Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

A question on the available space. Is it possible to have the alpha install on a different drive from the main game?

My main game is on my SSD C: drive which doesn't have 60Gb of space.
My D: drive has plenty of space tho.
If Frontier can tell us the name of the installation sub-directory where most of that 60Gb is going to go then I can always just create a link.
If you can temporarily free up space just long enough to install then you should have no problems moving it to wherever and linking.

Greetings Commanders,

With the Odyssey Alpha almost upon us we wanted to take the opportunity to share with you our minimum and recommended specifications for the Alpha phase of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

Please note that as this is an Alpha phase, a large amount of optimisation work for the final release is yet to be completed. As with all pre-released content, please be aware that you may encounter bugs and inconsistent performance as part of your experience. Community feedback is a vital part of the Alpha process and we would encourage everyone to share their experience to help shape Odyssey into the best experience for launch.

If you want to report an issue, or check if an issue has already been reported, please head over to the issue tracker:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/reported-issues/elite-dangerous-odyssey-alpha

These specifications are subject to change as we move toward release.

Recommended Specs (High Settings at 1080p)

• Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (above 4 GHz recommended)
  • 12GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500
  • 60GB available space

Minimum Specs (Low Settings at 720p)

• Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-4350
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • 60GB available space

We're aiming for the Alpha to be available for download at 11AM BST/10AM UTC on Monday 29th March.

We can't wait to begin to share what we've been working on with you all!

See you in Odyssey, Commanders!

o7
And those of us who do not have the DELUXE version, when will we have access? : C

Помниться писали что системные требования не изменяться, а тут требования на уровень выше .
Remember they wrote that the system requirements do not change, and here the requirements are higher.
They also literally said this "Please note that as this is an Alpha phase, a large amount of optimization work for the final release is yet to be completed."

So these specs are for an unoptimized game. They will go down before launch.

The alpha is separated from the production game, correct? As in, I assume that anything we do in the Odyssey alpha won't affect our main game/character?
This is absolutely correct. Note that in the last phase of the alpha, a snapshot of your current live game will be brought into the alpha but at no point will anything that happens in the alpha transfer to the main game.

A question on the available space. Is it possible to have the alpha install on a different drive from the main game?

My main game is on my SSD C: drive which doesn't have 60Gb of space.
My D: drive has plenty of space tho.
If Frontier can tell us the name of the installation sub-directory where most of that 60Gb is going to go then I can always just create a link.
This post may help you, Alec. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/i-am-being-forced-to-delete-elite.401415/post-6330478

Greetings Commanders,

With the Odyssey Alpha almost upon us we wanted to take the opportunity to share with you our minimum and recommended specifications for the Alpha phase of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

Please note that as this is an Alpha phase, a large amount of optimisation work for the final release is yet to be completed. As with all pre-released content, please be aware that you may encounter bugs and inconsistent performance as part of your experience. Community feedback is a vital part of the Alpha process and we would encourage everyone to share their experience to help shape Odyssey into the best experience for launch.

If you want to report an issue, or check if an issue has already been reported, please head over to the issue tracker:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/reported-issues/elite-dangerous-odyssey-alpha

These specifications are subject to change as we move toward release.

Recommended Specs (High Settings at 1080p)

• Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (above 4 GHz recommended)
  • 12GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500
  • 60GB available space

Minimum Specs (Low Settings at 720p)

• Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-4350
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • 60GB available space

We're aiming for the Alpha to be available for download at 11AM BST/10AM UTC on Monday 29th March.

We can't wait to begin to share what we've been working on with you all!

See you in Odyssey, Commanders!

o7
Cant wait

Top Bottom