiencing the Horizons problem. I don't know if this is relevant, but I purchased it on my "Primary" PS4 at the time. I have since deactivated that PlayStation and I am using my PS5. Could it be that, internally, Elite isn't recognizing the change in my primary console and thus deactivating Horizons?

@ZEldin
I'll take it as the several weeks of them looking into it, gathering information and working on things as to the reason why a solution may be nearing. As opposed to a couple of (I still assume the same) self entitled whingy boys coming on here, running to Watchdog (who I'd imagine laughed at you) and messaging YouTubers and such.
But sure champ. Of course it's all you and Rittings. You can pat yourselves on the back, because you're our lil' heroes. /sarcasm

@ZEldin
I'll take it as the several weeks of them looking into it, gathering information and working on things as to the reason why a solution may be nearing. As opposed to a couple of (I still assume the same) self entitled whingy boys coming on here, running to Watchdog (who I'd imagine laughed at you) and messaging YouTubers and such.
But sure champ. Of course it's all you and Rittings. You can pat yourselves on the back, because you're our lil' heroes. /sarcasm
Oh no, don't give us all of the credit, you have also been working very hard. Your lips may have to be surgically removed from a certain body part you have been frequenting. And you did all of that hard work in order to protect the feeling of the very people who have ignored you for weeks. I'd say that is also extraordinary and deserves attention.

@ZEldin
Want to know something funny?
After my first time I noticed this going on I sent in a ticket and got the "We are aware and working on it" message so all was fine.
Then I saw that the Community team didn't seem to know about the problem that had been happening for a month and was annoyed, next day FDev sent an email asking how my service was so naturally I replied saying the support team members were great but it was FDev lack of communication(both internal and external) that left me annoyed more than anything.

I am sure there are many like me who did this as well, thus I doubt that it was 'just' the YouTube influencers or the threat of litigation that actually prompted the opening up and more to do with the issue being ongoing for so long with more and more people like us filing out feedback etc.

Ah well if others want to believe they 'solved' the issue let them, I played my part so I am content
Remember
Service Guarantees Citizenship!🎖️

Top Bottom