Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

LOL. This was one of the "unannounced" items:

un.jpg

I don't know if they previously had server meshing items on the roadmap. In any case, that work goes to December.

The roadmap is back down for maintenance at the moment.

Selling
This feature deals with the ability to sell items back to the shops. Players will have the ability to sell items from their local inventory to the shop using our Building Blocks Tech. This will also support a generalized loot system that will fill lockers and enemy’s backpacks with a random assortment of items that can be looted and then taken back to shops to sell for money

How can that be persistent?????

because that side of things is boring for her and it annoys her when i spend time building instead of going out killing things

lol modern parenting tch! If she mugs me when Im old and grey Ill know who to blame :)

from the RoadMap RoadMap:

As a final note, you’re probably wondering when we’ll be updating the roadmap to show additional quarters in the Release View.

Yes I have been wondering when they would extend the timeline again, at least now I know

Last edited:
How considerate of them to identify points of interest within the roadmap out of concern for backers' time, but what are the priorities among the teams themselves exactly? Seems to be missing the point of a roadmap, unless that is what the internal roadmap is for.

How can that be persistent?????

Not sure what you are asking here, but had a giggle at:

using our Building Blocks Tech

Does CIG have to try and make everything sound like some sort of massive achievement using some tech they created themselves?

I mean, enemies having loot and being able to sell that loot to shopkeepers has been a staple of games for decades, and not once did any of those developers say "using out BUILDING BLOCK TECHHHHH!!!!!"

How considerate of them to identify points of interest within the roadmap out of concern for backers' time, but what are the priorities among the teams themselves exactly? Seems to be missing the point of a roadmap, unless that is what the internal roadmap is for.

The point of CIG's roadmap is to generate hype and therefore revenue. Its not there to provide things like.... oh, i don't know, some sort of release date.

Apparently backers are getting excited about clouds now.

Holy crap, those are amazing. One thing I was worried about was that their shapes would be mostly earth-like and this firmly dispels that notion.

Well done, Mr Parry.

Umm... Mr. Parry? Mr. Ben Parry? Who said he was leaving CIG some months ago?

Latest SQ42 update is out

The bed bunks behavior progressed, with the team working towards a better abstraction of bed shutter usage and investigating how to support bed sheets when characters are sleeping

Anyone wanting to know why a game that was apparently almost ready for release in 2014, repeatedly told to backers it would release in 2015, is still in development 6 years after, well, this is one of the reasons right here.

But just read the whole thing. SQ42 is clearly still a long way off from release.

How anyone can believe that CR wasn't lying through their teeth in 2014 needs their head checking.

It would be illegal for them to sell something they don't own. 😂
I think they legally can now if they want.
Since the end of the Crytek suit, they own the initial version of Cryengine they used. They could revert to it from Lumberyard as, for what I know, they don't use what has been developped by Amazon.

Last edited:
CIG will not stop to make solo games after the SQ42 release. They make tools to develop games, prepare to hear about them for a long time if SQ42 is a success.
If you haven't notice, CR has great ambitions for his company. He wants to be equal to Rockstar.

A clever crook will not invest in a 3 000 m² renting and hire new employees that will only reduce his income as a swindler when the scam goes perfectly...
You barely skimmed over my post in your desire to dismantle my point. Were this an exam, you'd have flunked it, with flying colour and a running start, no less. a) I wasn't saying CRobberts is a crook (way in over his head, I stated, and I stand by that, given the incessant scope creep and his inability to commit himself). b) I refer you, AGAIN, to Juergen Schneider. HE spent money. Lots of it. OBVIOUSLY. As any successful swindler will tell you: the most important thing is to string the punters along. You don't do that by grabbing at pennies and making a run for it.

I think the legally can now if they want.
Since the end of the Crytek suit, they own the initial version of Cryengine they used. They could revert to it from Lumberyard as, for what I know, they don't use what has been developped by Amazon.
That's not quite how it works...they were merely forced into purchasing a licence to use and develop the software they had already been using for several years, they didn't buy the company that still owns and licenses it :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom