Memorials Now In-Game

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

We're pleased to announce that player memorials have been added in-game. As described in our previous post, we've placed a number of listening posts throughout the galaxy, featuring an epitaph and a list of names.

The memorial posts may be found in the following locations:

• Achenar
  • Alioth
  • Asellus Primus
  • Colonia
  • Dromi
  • Shinrarta Dezhra
  • Sol

Names will be added periodically every few months across all locations, allowing visitors to see the full list at any post at any time. If you'd like to request a name to be added to the memorials, you can do so in this separate thread.

We'll continue monitoring and listening to your feedback as always.

o7

I noticed your announcement on Twitter says "Listening post memorials dedicated to the commanders we have lost".

I'm not for a minute suggesting any names already submitted should now be withdrawn (and I totally appreciate that this is an incredibly thorny subject to even discuss) but was it more Frontier's intention that these memorials should be primarily for commanders rather than just for any loved ones whatsoever? (only that wasn't made entirely clear in the original post on this subject).

I feel bad even asking this only there's been quite a lot of discussion about it already so it might help if you clarified your primary intention for these memorials?

On the other hand I also understand if the best policy is to say absolutely nothing (and perhaps that's what I should have done).

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
I noticed your announcement on Twitter says "Listening post memorials dedicated to the commanders we have lost".

I'm not for a minute suggesting any names already submitted should now be withdrawn (and I totally appreciate that this is an incredibly thorny subject to even discuss) but was it more Frontier's intention that these memorials should be primarily for commanders rather than just for any loved ones whatsoever? (only that wasn't made entirely clear in the original post on this subject).

I feel bad even asking this only there's been quite a lot of discussion about it already so it might help if you clarified your primary intention for these memorials?

On the other hand I also understand if the best policy is to say absolutely nothing (and perhaps that's what I should have done).
Hi Alec, players are welcome to note down names of loved ones.

Is there a list of names that have been selected?
One would assume all from this forum thread:

I haven't been to the beacon yet but there should be about 200+ names on it currently if it's up to date.

One would assume all from this forum thread:

I haven't been to the beacon yet but there should be about 200+ names on it currently if it's up to date.
Wow... all of them? I need to investigate then (y)

Hey devs, please add the name of my friend, he passed away about 3 months ago and i can't accept this.
Calebe Mendonça Kaster Gomes
And Congratulations for the wonderful job
Thanks you all

Hey devs, please add the name of my friend, he passed away about 3 months ago and i can't accept this.
Calebe Mendonça Kaster Gomes
And Congratulations for the wonderful job
Thanks you all
Wrong thread

Hi folks, I have a question about how these listening posts work... I visited the Memorial in Sol and scanned it, received the message with the memorial names, and then accidentally deleted it. I re-scanned but did not receive the email a second time (which I guess is perfectly normal, as is the case with other listening posts and tourist beacons around the galaxy). I know that I can travel to other destinations and scan the other memorial beacons, but the messages disappear after 30 days anyway.

My question is: at what point does a new scan of a previously scanned beacon generate a new message in my inbox? Does it just take a specific period of time? Does it only happen if the memorial content is updated? I'd like to revisit these beacons again and again and again in the years to come to see the names of my loved ones memorialised, it would be a shame if I only get to do this once per beacon.

I would think that each time the list is updated you should be able to scan it again.
I also believe that the contents of the scan should be stored in your Codex somewhere too, so you can read it any time.

Nope, I just checked my Codex and only Tourist Beacons are saved, not Listening Posts.

Last edited:
I would think that each time the list is updated you should be able to scan it again.
I also believe that the contents of the scan should be stored in your Codex somewhere too, so you can read it any time.

Nope, I just checked my Codex and only Tourist Beacons are saved, not Listening Posts.
Yes I noticed it was not in my Codex either.

Zac - your opening post here says that the beacon set-up would allow "visitors to see the full list at any post at any time", but as per my experience it seems that at present, any visitor only gets to see the full list at any beacon once per beacon. Can you perhaps clarify?

Yes I noticed it was not in my Codex either.

Zac - your opening post here says that the beacon set-up would allow "visitors to see the full list at any post at any time", but as per my experience it seems that at present, any visitor only gets to see the full list at any beacon once per beacon. Can you perhaps clarify?
Hi all -
Zac, I'm just bumping this thread to see if this issue has been looked at? Like I said, memorials are not currently visible at any time...

Any response?

Top Bottom