CG predictions...

Paresa cz cg: support the Feds or the empire

Support the Federation, Jamesons wreck gets removed from the game and replaced with a tourist beacon only.

Support the empire, and mats are tripled at the wreck.

Prob the only way empire will win. Actually, who am i kidding, most players would probably uninstall the game if the Feds told them to.

So yeah, unless FD does something drastic, this will be yet-another-whitewash for the Feds.

So, I did the math (thanks OpenOffice Calc ;) ), and in total Hudson just handed out 7,167,496,808,000 credits... yes, you read that right, over 7 trillion credits.

For comparission: In 2020 the USA had (according to the wiki) a total revenue of ~6 trillion $...

So yeah... I think this CG might have cut a rather deep hole into the Federal budget :oops:

I'm more concerned about the mixed message the poor misguided souls who spent many hours relogging at Jameson's have sent to FDev. I can't even begin to comprehend the mind-numbingly repetitive effort required to get into the Top 10%, never mind the Top 10. Gameplay?

So, I did the math (thanks OpenOffice Calc ;) ), and in total Hudson just handed out 7,167,496,808,000 credits... yes, you read that right, over 7 trillion credits.

For comparission: In 2020 the USA had (according to the wiki) a total revenue of ~6 trillion $...

So yeah... I think this CG might have cut a rather deep hole into the Federal budget :oops:
That comparison is completely useless. Have you compared how many citizens the Federation has vs the US?

Also, the US doesn't have deep core mining. :LOL:

I'm more concerned about the mixed message the poor misguided souls who spent many hours relogging at Jameson's have sent to FDev. I can't even begin to comprehend the mind-numbingly repetitive effort required to get into the Top 10%, never mind the Top 10. Gameplay?
yeah, filling a carrier for a 30k roundtrip with H³ isnt mind-numbing,
shooting 1bln bounties out of NPCs isnt repetitive effort
hauling millions of Berylium down to the WHN isnt...
...add to this list whatever gameplayloop you want, maybe one of the Odyssee relogfests for suits and guns ?! ;)

Fdev seriously needed this mixed messages from misguided souls to get aware of the way their game is designed and works :D

That comparison is completely useless. Have you compared how many citizens the Federation has vs the US?

Also, the US doesn't have deep core mining. :LOL:
Maybe, but given the also insane military spendings by Hudson I think it's fair to assume that he's already running a deficit fiscal budget, those 7 trillion credits extra are certainly not helping to balance the books. ;)

Welp.
For some people 1b in bounty is repetitive effort, for other this is effect of funny blasting npc's.
We can change ALL stuff in this game in "boring, mind-numbing effort" if we just farm it.
For all people in current CG I can say "enjoy your relogs, I will rather do it, what I like"

Last edited:
After people spent however long relogging for the privilege of flying however long in supercruise on the passenger trips gold-rush, I think Frontier is pretty well aware that even the claim that something monotonous earns top money will attract thousands.

Doesn't even have to be a true claim, given that the earning rates some people were claiming for long-range passengers were below what you could get elsewhere at the time...

Welp.
For some people 1b in bounty is repetitive effort, for other this is effect of funny blasting npc's.
We can change ALL stuff in this game in "boring, mind-numbing effort" if we just farm it.
exactly.
that's why I dont think that the different tasks should be valued against each other,
especially as with this also Cmdrs are valued chosen their own way / the wrong one ;)

So yeah, unless FD does something drastic, this will be yet-another-whitewash for the Feds.

imo its not that the Feds inspire people, its that the Imps annoy them. And we all know what that drastic action would have to be long-term to balance it out.

This Fed v Fed only attracted some of the people / alts who normally do CGs if every single one only fought for one side at that.

Someone posted there were 500K monthly players, so this and las last weeks CG shows that less than 4% will relog / grind even for substantial rewards. About time they did something for the 96% who seem to prefer the gameplay way of doing things.....in a game with multiple options. Its a simple and obvious conclusion but will they do something simple like just increase the Mats payout across the board for all activities to reduce grind re-logging for the vast majority?

across the board for all activities to reduce grind re-logging for the vast majority?
I heard, that they just want to cut off farm by relogs, so maybe reset instance after certain time, not relog, who know. I don't watched their streams so I don't know.
Truth is simple. Some people will complain on grind as long, as any progression will exist. But I have sad news. Elite never was game like "buy it for full price, and get access to all possible ships modules and content in momen of buying".

CGs in their current form certainly lend themselves to repetition and it will be a shame if FDev chose not to develop some more interesting and involved gameplay mechanisms for CGs with Odyssey, especially as they're clearly making much more effort now developing the narrative and some interesting plotlines. The lure of the shiny module or the big payout (real or fabled) does seem irresistible for some though, even when it ends up moving the story in a predictable and potentially less interesting way.

This CG did seem particularly odd though, inevitably relying heavily on a mechanic which FDev claim not to like. Sitting in the same spot in your SRV, logging back to menu and then back in to scan the same 4 beacons again and again before trading the data down just to make a few billion credits that you probably don't need and get a double-engineered module that you probably won't use. I appreciate that those that went all in would want to justify it to themselves, but I'm sure there are more than a few CMDRs who are a bit burned out now.

Just spotted this. Yes - 7,169,140,280,000 is what I get - but that's practically the same when you get that high.

This CG did seem particularly odd though, inevitably relying heavily on a mechanic which FDev profess not to like. Sitting in the same spot in your SRV, logging back to menu and then back in to scan the same 4 beacons again and again before trading the data down just to make a few billion credits that you probably don't need and get a double-engineered module that you probably won't use. I appreciate that those that went all in would want to justify it to themselves, but I'm sure there are more than a few CMDRs who are a bit burned out now.
The CG didn't rely on that - CMDRs did.

Top Bottom