Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

I've got a Ryzen 5 3600, therefore my processor-generation is newer than the one recommended :unsure: I'm still wondering whether it's enough to run smoothely on 1080p...

I've got a Ryzen 5 3600, therefore my processor-generation is newer than the one recommended :unsure: I'm still wondering whether it's enough to run smoothely on 1080p...
Without knowing what GPU you have there is no way of answering that question. But a 3600 will easily handle Odyssey on the CPU side of things.

Would that be the 3GB version or the 6GB version? - My 1050ti sits in the middle of the two.....
I have the 1050 ti (zotac) too. Recommended settings are overcompensating. As long as your cpu is just as good, you can max it out fine. However, this being an alpha, who knows what will happen. At 1080p might I add.

Last edited:
As some people may be worried re the quoted minimum specs ill feedback how things work on my I7 920.
The old CPU has no problems dealing with Horizons, and shouldnt have issues with Odyssey if its planned to work on last gen consoles.

Greetings Commanders,

With the Odyssey Alpha almost upon us we wanted to take the opportunity to share with you our minimum and recommended specifications for the Alpha phase of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

Please note that as this is an Alpha phase, a large amount of optimisation work for the final release is yet to be completed. As with all pre-released content, please be aware that you may encounter bugs and inconsistent performance as part of your experience. Community feedback is a vital part of the Alpha process and we would encourage everyone to share their experience to help shape Odyssey into the best experience for launch.

If you want to report an issue, or check if an issue has already been reported, please head over to the issue tracker:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/reported-issues/elite-dangerous-odyssey-alpha

These specifications are subject to change as we move toward release.

Recommended Specs (High Settings at 1080p)

• Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (above 4 GHz recommended)
  • 12GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500
  • 60GB available space

Minimum Specs (Low Settings at 720p)

• Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-4350
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • 60GB available space

We're aiming for the Alpha to be available for download at 11AM BST/10AM UTC on Monday 29th March.

We can't wait to begin to share what we've been working on with you all!

See you in Odyssey, Commanders!

o7
I am really Excited for this ! i always want to be part of the world of Elite Dangerous . Since 2015 and i'm in love with the game ! i felt sad that my name as "Baker'' Space port isn't in the game yet ! i hope someday will be .

Cheers. If I knew in advance the directory name where the alpha was going to go I could create the link in advance and leave my main game where it is. I might just wait a while after launch and ask someone else to look and tell me where's it's installing itself. Or maybe I can start the download (without enough space), then pause it, move things, then restart it. Lots of options I guess, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
I guess the time has come to dust off this immortal post:

Note: This is meant as a humorous post only
With Beta 3 looming, I thought it would be prudent to release the full Beta 3 schedule so everyone knows what to expect....
27th October 2014 GMT 12:01
Someone posts in some far off country that it is now the 28th and enquires how long until Beta 3? They also enquire if the Beta 3 will include a full wipe.
27th October 2014 GMT 23:55
Forum activity rises as people get excited about the pending release They also enquire if the Beta 3 will include a full wipe.
28th October 2014 GMT 00:05
Forum disappoint rises as it pointed out that people generally sleep during the night when they have a busy job developing a game.
28th October 2014 GMT 07:00
Forum disappoint increases as they dont understand why Frontier Developments do not have a working day that starts at GMT 05:00
28th October 2014 GMT 10:00
First person to post on the forum that they have wasted 50 pounds on this Beta and expect a quicker release of the update. They also enquire if the Beta 3 will include a full wipe.
28th October 2014 GMT 15:00
First report of someone saying the upgrade is beginning because they are having trouble logging onto the game. Everyone else can login fine.
28th October 2014 GMT 16:00
Forum is now being blitz by people asking where Beta 3 is?
28th October 2014 GMT 17:00
Someone notices that a Beta 3 client is available to download if you do something really obscure.
28th October 2014 GMT 17:10
Loads of people confirm that the Beta 3 client is available obscurely but doesnt work
28th October 2014 GMT 17:20
Loads more people confirm that the Beta 3 client is available obscurely but doesnt work
28th October 2014 GMT 17:30
Official Post on the forum confirms that upgrade is about to begin but it may take hours.
28th October 2014 GMT 17:31
Second person to post on the forum that they have wasted 50 pounds on this Beta and expect a quicker release of the update. They also enquire if the Beta 3 will include a full wipe. Someone else confirms that the Beta 3 client is available obscurely but doesnt work
28th October 2014 GMT 17:35
Someone reports that an in game message has told them that the servers are shutting down
28th October 2014 GMT 17:37
8 other people report the same message.
28th October 2014 GMT 17:55
Game servers go offline
28th October 2014 GMT 18:00
Forums go mad with speculation of how long the upgrade will take and how very excited they are.
28th October 2014 GMT 18:05
Forum moderators hit the diazepam hard as duplicates threads breed like rabbits.
28th October 2014 GMT 21:00
Impatience and Anger increases visibly on the forum. Two more people declare they have wasted 50 pounds on the game. Someone enquires if the Beta 3 will include a full wipe.
28th October 2014 GMT 22:00
The forum now only consists of three factions. The Angry. Those defending the game to the hilt. The still very excited people.
28th October 2014 GMT 23:55
Elite: Dangerous update Beta 3.0 released on schedule as promised
28th October 2014 GMT 23:56
The world attempts to log on
28th October 2014 GMT 23:57
Visible smoke is seen rising out of the servers.
28th October 2014 GMT 23:58
People start moaning on the forums they cant log onto Beta 3
29th October 2014 GMT 00:05
Commander Thrust from Bradford posts on the forum to say how brilliant Beta 3 looks. The rest of the forum goes crazy that they cant log on. Someone enquires if the Beta 3 will include a full wipe.
29th October 2014 GMT 01:00
Commander Thrust from Bradford is now criticising small issues on Beta 3 while the rest of the forum still goes crazy that they cant log on.
29th October 2014 GMT 02:00
Elite: Dangerous update Beta 3.01 contains several tweaks and fixes based on feedback from Beta 3.0
29th October 2014 GMT 02:05
Commander Thrust from Bradford reports that he sees no difference in 3.01 while the rest of the forum still goes crazy that they cant log on.
29th October 2014 GMT 02:15
Someone else reports that they are logged on and working OK in 3.01. They think Frontier are wonderful and enquires why there seems to have been a partial wipe? The rest of the forum still goes crazy that they cant log on.
29th October 2014 GMT 04:00
Things start to settle down. Many people are now logged on and using the game. Several posts taking about Newtonian physics. Heated debate begins.
29th October 2014 GMT 05:00
Commander Thrust from Bradford is now listing the things that should be improved in Beta 3. He is now asking about the Gamma release.
29th October 2014 GMT 05:01
Many people still having issues logging on. Many people now think they have wasted 50 Pounds. Commander Thrust from Bradford is now slightly unhappy that he feels the cockpit is a little too light in his ASP.
29th October 2014 GMT 16:01
Elite: Dangerous update Beta 3.02 contains several tweaks and fixes based on feedback from Beta 3.01
29th October 2014 GMT 16:02
Approximately 15 seconds after hitting the enter button to release 3.02, the Devs fall asleep on their keyboards after being in stress hell for the last 36 hours.
29th October 2014 GMT 16:30
Moderators turn to the Diazepam once again as bug reports and opinions flood the forum.
29th October 2014 GMT 17:00
Commanders located in Madagascar are still out raged as they cannot log on.
30th October 2014 GMT 14:00
Elite: Dangerous update Beta 3.03 contains several tweaks and fixes based on feedback from Beta 3.02
30th October 2014 GMT 14:00
Madagascar now happy. However users reporting that they are still having server issues if they work in ASDA, own a dog and wear a Superdry hoodie.
31st October 2014 GMT 10:00
SuperDry hoodie wearing dog owners (who work in ASDA) very unhappy that their issue has not yet been resolved.
31st October 2014 GMT 15:00
Elite: Dangerous update Beta 3.04 contains several tweaks and fixes based on feedback from Beta 3.03
1st November 2014 GMT 10:00
Someone enquires if there will be a new patch today. It is pointed out that it is in fact a weekend. Someone else asks why there seems to have been a partial wipe in Beta 3. Commander Thrust from Bradford is now bored of Beta 3 and feels he has wasted 50 pounds

60 gigs. It only takes 20 now. That's a lot of game.
1616780332301.png

Erk, first signs of Odyssey's emergent gameplay for me!

The alpha is separated from the production game, correct? As in, I assume that anything we do in the Odyssey alpha won't affect our main game/character?
My understanding is that in alpha, we'll be placed in a designated system with very limited access to things. I think we'll even be given a persona instead of using our own. Access to other star systems is in phase 2 or 3, if I remember right, so it seems like nothing in alpha will even touch the main server or your character.

Oh, new PC for me then.
I just upgraded my tower yesterday. Managed to get a hold on a RTX 2080 card (cost me a good penny), and at first after I installed it, terrible performance! Realized it needed some tweaking and configuring. Still learning how to optimize things like that. Now it seems great.

But... dang is it hard to find graphic cards... and expensive!

Помниться писали что системные требования не изменяться, а тут требования на уровень выше .
Remember they wrote that the system requirements do not change, and here the requirements are higher.

They also literally said this "Please note that as this is an Alpha phase, a large amount of optimization work for the final release is yet to be completed."

So these specs are for an unoptimized game. They will go down before launch.
Они также буквально сказали: «Обратите внимание, что, поскольку это альфа-фаза, большой объем работы по оптимизации для окончательной версии еще не завершен».

Итак, эти спецификации предназначены для неоптимизированной игры. Они опустятся перед запуском

Top Bottom