Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

4Ghz of recommended clock speed. I wonder what kind of physics Odyssey is bringing with that kind of requirement.

I'm doubtful physics is responsible for that recommendation.

Unoptimized build of a DX11 game...probably want to make sure the main render thread isn't holding things back.

I've got a Ryzen 5 3600, therefore my processor-generation is newer than the one recommended :unsure: I'm still wondering whether it's enough to run smoothely on 1080p...

Your CPU isn't going to be an issue.

I would suggest the opposite, that actually attempting to play Odyssey Alpha with a sup optimal pc is something players with such pcs should do, as this will inform Frontier of the level of optimisation they need to implement for the live game.

Otherwise i can see the live game launching and then many players complaining about its poor performance on their pcs.

I'll be doing some degree of testing on at least these three systems:

Intel Xeon X5670 @ 4.2GHz
24GiB DDR3-2000 CL10
AMD R9 Fury 4GiB

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4.2GHz
16GiB DDR4-2667 CL11
NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GiB @ 2.075GHz

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GiB DDR4-3733 CL18
AMD RX 6800 XT 16GiB @ 2.5GHz

I'll probably see if I can find something more potato just to get a feel for the true minimum spec...maybe borrow the oldest DX11-capable laptop I can find.

I was under the impression EDO would run on any PC capable of running ED. I currently run ED on this...
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
32 GB RAM
GTX 1060

MSFS also had a minimum requirement of an i5, but it runs on my i3-4170.

Should this be ok for EDO, or should I run out and upgrade?

I think this setup will probably be seriously CPU limited with that dual-core i3. I do think it will be playable, however.

I'm doubtful physics is responsible for that recommendation.

Unoptimized build of a DX11 game...probably want to make sure the main render thread isn't holding things back.

Your CPU isn't going to be an issue.

I'll be doing some degree of testing on at least these three systems:

Intel Xeon X5670 @ 4.2GHz
24GiB DDR3-2000 CL10
AMD R9 Fury 4GiB

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4.2GHz
16GiB DDR4-2667 CL11
NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GiB @ 2.075GHz

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GiB DDR4-3733 CL18
AMD RX 6800 XT 16GiB @ 2.5GHz

I'll probably see if I can find something more potato just to get a feel for the true minimum spec...maybe borrow the oldest DX11-capable laptop I can find.

I think this setup will probably be seriously CPU limited with that dual-core i3. I do think it will be playable, however.
I was shocked when it ran MSFS. Takes a while to load but it does the trick. I've seen that i5 minimum before, when I first used my oculus rift, but it worked fine but obviously using low end settings. I'll reply with how it runs in case others have similar machines.

Wow, 60 gigs? Thankfully managed to clear about 120 gigs of space by trashing old junk, but whoo boy, that's a big change from the uh, 21 gigs it currently takes...

It's obviously a little early to tell but I'm looking to upgrade my (dual core, integrated graphics) £100 laptop I've been playing since release (almost triple elite on it too! o7) .. thoughts, from people who know anything about such things, which I don't?

i7 10750H
16GB RAM
GTX 1660Ti 6GB

Seems to me that's not quite max settings, at least for the alpha?

I'm concerned I may struggle with the processing power now and the RAM. i5-9300H CPU@2.5ghz and 7.88GB useable Respectively. GeForce GTX 1650.

It's obviously a little early to tell but I'm looking to upgrade my (dual core, integrated graphics) £100 laptop I've been playing since release (almost triple elite on it too! o7) .. thoughts, from people who know anything about such things, which I don't?

i7 10750H
16GB RAM
GTX 1660Ti 6GB

Seems to me that's not quite max settings, at least for the alpha?
Yeah, maybe not ultra@4k or at this (early) stage of alpha even @1080p everywhere, but generally:
itwillcut.jpg

Top Bottom