Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Q&A - Weapons

Will there be any non-lethal options available, for instance if you wanted to rob a settlement without murdering anybody, or for a capture mission, for example?

(This made our latter day Robin Hoods pretty popular - with everybody but the banks and the railroads).
(One thing we gotta get Heyes.......)

+1 for non-lethal options to subdue targets.

Having multiple different weapons if you want multiple different attachments, instead of being able to take them off a weapon seems weird to me and an overly cumbersome idea.

Also, we can already take modifications off our ships, so why can't we do it with these? Seems odd, imo. Be good to get hands on with the alpha and delve into this ourselves.

Will there be any non-lethal options available, for instance if you wanted to rob a settlement without murdering anybody, or for a capture mission, for example?

(This made our latter day Robin Hoods pretty popular - with everybody but the banks and the railroads).
(One thing we gotta get Heyes.......)
Maybe if you butt someone in the head with your rifle, it will knock them out rather than kill them?

Now when you say always... I have no plans on doing combat, when I'm just walking around a planet's surface, or inside a Thargoid structure I'd really rather not have a reticule in the centre of my screen the whole time. When you're flying your ship, you don't have a reticule on your screen unless you are in a fire group that has a module with a reticule in it. I do realise that you're saying on foot you can interact with more things that you can in your spaceship (as that is done via menus), but to not be able to hide it from the screen I think could get very frustrating.

Maybe they can add the annoying Analysis/Combat mode toggle to on-foot as well 😬

Where will our weapons be stored? Bound to ship? What if it's destroyed? Do we lose them or are they tied to our character like mats?
If bound to ship, that means we have to re-embark to change loadout... Will this be possible from SRV ? Will there be loadout interfaces in some bases?

Last but not least: let's hope there'll be some kind of spinfusor, SHAZBOT!

I'm not quite into combat and definitely not into ganking but throwing grenades at landed unmanned ship sounds interesting :)

Landed unmanned?

I just read that small arms are going to be competitive with ship based weapons, so it's going to be like what we were doing in Battlefield 1942 twenty years ago...stick a squad of infantry on the wings, so when the opposing fighters made too close a pass they got hit with three bazookas, five hundred BAR rounds, and six grenades.

Having multiple different weapons if you want multiple different attachments, instead of being able to take them off a weapon seems weird to me and an overly cumbersome idea.

Also, we can already take modifications off our ships, so why can't we do it with these? Seems odd, imo. Be good to get hands on with the alpha and delve into this ourselves.
I don't mind it myself. It means that all my weapons kind of have a distinct personality if you get what I mean. Hopefully I will get attached to them.

Maybe if you butt someone in the head with your rifle, it will knock them out rather than kill them?

Yes, because blows to the head have a great therapeutic index and smashing people's helmets hard enough to incapacitate them surely won't cause any issues at all with life support on worlds with tenuous atmospheres.

That sounds so idiotic it just might be true.

Landed unmanned?

I just read that small arms are going to be competitive with ship based weapons, so it's going to be like what we were doing in Battlefield 1942 twenty years ago...stick a squad of infantry on the wings, so when the opposing fighters made too close a pass they got hit with three bazookas, five hundred BAR rounds, and six grenades.

I feel that ambushing will be one of the more fun things to do in the Odyssey (not fun for all ofcourse).

Top Bottom