Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

If we haven't scanned a body then we won't have information to judge whether that body is high value or not unless the body was previously scanned and we were able to retrieve that prior scan data from EDSM.

Ok, so I have reworked my discovery scanner script, and it seems to work.
It does tell me how many notable planets there are as per the criteria in my Bodies notable script, even if it's the first time I've been to that system.
If I'm understanding you correctly though, it is only doing this because those bodies have already been uploaded to EDSM?
If it was a completely undiscovered system then it would have no way of knowing what the planet types are in that system until they had been full system scanned, and would therefore not report as notable bodies from just honking, is that correct?

I do have a section that reports any undiscovered bodies so I guess if that is the case then it would still work in that it tells me when FSS is worthwhile.

Couple of quick questions.

1. Is there an EDBind key (like edCycleNextFiregroup) that switches between combat and analysis modes? I looked, but couldn't find one.
2. Is there a way to figure out how many jumps are left in a plotted route?

Cheers.

1. Is there an EDBind key (like edCycleNextFiregroup) that switches between combat and analysis modes? I looked, but couldn't find one.

Cheers.

1. No - two separate key binds - sadly
2. There is a way to display jumps remaining in route. I don't know how, but I used a posted setup for Stream Deck and it's working on that device.

Cheers.
1. If you mean switching between the Combat HUD and the System/Body Scanning HUD (FSS/DSS, or 'Switch Cockpit Mode' in the ED controls setup) , then the bindED variable is 'edPlayerHUDModeToggle'.
2. There is a state variable EDDI uses for the number of remaining jumps in a route: state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps.

I've never used bindED, but looking at it now, I may have to give it a try. I notice that it's only keyboard keys it uses, not mouse or joystick (not that I can see anyway). I have a lot of my controls mapped to a HOTAS, so I'm not sure how useful I'd find this, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I've never used bindED, but looking at it now, I may have to give it a try. I notice that it's only keyboard keys it uses, not mouse or joystick (not that I can see anyway). I have a lot of my controls mapped to a HOTAS, so I'm not sure how useful I'd find this, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
There are 2 columns for the controls so as I use a wired 360 controller on the PC I have 1 column with those binds, these would be your HOTAS binds, and the other column with keyboard keys which I can then get VoiceAttack to press for me when I issue a voice command.

Check out bindED V3.1 which can be found here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/binded-3-0-import-your-key-binds-into-voiceattack.558439/

1. If you mean switching between the Combat HUD and the System/Body Scanning HUD (FSS/DSS, or 'Switch Cockpit Mode' in the ED controls setup) , then the bindED variable is 'edPlayerHUDModeToggle'.
2. There is a state variable EDDI uses for the number of remaining jumps in a route: state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps.

Please can you give me an example of how to use the state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps variable. I'm trying to use it in a "say" command with {TXT:state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps}, but it's coming up with "not set", even though there's a multiple jump route plotted.

Cheers.

Please can you give me an example of how to use the state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps variable. I'm trying to use it in a "say" command with {TXT:state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps}, but it's coming up with "not set", even though there's a multiple jump route plotted.

Cheers.
In VA, the command should, in my opinion, be called this:
{TXT:EDDI state eddi_context_remaining_jumps} (Attention, do not put a dot after "state".)

Maybe this command will also help you:

Cheers.
To use it, it's a number, not text. So use this:
{DEC:EDDI state eddi_context_remaining_jumps}

Also, it's set in the 'Next jump' script. So when a route is plotted, or you jump to a system in the route, it get's refreshed.

Last edited:
Still giving me "not set".

Recalculated the route. No dice.
Strange. I tested it by plotting a route in the GalMap, then running that command in VA, and it gave the correct result. I tried it before, and after, I plotted a route. First it said 'not set', then '2' for the two jumps to my destination. How are you using it in VA? Can you post a screenshot of your whole command that uses that variable?

EDIT: Oh, wait a sec... are you using it with the EDDI routing functionality? I have a feeling it will only work once a route has been plotted in game. If that is what you're doing anyway, then I'm curious as to why it's not working for you.

Last edited:
I'm plotting it via the galmap. Having said that, I have other scripts which use EDDI to plot the route and my AD-ASTRA voicepack still always knows the number of jumps left. Heer's a screenie. you'll probably look at at it and see something blindingly obvious.

View attachment 211553

[EDIT]

screenie

Last edited:
I'm plotting it via the galmap. Having said that, I have other scripts which use EDDI to plot the route and my AD-ASTRA voicepack still always knows the number of jumps left. Heer's a screenie. you'll probably look at at it and see something blindingly obvious.

View attachment 211553
For some reason I can't view the attachment. I get an error:
Permissions Error: You do not have permission to perform said action or to view said content.

It's possible the page or content that you are attempting to view requires elevated privileges or does not exist any more.

If you are plotting a route by the GalMap, then the variable should be populated. After plotting the route, try opening up a new script in EDDI, and paste the following in:
Code:
{dump(state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps)}.
{type(state.eddi_context_remaining_jumps)}.
Run this with the 'Test' button. You should hear the number of jumps and the data type of 'number'. This is just checking that it's set correctly in EDDI first. If it isn't, then that would be why it's not set in VA.

It's late here, and I have to go, but if you haven't got it working by tomorrow morning, or someone else hasn't helped you out first, then I'll be back to lend a hand again. :)

View attachment 211553

[EDIT]

screenie
Hi @Stabby_Dave, the Next jump script must be enabled. If it is not enabled then the script will not run and the variable will not be set. Please confirm whether this is the case?
I also can't view your attachment.

Alternatively, you can retrieve the same value from the event when ((EDDI next jump)) is triggered in VoiceAttack. Details are here.

View attachment 211553

[EDIT]

screenie
I still can't see either of those. However, I have found out that the recent update to the forum code may be the cause: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/attaching-images-is-broken.565923/post-8968332
Make sure any screen shots, or images, are under 1Mb in size and less than 1920x1080 resolution.

Asking here before opening a ticket on Github 'cause i'm unsure if this is a bug or not.

Problem: the Sol system object names are not localized.

Doubt: should they be? i see how eerything else is not, and that localizing them could open an exception, but on the other side these are "common names" in each language, so perhaps they should be localized.... i really dunno.

What do you think?

Top Bottom