Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Well I assumed that as Elite holds the info somewhere as it's displayed on the left panel when you have a route plotted I just thought it may be available via some method.

I find that running EDDI while playing Elite Dangerous is particularly helpful because it provides so much useful information along the journey. Thank you so much for your wonderful work in continuing the development of EDDI.

Since the release of Odyssey will likely see more updates in coming months, perhaps now is an appropriate time to submit suggestions for consideration.

Upon each new version release, I disable numerous events because they are overly verbose and unnecessary. See the list below.
Perhaps many of these can be omitted in future releases?
Perhaps trimming down the list of events will help the script to run more efficiently?
Comments invited.

DISABLED – Duplicate of a COVAS Announcement.
Cargo scoop (code empty).
Heat damage
Heat warning
Landing gear (code empty)
Limpet launched
Shield down (code empty)
Under attack (code empty)

DISABLED – Verbose and Unnecessary.
Module purchased
Module stored
Module swapped
Module transfer
Modules stored
Power commodity fast tracked
Power commodity obtained
SRV docked
SRV launched
Undocked

DISABLED – Code Empty, the event is Unnecessary.
Asteroid cracked
Datalink message
Docking requested
Flight assist
Hardpoints
Killed
Liftoff
Lights
Material traded
Modification crafted
Ship interdicted
Ship interdiction
Ship repurchased

DISABLED – Code Empty. Perhaps these events are for future development ?
Commander loading
Commander progress
Commander ratings
File header
Jet cone damage
Low fuel
Material inventory
Music
Near surface
Passengers
Power voucher received
Screenshot
Shields up
Ship FSD
Ship loadout
Ship rebooted
Ship shutdown
Shutdown
Silent running
SRV turret
Station no fire zone entered
Station no fire zone exited
Statistics
System faction changed
Technology broker
VA initialized

I find that running EDDI while playing Elite Dangerous is particularly helpful because it provides so much useful information along the journey. Thank you so much for your wonderful work in continuing the development of EDDI.

Since the release of Odyssey will likely see more updates in coming months, perhaps now is an appropriate time to submit suggestions for consideration.

Upon each new version release, I disable numerous events because they are overly verbose and unnecessary. See the list below.
Perhaps trimming down the list of events will help the script to run more efficiently?
Comments invited.

Heat damage
Heat warning
Limpet launched
Shield down (code empty)

Module purchased
Module stored
Module swapped
Module transfer
Modules stored
Power commodity obtained
SRV docked
SRV launched
Undocked

Asteroid cracked
Datalink message
.... long list .....

Commander loading
Commander progress
..... very long list...
It is sure that there are several empty scripts and that others are duplicates of the COVAS.
Personally, I cut the sound of this COVAS to use only EDDI and could have differents voices in game.

For the empty scripts, I advise you to use Darkside's profile (there is a link in his signature), he doesn't fill all of them, but his work is excellent with various easily configurable parts

Comments invited.

Heat damage
Heat warning
Limpet launched
Shield down (code empty)

Module purchased
Module stored
Module swapped
Module transfer
Modules stored
Power commodity obtained
SRV docked
SRV launched
Undocked

Asteroid cracked
Datalink message
Docking requested
Flight assist
Hardpoints
Killed
Liftoff
Lights
Material traded
Modification crafted
Ship interdicted
Ship interdiction
Ship repurchased

Commander loading
Commander progress
Commander ratings
File header
Jet cone damage
Low fuel
Material inventory
Music
Near surface
Passengers
Power voucher received
Screenshot
Shields up
Ship FSD
Ship loadout
Ship rebooted
Ship shutdown
Shutdown
Silent running
SRV turret
Station no fire zone entered
Station no fire zone exited
Statistics
System faction changed
Technology broker
VA initialized
Thanks for the feedback.
  • Each event is a opportunity for interaction and customization. You don't have to use them all.
  • Not all events need to have speech to provide value. Some were specifically requested for triggering actions in VoiceAttack (using EDDI as a plugin).
  • Events that overlap COVAS events offer an opportunity to replace COVAS messages with more customized messages (did you know that you can turn off many of the default COVAS messages in Elite's sound options to prevent those collisions?).
  • The default script is purposefully verbose to demo the scripting language and provide a basic structure that users can edit (recognizing that it is often easier to trim unwanted speech than to add new speech).
  • Commanders are encouraged to customize their personal personalities to their liking.

• The default script is purposefully verbose to demo the scripting language and provide a basic structure that users can edit (recognizing that it is often easier to trim unwanted speech than to add new speech).
And discouraging any attempt to keep a derived localization alive :D :p

[snip]
As others have said, many of the events have been requested in the past by those who do wish to have that functionality. For my own EDDI personality, several of the ones you mention I've used for either adding speech, or even setting up variables for other scripts.

I've never disabled any of the scripts, so I'm not sure how it works when you upgrade to a newer version of EDDI. However, if you're having to disable those you don't want each time, then maybe it would be possible to have some options during install? Say, to preserve disabled scripts, or to reenable all. Any new events/scripts could be enabled by default, so all you'd need to do would be to disable those if you didn't want them.

@T'kael and @VerticalBlank, how easy/hard would such an option be to add during install, or maybe a popup on first run after an upgrade?

The upgrade just uses whatever settings you've got set so if a particular item is disabled before the update it'll be disabled after it.
Hmm, OK, but then why did the OP say they have to disable many each time they upgrade? 🤔
Upon each new version release, I disable numerous events because they are overly verbose and unnecessary.
By this, I had assumed that they were all being re-enabled each time they upgraded. 🤷‍♂️ If they're not, then please ignore my suggestion above. :confused:

Just create your own custom personalities with the changes you want, and it will remain across updates. I for example have one for exploration and another for combat, the latter being heavily cut down to avoid distractions.

Indeed, busy working on how to get the target subsystem working in VA.
Oohh, saying that, I have just finished a target subsystem function that uses VA and EDDI. I've not made it work by voice (asking to target a particular system), but to automatically target a subsystem that you set as a variable in the EDDI script. When you target a wanted ship, it will auto scan through the subsystems until it reaches the one you've set.

I had considered making it work by voice, but in my setup in my house, voice isn't usually an option (too noisy, and I don't like barking orders when others can hear me).

Top Bottom