Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Elite dangerous is full of challenges. Now in Odyssey the challenge becomes personal.
EDody-edge-kammato-23-102.jpg

The challange to survive .... YT-Kammato Base jump

My team even won, despite me spending most of my time looking for ammo and avoiding bullets.
That's a valid strategy, though.
If they shoot at you, they don't shoot at your allies and can be slaughtered much more easily by them. :LOL:

An old wisdom from WoWs - if you focus one enemy, it is only efficient if you can kill them quickly and move to another one. So drawing aggro (be it from NPCs or opposing players) and NOT dying, even if you don't do damage yourself, you do help your team!

Also, really cool screenshots! I can't wait to play Odyssey. I decided not to play the Alpha and instead, once it's released, clear my save and experience everything fresh. Really looking forward to this.

That's a valid strategy, though.
If they shoot at you, they don't shoot at your allies and can be slaughtered much more easily by them. :LOL:

An old wisdom from WoWs - if you focus one enemy, it is only efficient if you can kill them quickly and move to another one. So drawing aggro (be it from NPCs or opposing players) and NOT dying, even if you don't do damage yourself, you do help your team!

Also, really cool screenshots! I can't wait to play Odyssey. I decided not to play the Alpha and instead, once it's released, clear my save and experience everything fresh. Really looking forward to this.
Tanking while the priest heals you and the ranger inflicts DPS. Oh wait... wrong game, wrong genre!

3 weeks isn't much to fix the issues Odyssey still has - i would rather see them to postpone it a bit further and get it right first - but I guess, it will be a buggy launch instead. So I won't buy it right away but wait for some time until at least the weirdest of the bugs are fixed - that texture problem on the ground is just unacceptable - even in an alpha.

Went to threat level two crash site hoping for some salvage. As I was walking around, another ship (NPC) dropped in. The NPC's on board were hostile to me - there was about five of them - and, as I poked my head up from behind a rock to tale a peak, they opened fire. Scum!

Needless to say, I was unarmed having not properly thought about suit loadout or, indeed, which suit. I think I may try some Odyssey combat soon: been putting it off so I think I need to hone some skills.

Went to threat level two crash site hoping for some salvage. As I was walking around, another ship (NPC) dropped in. The NPC's on board were hostile to me - there was about five of them - and, as I poked my head up from behind a rock to tale a peak, they opened fire. Scum!

Needless to say, I was unarmed having not properly thought about suit loadout or, indeed, which suit. I think I may try some Odyssey combat soon: been putting it off so I think I need to hone some skills.
keep in mind that consistently hitting them, keeps them staggered and their aim will be mostly off - this is one of the best tactics to keep in mind, beside switching on your shield. I saw quite a bunch of people dying due to forgetting about it.

Cheers (y)

I'm just going to get my Hodack permit in Horizons then off to do shooty things in Odyssey. Quite why Hodack needs a permit, I've yet to find out.

Last edited:
And don't take a Cobra - i had so much trouble sometimes to get back into that ship with my SRV, because it's rear part is so near to the ground and if terrain isn't flat behind the rear, you might not be able to dock the SRV in that location. And on foot, don't dismiss your ship - when called back it might land half a mile away and you might just not have enough energy left to get there.

Top Bottom