Open letter to FDEV

The lack of a big streamer name behind this is worrying - can we look at getting someone on board as a figurehead ASAP?

Most streamers probably aren't even aware of it. The forums have scared most of the "big streamers" away. It's not exactly a welcoming to content creators. 🤪 😂
Looks like OP got a big streamer name behind... 🥳

Last edited:
Cries in adsense im sure.
giphy.gif

Most streamers probably aren't even aware of it. The forums have scared most of the "big streamers" away. It's not exactly a welcoming to content creators. 🤪 😂

Man you said it. I couldn't believe how this place treated The Pilot when he "dared" to post a video about the game on a forum about the game.

I genuinely had no idea of any of this. Chicken and egg now but explains why I rarely see streamers involved in the actual debate but just using the forum to advertise their latest video which can seem like using the forums just to make money which probably doesn't lead to a greater response towards them.

Some streamers are very opinionated, so it wouldn't be unusual to find someone of the exact opposite opinion when you advertise your own, and the forums is where they reply coz they dont have a YT channel or dont want one.

It would be a shame if the result was that the streamers retreated into their own echo chambers though.

The forums may be a better place now than when they left....maybe should try engaging again if not just posting click-bait, and theres now a dedicated Streamer Schedule thread where they can do that anyway.

Chicken and egg now but explains why I rarely see streamers involved in the actual debate but just using the forum to advertise their latest video which can seem like using the forums just to make money which probably doesn't lead to a greater response towards them.

rocket science 101: streamers look for attention, audience, popularity, praise and income. if they wanted to learn, to challenge their own views, to perfect their vision of stuff, to discuss or to have fun communicating in general they would have opened a collaborative discussion forum, not a one-way "channel" in a content monetization platform.
sigh, that this stuff even needs to be spelled out ...

so ... what happened? one of these snowflakes got lost in the pub?

Top Bottom