Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Ok thanks, guess I was probably looking for fuel in the wrong system. Just very nice to automatically jump into a scoopable star directly when its time to scoop!

Well would it be easier to make it the default that it skips the neutron or adds a short hop before a neutron to refuel? Slightly less efficient in theory maybe but I think it practice it would be faster as no looking for other star or wondering if this is when you are supposed to fuel or not. Since I use the EDMC plugin to populate the system names I don't have the list of systems and when to fuel in front of me, so I watch the gauge and do it manually. If I know that when its time to fuel I will be around a scoopable main star after a jump would be great! Either way, again, fantastic resource and thank you.

Well would it be easier to make it the default that it skips the neutron or adds a short hop before a neutron to refuel? Slightly less efficient in theory maybe but I think it practice it would be faster as no looking for other star or wondering if this is when you are supposed to fuel or not. Since I use the EDMC plugin to populate the system names I don't have the list of systems and when to fuel in front of me, so I watch the gauge and do it manually. If I know that when its time to fuel I will be around a scoopable main star after a jump would be great! Either way, again, fantastic resource and thank you.
It's really not that simple, the way the index isn't set up I can tell if the neutron is secondary easily enough, but I only track if a system is scoopable or not (as opposed to whether it's secondary or primary) so I wouldn't be able to tell. Also the algorithm heavily depends on knowing how much fuel you have at any one time in order to calculate your jump range. It's all doable but it would require quite a lot of changes under the hood (it ight also increase the size of structure I use to search from 3GB)

It's really not that simple, the way the index isn't set up I can tell if the neutron is secondary easily enough, but I only track if a system is scoopable or not (as opposed to whether it's secondary or primary) so I wouldn't be able to tell. Also the algorithm heavily depends on knowing how much fuel you have at any one time in order to calculate your jump range. It's all doable but it would require quite a lot of changes under the hood (it ight also increase the size of structure I use to search from 3GB)
Ok sorry thanks, all good. Amazing the way it is really!

For these things you should always give me a link to your route, without knowing your ship build I can't run the same test and see what's happening, the direct link to the route will allow me to do that. That said, I tested with one of my own ships and came up with a 400 jump route. If you shift 200LY left or right (for instance with this route https://spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/C780D3FE-89E1-11EB-AB4C-5CB394EB4526) then it drops to 99. This is all related to the neutron void along the 0 axis of the galaxy. If you push yourself outside that it resolves itself. I'll see what I can do to try and resolve that, though last time I did it managed to pretty badly negatively affect some other routes.

I've made some tweaks to gently nudge the router off the 0 axis and hopefully that will solve the problem without negatively impacting other routes, let me know if you spot any issues.
Thank you, and I apologise for not providing the link. It didn't occur to me at the time that it would be useful for you. If I experience any other issues in future then I will be sure to provide you with one. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to investigate and respond to my comment.

So I haven't read through all of the posts here so if this has been answered or covered sorry!

So I just setup a Road to Riches route and started to go through it and tick off systems. I didn't get to the end of the list so stopped and turned the pc off. Now when I started up today and looked on the route none of the tick boxes were ticked?? Is there a way to save your progress or something?

Thanks

So I haven't read through all of the posts here so if this has been answered or covered sorry!

So I just setup a Road to Riches route and started to go through it and tick off systems. I didn't get to the end of the list so stopped and turned the pc off. Now when I started up today and looked on the route none of the tick boxes were ticked?? Is there a way to save your progress or something?

Thanks
If you're logged in then it'll save bodies you have scanned. However, if you visited the same route (reloading the page effectively) it only saves the route parameters, so it will generate a new route, avoiding any of the bodies you have marked as scanned.

Just dropped in to say thankyou so much Spansh !
Sharing your time and effort, through offering us the use of your extremely helpful and beneficial tolls, is .... absolutely marvellous ! (y) 😊

Some feedback on the new Fleet Carrier Plotter.

I'd like to be able to edit the waypoints in the list without having to delete and re-add them in sequence.
It would be really cool if we could import a list of waypoints from EDSM via the "ImportStars.txt" file that we can export from EDSM.
Screenshot 2021-04-22 083744.png

This would be especially good for Carrier Owners plotting major waypoints for expeditions.

Further Feedback:

I added my waypoints for a planned expedition to Beagle Point via Colonia and there's currently no way for me to add fuel to the calculations on the Colonia Waypoint.
Since I'm planning to top off my tritium at Colonia before heading to Beagle Point, I'll still need to plot 2 separate routes. Bubble > Colonia and Colonia > Beagle Point.

Would be cool if we could manually add fuel to a chosen waypoint if we're planning to refuel at that location.

Further Feedback:

I added my waypoints for a planned expedition to Beagle Point via Colonia and there's currently no way for me to add fuel to the calculations on the Colonia Waypoint.
Since I'm planning to top off my tritium at Colonia before heading to Beagle Point, I'll still need to plot 2 separate routes. Bubble > Colonia and Colonia > Beagle Point.

Would be cool if we could manually add fuel to a chosen waypoint if we're planning to refuel at that location.
There should be a new button next to each of the waypoints to allow you to set it to refuel or not. This only works with calculated fuel costs, it's ignored otherwise currently.

Some feedback on the new Fleet Carrier Plotter.

I'd like to be able to edit the waypoints in the list without having to delete and re-add them in sequence.
It would be really cool if we could import a list of waypoints from EDSM via the "ImportStars.txt" file that we can export from EDSM.
View attachment 222325
This would be especially good for Carrier Owners plotting major waypoints for expeditions.
I'll see about this later on.

There should be a new button next to each of the waypoints to allow you to set it to refuel or not. This only works with calculated fuel costs, it's ignored otherwise currently.
Oh cool, did you just add this or did I miss it earlier? You did say on Patreon that you were still tinkering with it.

So I tried it again with all my waypoints for my entire trip, and I clicked the button for a refuel at Colonia and Sag A, but there doesn't seem to be any field for me to enter how much fuel I'm adding to my cargo hold. The jump list still looks just the same with no fuel added at Colonia or Sag A*
Here's the link to my route: Bubble > Colonia > Beagle Point > Sag A > Bubble

My plan is to top off my tritium at Colonia before heading to Beagle Point, then top off again at Sag A* (or refuel at least as much as I need to get back to the Bubble)
I was hoping the refuel button on the plotter would let me manually add the amount of tritium that I'm refueling at Colonia and Sag A* so the plotter would add that amount of fuel to the overall running calculations from those waypoints onward. Unless I'm missing something, the refuel button currently just seems to function as a reminder to refuel.

Last edited:
So I tried it again with all my waypoints for my entire trip, and I clicked the button for a refuel at Colonia and Sag A, but there doesn't seem to be any field for me to enter how much fuel I'm adding to my cargo hold. The jump list still looks just the same with no fuel added at Colonia or Sag A*
Here's the link to my route: Bubble > Colonia > Beagle Point > Sag A > Bubble

My plan is to top off my tritium at Colonia before heading to Beagle Point, then top off again at Sag A* (or refuel at least as much as I need to get back to the Bubble)
I was hoping the refuel button on the plotter would let me manually add the amount of tritium that I'm refueling at Colonia and Sag A* so the plotter would add that amount of fuel to the overall running calculations from those waypoints onward. Unless I'm missing something, the refuel button currently just seems to function as a reminder to refuel.
That's what it does currently, adding amounts to refuel would start to make the user interface much more complicated for most peoples use case. In this case would it ot make sense simply to create separate routes?

Last edited:
That's what it does currently, adding amounts to refuel would start to make the user interface much more complicated for most peoples use case. In this case would it ot make sense simply to create separate routes?
I see where you're coming from. For most people, it's probably good as is. Making 2 separate route plots is exactly what I've done to get around the current limitations.
I do still think importing waypoint lists from EDSM is a worthwhile endeavor though. Thanks for taking my feedback and providing thoughtful replies. o7

Top Bottom