Odyssey Launch Trailer

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

Tomorrow, Elite Dangerous will change forever. Odyssey marks the next step in our vision for the game, and a new era in space simulation.

In honour of this, we’re delighted to present to you our Odyssey launch trailer:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAb3nH5Eilo

“This is the next step in what has already been an incredible journey and labour of love with Elite Dangerous since the Kickstarter over eight years ago. The team have pulled off a fantastic achievement here across a mind-bending scale – from the detail within a human footprint to the vast distances across stellar systems and beyond is breathtaking, in a rich, detailed and accurate recreation of the Milky Way in 1:1 scale. For me it is not just the detailed exploration and combat, but the gothic beauty of watching stars, planets, moons, moons-of-moons rise and fall or slowly pirouette in their often complex paths in the night sky, while each tiny dot or nebula in that sky is really there and can be visited.”

- David Braben, CEO and founder of Frontier

As a reminder, all Elite Dangerous servers will be down for maintenance and preparation of the update from 07:00 UTC / 08:00 BST tomorrow for approximately 11 hours. This means an estimated launch window of 18:00 UTC / 19:00 BST.

We’ll see you on the other side!

O7

Last edited:
Definetly looking forward to the launch! Sure, there'll be some bugs and all that, but that barely detracts from what is perhaps the very best space game on the market since 2014. :)

1day.png

Very nice trailer. Then again, ALL trailers for Elite are exceptional. I'm still holding out for the actual gameplay streams before I pull the trigger buy button.

There is one aspect of this trailer that makes it truly great for me: not a single Anaconda features in the video.

I was hoping we would see Buur's video, though.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the Horizon pill—the story ends, you wake up in your ship and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the Odyssey pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Top Bottom