Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Questions and Answers

i KNOW VR IS GREAT...BUT TRY VR WITH AN X52PRO, PEDALS FOR barrelrolls while sitting on a PLAYSEAT EVOLUTION chair , AND 5.1 SURROUND SOUND... RUNNING ON 6.4GHZ(overclocked from 5.6)water cooled i7-7700K 64 gigs of ram and a gtx 2060... IT...IS...GLORIOUS. i dont need to go to mars anymore...im fine playing elite.
I7 9900k 32 gigs, 1080 TI, Vive pro, x52 voice attack, 3 crew hcs voice packs , buttkicker.

I7 9900k 32 gigs, 1080 TI, Vive pro, x52 voice attack, 3 crew hcs voice packs , buttkicker.
i like the cpu, what board you using with it and how are you cooling it? ALSO the chair my man...its so immersive, is expensive upwards of 300$ but worth every penny for any simulation games you play

In Odyssey will we be able to bind more than 32 buttons on our Hotas and throttle like other games. Windows is not the problem

In one...mission I have to download data.. But the power is down,... How do I get the doors open?
I did find an emergency hatch thingie, but not sure how to interact with it (punching or shooting it doen'st work xD naturally)

In one...mission I have to download data.. But the power is down,... How do I get the doors open?
I did find an emergency hatch thingie, but not sure how to interact with it (punching or shooting it doen'st work xD naturally)
You need the maverick suit to use the arc cutter to open the panel, then you can power the lock manually to get it open.

.. and for future reference posting the the alpha forum is likely to get more responses than in a random old news thread :)

What keybind do you use to get the Mission Board open after you use E to open the terminal? and where does it go in the options menu?

I am on a PC I can press E to get those terminals open but cannot get that Mission board to open up after that. I have tried every key bind I know which isn't much any help would be appreciated.

I am on a PC I can press E to get those terminals open but cannot get that Mission board to open up after that. I have tried every key bind I know which isn't much any help would be appreciated.
Can you not even move the highlighted button in the terminal? I forgot to mention about the space bar for actually selecting the thing. If it doesn't work, I don't know how to help.

Can you not even move the highlighted button in the terminal? I forgot to mention about the space bar for actually selecting the thing. If it doesn't work, I don't know how to help.
Figured it out finally yup it was the space bar. Thanks for the help.

Noticed the Q/A about overhangs. This is huge devs! There have to be caves to explore, just have to be. If there is no way for the terrain system to have caves (or even overhangs) then it needs to be improved / re-designed, whatever.

I just can't stand playing games with a K+M so I think I will be sticking to the old parts of ED.

Last edited:
I just can't stand playing games with a K+M so I think I will be sticking to the old parts of ED.
I am getting on quite nicely with my existing HOTAS setup, it might not be up to the standards of the top gamers but then neither am I.
I will point out apart from being a target a couple of times I have yet to indulge in combat in the Alpha.

Top Bottom