Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

Will the game with Odyssey continue to support SLI? SLI works quite well on my Titan Black cards for the release game as it is now. They're getting a bit long in the tooth now though and would struggle to run the game well on one card. I know Nvidia has dropped SLI support on newer cards and games this year, with the last card to support it being the 3090, of all things. 😞

CPU: AMD FX 6100
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
RAM: DDR3 16Gb Kindston HyperX FURY 1866 Мгц
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DL002 Hard Drive
12-30 Frames at Soft Low Settings

CPU: AMD FX 6100
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
RAM: DDR3 16Gb Kindston HyperX FURY 1866 Мгц
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DL002 Hard Drive
12-30 Frames at Soft Low Settings
Can you see which part of your system is bottlenecking? Are there settings you can increase without any further performance loss?

Mine still says longer than the trip to Hutton.....
At least for Hutton you get a free Anaconda. But here...

Anyway, finally finished, and played a bit... performance a bit poor on my computer, but that was expected. Love the look. Really think Frontier got something good going on here. A lot of question marks in my mind how to use tools and whatnots. Had no issues with key-bindings. Took on a mission. Went for a Apex trip. Got to my destination. Got lost in the building. Got attacked and now stuck in a bedroom with doors closed and no button to open them... ROFLMAO!!!! Love it! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Forgot to say, they started shooting at me after I stole some stuff. And I guess they closed the door on me for some reason.

Thanks Alec and SystematicChaos - I had exactly the same problem. Main game installed on SSD on C: drive but want Alpha installed somewhere else.

To be SUPER explicit with how to set up the link ('cos sometimes you have to scratch your head a bit over the syntax 😘)

• Main game is installed on C:\Users\sinhedgie\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\ (note I'm using the FDev launcher, will be different for steam i suspect)
  • I want the alpha files to be installed on my D: drive

So I create a folder D:\EliteDangerousAlpha\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64

Then I opened an elevated CMD prompt (i.e. run as administrator)

Then I ran the following cmd.....

C:\WINDOWS\system32>mklink /J C:\Users\sinhedgie\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64 D:\EliteDangerousAlpha\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64

Again - sure others have figured this out if they needed to, just wanted to give an explicit example

Then ran the installation and the alpha installed on the d: drive.
I have the same issue with an extra on top: there is simply no PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64 folder anywhere in my appdata. I have Frontier Developments folders and one of them has this. I have tried installing Odyssey 2 times so far (3 hours down the drain so far), ran out of space both times. How do I mlink a folder which does not seem to exist...? :(

(I am seeing hidden / system files to that is not an issue).

1617047918941.png

1617047928122.png

1617047940601.png

This is not how I imagined this launch and my evening...

cannot install Odyssey...the game does not show up in my Steam library, and in store it says it IS in my library...this sucks. 😡

3rd time lucky getting 60GB free! In Odyssey we zoom in further on all the smaller things but the game itself is larger, hmmmm...

Cheers 🙂

It won't show up there. You'll see it in the Elite launcher.
And if you still don't see it there (like I and many others have encountered), you should make sure your Frontier account and Steam account are linked.

Once I did that, it showed up and I was able to get in! :)

To do this, on the launcher I clicked on 'Options' near the top and then 'Log Out Machine'. After that it automatically kicked me to the linking screen so I could link to my Steam account, and then Odyssey showed up on my launcher.

And if you still don't see it there (like I and many others have encountered), you should make sure your Frontier account and Steam account are linked.

Once I did that, it showed up and I was able to get in! :)

To do this, on the launcher I clicked on 'Options' near the top and then 'Log Out Machine'. After that it automatically kicked me to the linking screen so I could link to my Steam account, and then Odyssey showed up on my launcher.
same here waited and waited and then somewhere down the line I realized my account is not linked to steam, went through process, Alpha popped in launcher instantly

I was shocked when it ran MSFS. Takes a while to load but it does the trick. I've seen that i5 minimum before, when I first used my oculus rift, but it worked fine but obviously using low end settings. I'll reply with how it runs in case others have similar machines.
Seems to be running fine on my i3-4160, thats with 32 Gig Ram and my GTX 1060. Im sure the 1060 is the workhorse here, but so glad it's running. Looking forward to more.

Top Bottom