Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

I hope so, as I am able to run on Ultra on this machine

Intel i7 2600k OC to 4.5Ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 970 4GB

I have frame drops in Combat Zones, but not to an unplayable amount.

But it's going to be years before I can save up enough money to build a new PC considering the prices at the moment.

And being disabled in the UK makes it even harder. It's all really depressing. I attribute Elite to saving my life.

PC gaming is starting to be the realm of the 1% ... god what a terrible existence living is.
Sorry to hear that, but I think Frontier are hinting that the required specs will drop with optimisation.

I hope so, I've got a late 2013 iMac in BootCamp to use :)

Greetings Commanders,

With the Odyssey Alpha almost upon us we wanted to take the opportunity to share with you our minimum and recommended specifications for the Alpha phase of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

Please note that as this is an Alpha phase, a large amount of optimisation work for the final release is yet to be completed. As with all pre-released content, please be aware that you may encounter bugs and inconsistent performance as part of your experience. Community feedback is a vital part of the Alpha process and we would encourage everyone to share their experience to help shape Odyssey into the best experience for launch.

If you want to report an issue, or check if an issue has already been reported, please head over to the issue tracker:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/reported-issues/elite-dangerous-odyssey-alpha

These specifications are subject to change as we move toward release.

Recommended Specs (High Settings at 1080p)

• Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (above 4 GHz recommended)
  • 12GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500
  • 60GB available space

Minimum Specs (Low Settings at 720p)

• Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-4350
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • 60GB available space

Please note, the VR implementations are not currently optimised and not ready for testing at this time.

We're aiming for the Alpha to be available for download at 11AM BST/10AM UTC on Monday 29th March.

We can't wait to begin to share what we've been working on with you all!

See you in Odyssey, Commanders!

o7
Thank you so much for all your effort... I’m gonna have a nice week end until Monday... such a great day!! Again thank you very much

Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90GHz
8GB ram

I was going to up it to 16 but can't get a ram stick until mid April :(

If my specs are almost there as wanted at minimum, should I be careful with the risk that I might melt or otherwise destroy parts of my PC until alpha / game is more optimized, or are we encouraged to try the alpha (at some point) even with lower specs PC´s than recommended also so that FD could get most data for the optimization?

Your PC ought to know if something "dangerous" is happening to your hardware: it should throttle the game back and all your fans will spin up to max to cool it down. You may freeze up but I'd be surprised if actual damage was incurred,

In this game, my dream is to make the most of my computer configuration:
  • Tobii eye tracker 4c
  • CPU: Intel® Core i9-9900K
  • RAM: HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4 3466
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 3090 24GB
  • SSD : Samsung 860 PRO - 1TB
I specifically bought this computer configuration for this game.

Last edited:
My processor is pentium i5 7600. My only option of upgrade is to buy i7 7700, because my motherboard doesn't support 8th gen or higher CPUs. Is there any reasonable reason (ED perspective) to buy i7 processor?
My GPU is Nvidia GeForce 1060 GTX 6 GB. And I will double my ram till tuesday (from 8 do 16 GB).

In this game, my dream is to make the most of my computer configuration:
  • Tobii eye tracker 4c
  • CPU: Intel® Core i9-9900K
  • RAM: HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4 3466
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 3090 24GB
  • SSD : Samsung 860 PRO - 1TB
I specifically bought this computer configuration for this game.
Lawks a' lordy! It ought to fly!

How will Odyssey affect Horizons only players when it launches? Will we have to just donate extra 35GB space on SSD/HDD for nothing? Especially i am curious abut it, because it was said that Horizons players cant even be in the same instance with Odyssey players when the space legs content is possible, meaning - all of the social hubs, space leg people and their guns and gear and stuff, insides of bases etc, are not accessible to us.

Top Bottom