Please reduce the weight of your Mining NERF

50 million in less than an hour, as a general statement, is pure hyperbole and deep down you know it.

Again post the video or it didn't happen.

Bahahahahaha. You're serious right? :LOL:

I'll see how I feel when I get back from my dialysis outpatient treatment at hospital later this evening - IF I can be bothered with recording and uploading a lengthy video to youtube, sure thing bud. Honestly though, the fact that I'm openly mocking the suggestion In a public web forum for the game should really tell you everything you need to know. I can assure you that I don't need to tell fibs about computer games to get some sort of personal validation and honestly, it's pretty damn insulting that you'd suggest otherwise.

I didn't but as usual for here people remove context to go for a 'gotcha'.

We're comparing credit-gaining activities. Yes?

Well some might pat themselves on the back but when it comes to Red he has no need for forum adulation so when he tells me in chat he did 50 million in 40 minutes I take him at his word because I know how anal he is about things and his capacity to stick at things I get bored of in 5 minutes will always be a source of wonder to me.

You know, it's quite arrogant to take the position that if you cannot do it then it must be impossible. Demanding video evidence is going to solve what? Oh, you posted it, oh, you can do it. Maybe ask for tips rather than video evidence.
Because I know that as a general statement it's just not accurate. It was hyperbole thrown out to shoot down the op's suggestion.

Mining does not make you 50million credits in less than an hour.

I assumed that making errors or mistakes didn't factor into his summation of "risk vs reward" since he threw out logging into a hazrez which would also be a mistake for a miner. Yes?

Ummm I never said I did this in a haz res. I talked about haz res mining in a different thread in which I mentioned that sometimes I mine in a haz res for fun? That wasn't this thread as far as I recall, nor indeed was it this discussion.

Ummm I never said I did this in a haz res. I talked about haz res mining in a different thread in which I mentioned that sometimes I mine in a haz res for fun? That wasn't this thread as far as I recall, nor indeed was it this discussion.

Curious how long would it take you to mine 50 million worth of rocks in a haz rez? 500 hours? 100 perhaps.

Mining does not make you 50million credits in less than an hour.

It does. In certain conditions it does up to 130-150 millions per hour
That is mapped mining Platinum in a Haz Res located in a Platinum hotspot

Takes about 30 minutes to fill a 512t cutter - assuming you dont get really unlucky with the pirates
The other 30 minutes are to find a market to sell

Also it's a short term activity since it involves goin on its fringes (*) and there are not that many asteroids to go - so you do one run, go to sell and come back 2 hours later after the field replenishes

(*) that is between 17-19.9 km from center to benefit from the increased fragments numbers due to Haz Res bonus, but trying to avoid pirates as much as possible

But i hate mapped mining and my laser mining sessions were always random lasering.

Get your bib on, you're going to be eating a lot of humble pie after that statement.
Without using cheese like mining maps? Nah. At best I'll get some doctored evidence of some edge case where mining maps was used but never admitted.

As a genreal statement that's just bunk. Mining is not in such a state where you can reliably make 50mill in under an hour.

Without using cheese like mining maps? Nah. At best I'll get some doctored evidence of some edge case where mining maps was used but never admitted.

As a genreal statement that's just bunk. Mining is not in such a state where you can reliably make 50mill in under an hour.

Is this still to my original post about 50m in an hour? By the way, I have never, literally never, used a mining map. Be honest, do I strike you as being that patient? :LOL:

If I video this later, I'm fairly sure you'll be able to see no map is involved, I'm talking about literally setting fraps going for the entire time I'm playing. Honestly, I'd suggest you do this though because it could save me some time - go and mine in a platinum hotspot (a single hotspot, which are not rare or hard to find) and see what you get in an hour. It's in no way hard, or an edge case.

Last edited:

So your already dismissing evidence because you cant admit your making assumptions on the mining payouts based on your apparent lack of understanding in how mining works.

<ahem>

Last edited by a moderator:
So road to riches isn't "real" exploring
But mining maps is real mining?

😂This forum sometimes!
You're right, it's both stupid.
Frontier should nerf it to the ground and make all asteroids only mineable once, and all exploration rewards only for first discoveries.
We need quantum server meshing for that, though.

Right, you're now saying it cant be done and even if you are supplied proof, you won't believe it. Why ask for it?

Drop me out, this is going nowhere except you continuing to believe that you have mastered the game and no one else can possibly do things that you cannot.

I never said 50million credits in less than an hour was IMPOSSIBLE.

It's simply a silly bunk statement to issue, in the general sense, in this discussion. You full well know that's what I said.

😂This forum sometimes!

It's mining and it was included in the complains that MINING RUINS TEH GAME WITH 500,000,000 cr/h. NERF

I was happy when i could do this. Maybe 2 days in a row every week or so, because then the BGS states would change and maybe the next market would not have enough demand to allow a 320t conda to sell for a decent enough profit

Edit: this was in april 2020

gains1.jpg

Is this still to my original post about 50m in an hour? By the way, I have never, literally never, used a mining map. Be honest, do I strike you as being that patient? :LOL:

If I video this later, I'm fairly sure you'll be able to see no map is involved, I'm talking about literally setting fraps going for the entire time I'm playing. Honestly, I'd suggest you do this though because it could save me some time - go and mine in a platinum hotspot (a single hotspot, which are not rare or hard to find) and see what you get in an hour. It's in no way hard, or an edge case.

I think it would have been a lot more constructive if you didn't throw out some wild claim as a general statement to shoot down the OP.

I have no doubt you have made 50 million credits in less than an hour when the stars aligned, there was a close station with a good buy-price etc etc. But can you honestly tell me that's the majority of your mining trips?

Because if it is, absolutely post that video. I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong and thank you :) But right now I'm just done with mining as it's boring and doesn't pay very well. I DID laser mine in platinum hotpots, it took way longer than an hour to make 50 million credits on average.

RtR is not exploring - it is a checklist of places to go that have already been visited - the antithesis of exploring

Mining maps are complicated to follow, I never even managed to orientate to the first in a map, there is actual skill in being able to follow one.

This forum sometimes!
Indeed.

Top Bottom