Powerplay How does you Powerplay routine look like?

Heya everyone,

Back in the days, when I helped to spread the influence of the Alliance over the galaxy, I dipped my toe into powerplay supporting Edmund Mahon. However, I quickly got scared off after realizing that most of the work was just throwing credits at capital systems to ship stuff to the headquarters. Which I didn't really enjoy.

I don't want to start a discussion about powerplay itself, but would be interested: Did I play it wrong? Do you engage in powerplay differently? Is there more that one can do week by week?

I find powerplay to be interesting, but am worried that it might become too repetitive for my taste. I wonder, whether there is a better approach to it.

Thanks for the insights!

I cant speak for Mahon as im a Utopian. However, when pledges arrive on our Discord, we ask them what they like doing ingame & help them help us, while doing what they like.

Pretty much everything you can do in ED affects Powerplay, and you can be a valued member of a Powerplay group without ever earning a merit. You can either attempt to reinvent the wheel on your own & make a mess in the process, or contact the group that has been focused on helping that Power for years, and has all the knowledge you need and also info on-tap whenever you need it. hint

I cant speak for Mahon as im a Utopian. However, when pledges arrive on our Discord, we ask them what they like doing ingame & help them help us, while doing what they like.

Pretty much everything you can do in ED affects Powerplay, and you can be a valued member of a Powerplay group without ever earning a merit. You can either attempt to reinvent the wheel on your own & make a mess in the process, or contact the group that has been focused on helping that Power for years, and has all the knowledge you need and also info on-tap whenever you need it. hint
Thanks for the pointer! My question was not about Mahon specifically, so your answer is helpful. It was just the motivation for my question.

So how do you engage with powerplay? What actions do you do?

Thanks for the pointer! My question was not about Mahon specifically, so your answer is helpful. It was just the motivation for my question.

I sit at my desk drinking Lavian Brandy and taking Onion Head until I start seeing Manatees eating Kumoburgers. I then collect some social agitators found guilty of law breaking from Kappa and deliver those not accidently ejected out of the airlock to Synteini where they will have the opportunity to become productive Imperial citizens again.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Where to begin, lol, its a mix of Powerplay and BGS, primarily. We have over 600 exploited systems, more than half of which need to be controlled by minor factions with 'favourable' government types. When a control system's bubble of exploited systems is majority favourable, it cuts our fortification haulage requirement by half, so it feeds-back into efficiency & defensibility from attack by other Powers.

Anything that affects the BGS, is something that can be used for Powerplay. Because of the large number of systems, for the individual you can pretty much do what you want when you want, and there's usually an ideal target system for any particular activity that needs some help.

The Powerplay activities themselves tend to be more specific, and I haul or undermine depending on the need at the time.

& ofc any of that can be disrupted by PvP. For some players it is their main focus, others rarely dabble. For me its almost entirely organic PvP, driven by circumstances & necessity which is what people will say when they're garbage at it 😄

PowerPlay = pledge + wait 4 weeks + spend 7.5M credits + haul something. Purchase loads of the PP module/weapon.
Unpledge.

Rinse and repeat.

It amazes me that people do anything other than this. What do I care whether Archon Delaine (who???) is performing better than Pranav Antal (who???).

But, fair play to those of you that do. Each to their own...

Last edited:
PowerPlay = pledge + wait 4 weeks + spend 7.5M credits + haul something. Purchase loads of the PP module/weapon.
Unpledge.

Rinse and repeat.

It amazes me that people do anything other than this. What do I care whether Archon Delaine (who???) is performing better than Prenav Antal (who???).

But, fair play to those of you that do. Each to their own...
better rewrite those banner headlines, people; someone who doesnt know much about something, doesnt know why people do it.
Its a shocking revelation.

Prenav Antal (who???)
HARSH.jpg

better rewrite those banner headlines, people; someone who doesnt know much about something, doesnt know why people do it.
Its a shocking revelation.

Just because I don’t know why someone does something, it does not mean I don’t understand what it is they are doing.
For example, I know the laws of cricket perfectly well, but I don’t understand why people watch it.
That’s quite an assumption you’ve made.
Or perhaps you would care to tell me what it is, precisely, that I do not know about PowerPlay?

Just because I don’t know why someone does something, it does not mean I don’t understand what it is they are doing.
For example, I know the laws of cricket perfectly well, but I don’t understand why people watch it.
That’s quite an assumption you’ve made.
Or perhaps you would care to tell me what it is, precisely, that I do not know about PowerPlay?
What do I care whether Archon Delaine (who???) is performing better than Pranav Antal (who???).
.. was something of a give away.

Most people dont do Powerplay for the fabulous mechanics, or the twisted nature of each Power, but for what grows beyond that in terms of teamwork and rivalry. There isnt much more precision than that because everyone has their own individual perspective & level of engagement.

.. was something of a give away.

Most people dont do Powerplay for the fabulous mechanics, or the twisted nature of each Power, but for what grows beyond that in terms of teamwork and rivalry. There isnt much more precision than that because everyone has their own individual perspective & level of engagement.

Yeah nothing new or constructive from you there.
Like I said, it’s one thing to understand what someone does vs. understanding why they do it

Last edited:
Yeah nothing new or constructive from you there.
Like I said, it’s one thing to understand what someone does vs. understanding why they do it
lol is that your automated reply?
Its a feature about teamwork & strategy. People who stick with it do it for the teamwork and strategy. If you dont want those things from ED at this point in time, then its not for you.

That many people feel bribed/obliged to sign up by the module bait is unfortunate & clearly irritates a lot of players.

Equally, from the Powers' organised playergroup perspective: module shoppers who dont give a monkey's are a constant irritant.

Seems both module shoppers and Powerplayers would be happier if the modules were moved to techbrokers or similar.

No I like peeing in your powerplay pool every time I want more modules. Not being able to effect it poorly would break muh immurshun
You would still be free to pee or even poop in the Powerplay pool at your leisure, you just wouldnt feel the need to hold it in for a month to get what you want. Much more comfortable all-round if modules were at techbrokers.

Top Bottom