Guide / Tutorial Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Due to its size I´m getting all sorts of rare,technical problems with it. Countless re edits to get is somewhat right. I apologize for leaking spoiler tags etc.

Announcement: Monday the 17th of August
GREAT NEWS TO REPORT. EDCodex has finally been officially released to the community.
Thread: EDCodex. The complete list of third-party tools for Elite Dangerous - Community driven website

I'm contemplating about having this thread closed. Depends on several things. One being if the official EDCodex thread can be made a sticky.

Announcement: Wednesday the 6th of August
EDCodex has entered the pre-release phase on the 6th of August.
Meaning its almost done and Tool authors (85 tools) have been invited to enhance/edit their entries before the official release. The authors for the sections Thread, Community and Videos will get an invite shortly. For more information click here.

Announcement: Monday the 13th of July.
The official name for the upcoming website version of this thread is EDCodex.
The codename was ED3PTT. See this poll thread for detailed information.

Caveat emperor: The legality and usage of tools that use the API is prohibited by FD. When asked about it, in this post by Michael Brookes the answer is still not allowed.

For more information about and an overview of OCR error Free (OEF) aka mobile api based tools see this FD thread.
Relevant thread: Any news on the official ED API ?

Annoucement: Friday the 24th of April.
See here for more information. Current status ED3PTT:
Tools: 66
Threads: 47
Videos: 2

Annoucement: Friday the 10th of April.
The future of the third party tools list is secured thanks to commander biobob.

I´ve posted this earlier as a post in the thread but because of much new posts lately it got snowed. It should have been mentioned here in the first place. The original post is from the 27th of March 2015.

For those who have been following this thread you have noticed a few things.

• The OP has problems as the contents its getting to big, resulting in leaking spoiler tags etc.
  • The OP has not been updated in a while and I´ve not added posted entries by commanders (thanks) to the OP in a while.
  • I´ve asked a few times for help to get a website version of the tools list.

Well I´ve brilliant news to report. I´ve been contacted by commander Biobob who is currently creating an advanced database driven website version of the OP. What can you expect of the new tools list? See here and here to give you a rough idea for what we have in mind.Biobob came up with things I was dreaming about but were afraid to ask ;-)

When will it be ready? Now its is the 10th of April.We have a date in mind but I can´t reveal that yet. The base is currently implemented and entries can be added/edited. More fields will be introduced - which needs to be filled. Biobob has a lot of work ahead for all the advanced features..... Before releasing the tool I at least want to have all entries from the OP and entries reported by commanders here (thanks a lot) in it. As well as all the tools/threads from the "crowd sourcing 3D coordinates" and "EDDN" threads. There are still hidden quite a lot of brilliant tools/gems in there.

After its finished adding entries will be a snap for me, authors of tools and other commanders. The goal is to have a website (optimized for SEO, tablets as well as smartphones are taking into account wrt UI) which ALL commanders can use to add and edit entries. Logging in will be required for that - to prevent SPAM and pranksters. Its a community effort. At release we try to have as much entries as possible. Currently(20150410) 49 tools and 41 threads. Keeping those all updated is NOT possible for biobob and myself. Hence the success or failure of the tool depends on the community.

My codename for the project is: ED3PTT (Elite Dangerous 3rd Party Tools Tool. Biobob has come up with a better and more catchy name. We have NOT yet decided on the final name. If you have an idea for a good name which sums up the functionality quite nicely as well as sounding great PLEASE DO report it here. It will be taken into consideration. Should we decide on a name provided by a commander I´m sure we will credit you for it!!!

A consequence of the current situation: I won´t be updating the OP till the website is ready and released.
Please DO continue to report new entries. They WILL find their way to the new website - before release.

W
ell at least that is the ambition

There is an IMMENSE amount of information floating around in the threads. Third party tools, spreadsheets for things like trading and others containing all sort of useful data. Also there a few very good manuals out there. In the crowd source thread I've created a small list, tools created for the crowd sourcing project and tools which use the 3D coordinates. This has been used as a base from which I built this OP.

Announcements: Thurday the 30th of January

• A very interesting thread by Maddavo: "Price sharing - price sanity check algorithms". I think this is a VERY useful thread. Might I suggest hopping over there and give your opinion about the matter. I'm sure that we as a community can come with some clever ideas. In the all tools could be benefit from it. Not only EDDN - which distributes quite a large percentage of the commodities prices market.

Anouncements history
Tuesday the 20th of January
  • Elite Shipyard is a very very usefull tool for outfitting your ship. You know the consequences of your new setup before you buy it. Things like insurance, jump range etc. He needs your help to get all data. Thread: Pilots, I Need Your Data! (for Elite Shipyard)
  • Commander Xntryk has created elite cargo planner. He expressed he could use some help with OCR-ing to get more data .

Thursday the 15th of January
The External API requirements thread by Michael Brookes. He is asking what 3rd party tool makers need wrt the upcoming web-api.
Go go go over there and let FD know what we need!!! You can find the thread here.

Announcements: Sunday the 11th of January

Announcements: 18th of December.

Rules of engagement
  1. Each and every tool,program, information mentioned by a commander will be added to the OP. That is unless its against the Forum rules.
  2. All entries are alphabetically ordered. Purpose: Trying to be objective, unbiased.
  3. When no author can be found the entry will end up at the bottom of the section - in order they were added to that section.
  4. Description will be objective and relative short. Purpose is to give commanders an incentive to visit the authors thread/webpage.
  5. I try hard not to give my personal opinion about a tool.
  6. I don't tell you what tools I prefer. I DO have a few preferences. PM me if you want to know them.

Everyone is allowed to use the info of this OP in unaltered or altered form on for example a wiki. A link to this OP would be very much appreciated.

Updates

Latest update:

Wednesday the the 11th of February

• Added to section "Manuals, wiki's and other useful information": WWLAMA ALERTS (SMS)

Updates history. Period 20141216-now
Wednesday the the 4th of February

• Added to section Miscellanous: Maddavo's Market Share (MMS). Ideal for Trade Dangerous users.

Monday the 2nd of February

Sunday the 1st of February

Wednesday the 21
th of January

Tuesday the 20th of January

Friday the 16th of January

• [Reported by Hastarin ]. HAST Elite Assistant. Added to section "Route planners"
  • [Reported by Finwen]. EDDiscovery. Added to the sections "Route planners" and "Captains Log"
  • [Reported by Taleden]. Elite Shipyard. Changed url and comments on request.

Sunday the 11th of January

• [Reported by PhilHibbs]. Elite Shipyard. Added to section "Miscellaneous"

Monday the 5th of January

• Added a separate EDDN section.
  • [Reported by NoTones]. Cmdr's Log by ArchV1. Added to section "Route planners"

Sunday the 4th of January
During editing (to split up a large spoiler tag in two so the forum software doesn't bork) I lost the stuf for Sunday. Will need to restore it - TODO

Tuesday the 16th of December

1. Forums were restructured. Changed thread name and url for Athan's "CMDR Athanasius' Route Planner" -- done
  2. [Reported by Andargor]. An OCR solution. by critic. Thread "My ED OCR Tool (Automatic screenshot monitor and output)" -- done
  3. Thread: "The 1001newbie tips thread" -- done
  4. Twitter account which shows all Fdev post. Twitter webpage. -- done
  5. Metacritic rating of Ed. Website. - done
  6. Secret 1 in ED. Thread "Secret... XD" -- done
  7. Secret 1 and 2 of ED. "Got my explorer gold disk" -- done
  8. Thread "New Event: Stellar Cartographics Record Breakers" -- done
  9. Thread "Rare Commodities List!". Archived atm due to restructuring of the forums because of release 1.0 -- done
  10. wiki "Machine learning". For those interested in Machine Learning. Its used in the latest version of EliteOCR. -- done
  11. Thread "List of Permit Required Systems?" Archived atm due to restructuring of the forums because of release 1.0 -- done
  12. Thread by "GalNet Archive". 20141221 -- done
  13. Maddavo. Merge tool for Trade Dangerous -- in progress
  14. The first great expedition. Section "Manuals and useful information." -- in progress
  15. [reported by cowboy] Elite: Dangerous Trade Helper -- in progress
Updates history. Period: 20141205-20141215
Monday the 15th of December

1. Added TODO section
  2. Populating the today section
  3. [Reported by Dolpa]. Edtools. Post #90. Author: "That is still in beta but some features is working now like path finder or ship database." Looks very promising. Added to the TODO -section.
  4. [Reported by ishmair]. Post #91 Voice attack profiles. Thread. Added to the TODO -section.
  5. [Reported by NoTones]. Post #92. Captains Log. Cmdr Dharkamen: Forum User ArchV1. Forum Thread . Post to Latest Version 1.1.
    Added to the TODO -section.
  6. Author: zxctypo. Thread: EliteBrainerous: the standalone "incredible neural OCR engine" powering EliteOCR. Accuracy: > 99.99%. Added to the TODO -section.

Thursday the 11th of December

1. [reported by Metamartian and Captain J H Buzz]. I pointed to an olderm thread for the BPC. Corrected it

Wednesday the 10th of December

1. [Reported by Dweezil Moon]. Galnewsreader, created by Dweezil Moon.Added to section "Miscellaneous"
  2. [Reported by Antmax]. Commodity Price Grabber, created by CashMoney. Added to secton "OCR - Optical Character Recognition"
  3. [Reported by CMDRKNac]. Route planner. Added to section "Route planners"
  4. BPC_Feeder discontinued. Moved BPC_Feeder by LasseB. to section "No longer maintained tools or not updated for Release"
  5. Reported by Transient]. A web based route planner by w0nk0 (reddit forum). Added to secton "Route planners"
  6. [Reported by Athan]. A web based route planner by Athan. Added to secton "Route planners"
  7. Unofficial RSS feed with developer posts, created by Athan. Added to section "Manuals and useful information."

Tuesday the 9th of December
  1. [Reported by KevinMillican]. Elite Dangerous : Pilot Log Book. Section "Captains Log"
  2. TGC: Added info where to ask questions as it doesn't have its own thread atm.

Monday the 8th of December
  1. Changed/extended section "Rules of engagement"
  2. Renamed section "Manuals and useful information" into "Manuals, wiki's and other useful information"
  3. [reported by rudidev08]. Added Lave Wiki.
  4. [reported by filth]. Weka, a machine learning tool. Added to section "Miscellaneous"
  5. Added thread "[GENERAL] Common Use SQL Game Database Source". Section "Miscellaneous".
    Very interesting thread. Worth checking out.

Sunday 7th of December 2014:
  1. Filled in section "Rules of engagement"
  2. Zebidie had his forum name changed into "Cmdr Thrudd". Changed in the OP.
  3. Filled in section "Updates".
  4. Filled in section "Other threads I created (for gathering info for ED) which can use your help"
  5. [Reported by No Tones].Added an OCR solution for commodities market prices by Bas King
  6. Added EliteOCRReader by maxh2003.
  7. [Reported by Dejay]. Elite Dangerous wiki, section "Manuals and useful information"
  8. DevStalker. Unofficial RSS feed with FDEV posts. Section "Manuals and useful information"
Saturday the 6th of December 2014:
  1. Restyled OP a bit, added horizontal lines
  2. Added section "Rules of engagement". Empty atm.
  3. Added section "Updates". Empty atm.
  4. Added section "Other threads I created (for gathering info for ED) which can use your help". Empty atm.

Friday 5th of December 2014.
Today and Yesterday the following changes were made.
  1. Restyled the OP
  2. Added categories, moved entries from the existing two categories and deleted the "programs using coordinates" category
  3. All entries in the post copied to the OP and using the new entry template.
  4. Requested temporary Sticky status for the thread by PM-ing the moderators.
  5. Thread was made Sticky (for the time being) by the moderators.

TODO list - 20140121: contains more then 45 entries.

Added Monday the 5th of January 2015

• todo 1
  • todo 2

Added Sunday the 11th of January 2015

Added Tueday the 20th of January 2015

Added Wednesday the 21th of January 2015

Added Sunday the 1st of February

Added Monday the 2nd of February

Current list - probably far from complete.

Trading tools. Number of entries: 5
Name: Cmdr's Log
Author: ArchV1
Description: A handy replacement for what you would normally do with a pen and paper.
Source available: N/A
Thread: New Trading Tool - Cmdr's Log v1.1!
Compatible with Release: Yes
Comments: By the author: If you are looking for a crowd-sourced trading tool, you can stop reading now because this isn't for you.

Name: Trade Dangerous
Author: kfsone
Description: Trading tool, route planner.
Source available: Yes. Open Source
Thread: TradeDangerous: power-user trade optimizer
Comments: Command line tool. Work by others has started to create a GUI for it.

Name: BPC
Author: Slopey
Description: Trading tool.
Source available: No
Thread: Slopey's BPC Market Tool!
Comments: Download location(s) in the OP of the thread.

Name: Thrudds Elite Dangerous Tools
Author: Cmdr Thrudd
Description: Trading tool, route planner.
Source available: No.
Thread:
Compatible with Release: Yes. It contains info about Release.
Comments:
Route planners. Number of entries: 8
Name: CMDR Athanasius' Route Planner
Author: Athan
Description: Web based route planner
Thread: [GENERAL] Third Party R*o*u*t*e P*l*a*n*n*e*r - miggy.org
Comments: Uses the TGC web-api for up to date coordinates.

Name: Attila's Starchart
Author: Biteketkergetek
Description: Route planner visualized in 2D
Source available: Yes. Open source license: not specified. bitbucket repository.
Thread: Proof of concept interactive starchart
Compatible with Release: Yes.
Comments:

Name: Elite Dangerous Central
Author: CMDRKNac
Description: Route planner
Thread: Route planner @ Elite Dangerous Central
Comments: From the author: system browser and other tools soon(tm) (must balance time between playing the game and developing)

Name: Thrudds Elite Dangerous Tools
Author: Cmdr Thrudd
Description: Trading tool and route planner
Thread: [Updated] Community Sourced Trading and Route Planning Website
Compatible with Release:Yes
Comments:

Name: ELITE: DANGEROUS TOOL
Author: Dolpa
Description: Route planner.
Thread: N/A
Compatible with Release: YES
Comments: Atm 20150105 he doesn't have a thread for it. He announced his tool in this post in this thread. Atm its a route planner but more functionality is planned.

Name: EDDiscovery
Author: Finwen
Description: Log and route planner.
Thread: on FGE forum only so far: http://firstgreatexpedition.org/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1406
Comments: Get data from TGC. Future support for submitting data to TGC is planned.

Name: HAST Elite Assistant
Author: Hastarin
Description: Route planner with voice guidance, transparent window support and more
Source Available: Yes
Thread: HAST Elite Assistant
Comments: Fast planning of least jumps/economical routes

Name: Trade Dangerous
Author: kfsone
Description: Trading tool, route planner, finding commodities
Source available: Yes. Open source license: not specified. bitbucket repository.
Thread: TradeDangerous: power-user trade optimizer
Comments: commandline tool. Work is ongoing by others to create a GUI for it.

Name: CMDR Club
Author: Peter Powers
Description: Webbased routeplanner
Thread: Fansite: https://CMDR.club + Routeplanner discontinued
Comments: Despite what the thread states, Peter has continued his tool.

Name: Elite-Copilot
Author: w0nk0
Description: Route planner, with voice so you know which system to select next in the system map.
Source available: Yes. Open source license: not specified. GitHub repository.
Threads: reddit forum: Elite-Copilot. FD forum: Galaxy map routing too slow? Elite Copilot has quick routing and voice navigation!
Comments: From the author, new functionality:
- Ability to get a log of all systems you visited while you had E.C. running.
- an in-game overlay with user-configurable color scheme
- a built-in web server so you can have routing information on your smartphone as an external display
- dynamic rerouting when you are in a system not in your route
Captains Log. Number of entries: 3
Name: ED:Heatmap / Commanders Log:
Author: filth
Description: ED:Heatmap / Commanders Log:
Source available: Yes. Open Source license: not specified. Github repository.
Thread: [Tool] Galaxy Player Heatmap
Comments: Actively maintained.

Name: EDDiscovery
Author: Finwen
Description: Log and route planner.
Thread: on FGE forum only so far: http://firstgreatexpedition.org/
Comments: Get data from TGC. Future support for submitting data to TGC is planned.

Name: EDDL
Author: Slugsie
Description: Diary and Log application.
Thread: Slugsies ED Diary and Log app
Comments: Actively maintained. As of version v0.7.1.0 its possible to upload data to fillth's ED:HeatMap.

Name: Elite Dangerous : Pilot Log Book
Author: KevinMillican
Description: Elite Dangerous : Pilot Log Book. Webbased.
Source available:
Thread: Shared Online Pilot Logs
Comments: Contains info about systems, station/platforms in it, coordinates, commodities, Black market etc. It even has photo's of station/platform. I believe its updated from TGC (for system names and coordinates). When TGC is able to handle static information like stations etc I believe the intention is to upload that info to TGC. Not sure if it has a web-api to retrieve information from it. But it has an export functionality.

Name: Elite-Copilot
Author: w0nk0
Description: Route planner, with voice so you know which system to select next in the system map. Also captains log.
Source available: Yes. Open source license: not specified. GitHub repository.
Threads: reddit forum: Elite-Copilot. FD forum: Galaxy map routing too slow? Elite Copilot has quick routing and voice navigation!
Comments: From the author, new functionality:
- Ability to get a log of all systems you visited while you had E.C. running.
- an in-game overlay with user-configurable color scheme
- a built-in web server so you can have routing information on your smartphone as an external display
- dynamic rerouting when you are in a system not in your route
OCR - Optical Character Recognition. Number of entries: 4
Name:
Author: Bas King
Description: OCR solution to get the prices of the commodities market.
Source available: Yes.
Thread: My attempt to write an OCR for Elite Dangerous market screenshots (Yes, it works)
Comments:

Name: Commodity Price Grabber
Author: CashMoney aka DestroyBoy on reddit
Description: A complete OCR solution for retrieving prices of the Commodities Market
Source available: Yes. Open source license: not specified. Github repository.
Thread: My Commodity Price Grabber script is on GitHub
Compatible with Release:
Comments: It contains a BPC_Feeder to put values into the BPC. For that you need to have the BPC running as it simulates key presses. You can a demo of the tool inclusive the BPC Feeder in action here. The author has good info about how to set it up, walkthrough etc. BPC Feeder will be integrated into EliteOCR as LasseB. has discontinued his feeder (20141210).

Name: EliteOCRReader
Author: maxh2003
Description: Windows app to display EliteOCR CSV files on-screen in a readable fashion.
Source available: Not yet. Comment author: "available freely if and when this app turns into something useful"
Thread: EliteOCRReader - tool to read CSV files from EliteOCR
Comments:

Name: EliteOCR
Author: seeebek
Description: OCR solution to get the prices from the commodities market.
Source available: Yes. Open Source license: GPL v3. Github repository.
Thread: EliteOCR – Optical Character Recognition for The Commodities Market
Comments: Actively maintained.
EDDN. Elite Dangerous Data Network
Name: EDDN - Elite Dangerous Data Network.
Author: jamesremuscat
Description: A tool like EMDN. Dynamic data (like commodities prices) can be uploaded to it and its directly distributed to all clients listening to EDDN. Its basically a data relayer.
Source available: Yes.
Thread: EDDN - Elite Dangerous Data Network. Trading tools sharing info in an unified way.
Comments: I created a thread for it and jamesremuscat was willing to setup EDDN. kfsone (Trade Dangerous) and Thrudd have said to support it. Status for the BPC is unknown. It will initially be used for the distribution of prices but will be made so that it will support all kinds of dynamic data. Note: Its not made publicly available yet, 20141205

Web-api, data sources. Number of entries: 2
Name: TGC (The Great Collector)
Author: TornSoul
Description: A web-api for static information like coordinates, station names, has station a Black market etc.
Comments: TGC was developed for the crowd sourcing project. Initially commanders could upload distances and TGC would calculate the 3D coordinates for a system. Later it was decided to extend its reach with all kind of static data. Note: 20141205, static data is NOT yet supported by TGC. TGC doesn't have its own thread yet. Its discussed and questions can be asked about it in the thread ""What is the most efficient way to crowdsource the 3D sytem coordinates for Beta 2 ?"
Manuals, wiki's and other useful information. Number of entries: 9
Name:
Description: RSS feed for the Elite FD forum, contains posts made by FD.
Thread: *UNOFFICIAL* Frontier Forums Developer Posts RSS feed
Comments: Very useful tool to keep track of the posts made by FD. You need of course a RSS reader for your web browser.

Name: A method to optimize SC travels.
Author: CaptainKremmen
Description: Supercruis guide.
Thread: Supercruise "Time To Destination" info = genius
Comments:

Name: Fangrim's Guide to Supercruising the Easy Way - Revision 4 (Beta 2)
Author: Fangrim
Description: Fangrim's Guide to Supercruising the Easy Way - Revision 4 (Beta 2)
Thread: Fangrim's Guide to Supercruising the Easy Way - Revision 4 (Beta 2)
Comments: Very nice and useful guide.

Name: Elite: Dangerous Pilot's Guide/Manual/Tutorial/Help
Author: forger
Description: A very large (186 pages) manual about ED. A work of love.
Thread: Elite: Dangerous Pilot's Guide/Manual/Tutorial/Help
Compatible with Release: No
Comments: There is very little change between Gamma and Release. Hence perfectly usable. He also has 3 ED themed calendars!! Also there are links to other pdf files.

Name: WWLAMA ALERTS (SMS)
Author: lazy llama, Winterwalker
Description: SMS Text Message (Galnet Alerts)
Source available: No, uses tool IFTTT
Thread: GENERAL] Alert to Galnet News by SMS/ Text Message
Compatible with Release: Yes (currently using (lazy llama) Proxy RSS Feed while Galnet RSS is WIP)
Comments: Using third party tool (If This Then That) app collects new RSS entries to Galnet and forwards a text message alert to your mobile phone. Full Galnet entry must be accessed, in smartphone via phone web browser, by feedreader or found in game. (IFTTT can also be useful for a wide range of web automation).

Comment by OP: Do yourself a favor and check the original announcement. In that thread another cmdr created something similar based upon the idea of WWLAMA ALERTS.

Name: Current ships in Elite: Dangerous 1.0
Author: GunnyHighway
Description: Current ships in Elite: Dangerous 1.0
Thread: Ship Specifications
Comments:

Name:
Author: jinja
Description: blog and guide with 23 articles (see comments).
Thread: Sidewinder Owners' Manual
Comments: He has a blog. He also has "Index of guides and tutorials", containing 23 articles, including links to videos.

Name: Sidewinder Owners' Manual
Author: Michael Brookes (FD) made it available.
Description: Sidewinder Owners' Manual
Thread: Sidewinder Owners' Manual
Comments: Pretty old. 30th of May 2014.

Name:
Author:
Description: An Elite Dangerous wiki.
Source available:
Comments:

Name: DevStalker
Author:
Description: Unofficial RSS feed with FDEV posts in the FD forums.
Website: http://www.miggy.org/games/elite-dangerous/devtracker/ed-dev-posts.rss
Comments: Its a RSS feed. Without a suitable RSS reader (like for example Bamboo for FireFox) you just a webpage with XML in it. Very useful if you want to keep track of what is being post by FD.

Name:
Author:
Description: An Elite Dangerous wiki.
Source available:
Comments: No ads. Contains some VERY useful guides/tutorials and other very useful information.
Visualization tools, like alternative galaxy map viewers. Number of entries: 3
Name: Allila's Starchart
Author: Biteketkergetek
Description: Route planner visualized in 2D
Thread: Proof of concept interactive starchart
Compatible with Release: Yes.
Comments:

Name: Star data
Description:
Compatible with Release: No.
Comments: From the author: "The tool is using real star data and the information I could find on transforming that to the ED co-ordinate system. It's absolutely not based on the actual ED stars at all. Thus it will be missing every single procedurally generated star, and it's also at least missing all the WISE ones as well. I highlighted it here purely as a helper if people are wondering "hmmm, I wonder which ED star such and such real star is based on".

Name:
Author: TornSoul
Description: A simple but effective viewer which shows the systems with an economy.
Comments: It contains the list of 19833 systems with an economy the crowd source coordinates project received from Michael Brookes when Gamma was released - GREAT gesture by FD. PC is a simple tool but it shows beautifully where the systems which have an economy are positioned in the Galaxy.
Miscellaneous. Number of entries: 8
Name: galnewsreader
Author: Dweezil Moon
Description: tool to reformat the official Frontiers' Galnet News page to something Text2Speech friendly. Intended for VoiceAttack users but can probably be used by other tools. There is also an option to get the weekly summary from Frontier's Newsletter.
Source available: Yes. Open source license: GPL v3. GitHub repository
Thread: [AUDIO] Galnews feed -> TTS
Compatible with Release: yes
Comments:

Name: Voice Attack profile
Author: ishmair
Description: Voice Attack profile
Thread: [COMMUNITY] Voice Attack profile sharing
Comments:

Name: Maddavo's Market Share (MMS)
Author: maddavo
Description: Merging tool for Trade Dangerous (TD)
Thread: N/A.
Comments: Its a plugin for TD. Users can upload their TD .prices file (using TD) and get a merged .prices back. This will consist of all .prices submitted by others AND the prices received from EDDN. Also check out the other tools mentioned on his site like the online version of RedWizzards tool to calculate coordinates for new systems.

Name: Commander Mafi's PAPA
Author: mafi
Description: A handy replacement for what you would normally do with a pen and paper.
Source available: NO
Thread: Introducing Commander Mafi's PAPA
Comments: By the author "This program provides a graphics user interface (GUI) to store and manipulate data a commander comes across the space simulation game "Elite Dangerous""

Name:
Author: RedWizzard.
Description: Web based. Runs locally in your browser. Complete overview of star system data, which can be viewed/sorted in different ways. It can also be used for collecting distances and submitting them to TGC - where the coordinates are (re)calculated.
Source available: Yes. Open source license: The MIT License (MIT). Github repository
Comments: RedWizzard is the maintainer of TOR (The One Reference). It contains the coordinates of all so far found mapped star systems in the crowdsource project. It has support for TGC (The Great Collector).

Name: Elite Dangerous Crosshair
Author:RobCubed
Description: Adds a crosshair to ED for better aiming.
Source available: Yes. Open source license: not specified. Github repository.
Thread: [GENERAL] Elite Dangerous Crosshair v1.1
Comments: A very interesting thread. Worth checking out and give

Name:
Author: sngerous
Description: Discussing a general and optimal database setup for multiple applications.
Source available:
Thread: [GENERAL] Common Use SQL Game Database Source
Comments: Ambituous and very interesting thread. The commander has asked for assistance.

Name: E : D Shipyard
Author: taleden
Description: A simple web-based tool to experiment with outfittings and calculate jump ranges, buy/rebuy costs, etc
Thread: Elite Shipyard
Comments: 20150116. From the author: Almost all high-end ships and modules (Python, Type-9, Anaconda) are now supported; the only major thing still missing is the Orca, because I haven't yet found anyone who owns one and can send me data on the modules that it alone can fit (class 6 life supports).

Name: Weka
Author:
Description: Weka is a collection of machine learning algorithms for data mining tasks.
Source available: Yes. Open source license: GPL v3
Thread:
Compatible with Release: Not relevant
Comments: Reported by commander filth. Machine learning can be used for for example OCR solutions.
List of tools and programs created for the crowd source project. Number of entries: 9
Not all tools created by commanders have been made public.
Before I give a list of tools I have to give credit to Codec. He was the first person who published a spreadsheet with input form. It also calculates/shows coordinates. Atm most crowd source data is coming from other tools.

The tools are listed by commander name - in alphabetic order.

1. Biteketkergetek. Verifier tool. Verifies calculated 3D coordinates by crowd source project. Takes 1/32LY grid into account. Sourcecode.
  2. Chromatix.Generates 3D map with routes based on fuel-efficiency. Thread "Complete Maps of the Bubble ". Sourcecode.
  3. CMDR Generic EventHandler. Trilateration solution in C#.
  4. Harbinger. Web based. Website
  5. JesusFreke. Verifier tool. Verifies calculated 3D coordinates by crowd source project. Takes 1/32LY grid into account. . sourcecode.
  6. RedWizzard. Web based. Runs locally in your browser.Github url. Download as zip.
  7. Snuble. Webbased tool. Shows bubble/pill split up in grids. Useful to communicate in which part of the bubble a volunteer is collecting distances. Website.
  8. TornSoul. Web based tool. Has a web-api for retrieving systems and distances. EDStarCoordinator.
  9. TunaMage. Google spreadsheet. Can be download as an .xlsx file for Excel. System Plotter.

Which tool is best?
I won't answer that one here as they all are (technically) beautiful and suited for the crowd source effort. Try them out. You can ask the commanders in the forum which tool they like the most - for a certain task.
No longer maintained tools or not updated for Release. Not valid for Release. Number of entries: 4
Name: ChangoDock Travel Planner
Author: ChangoDock
Description: Webbased route planner. Also has ships information.
Thread: ChangoDock.com Travel Planner
Comments: Does NOT seem to be updated since SB1. Hence: outdated.

Name:
Author: Chromatix
Description: Generates 3D map with routes based on fuel-efficiency.
Source available: Yes. Open source license: not specified. Sourcecode
Thread: Complete Maps of the Bubble
Compatible with Release:
Comments: Compatible with Gamma

Name: ED Route Planner.
Author: FB Tuz
Description: Route planner, takes fuel into account.
Comments: The fuel calculations are incorrect since Beta2. The routeplanner has the SB3 systems, NOT Gamma.

Name: BPC Feeder
Author: Lasse B.
Description: Its feeds EliteOCR data from its .csv files into Slopey's BPC
Source available: Yes. Open Source license: not specified. Program with sources.
Thread: None. But its mentioned in the EliteOCR thread, here.
Compatible with Release: No.
Comments: The author because of limited time couldn't get it to work on some systems/configurations. He decided to discontinue the feeder (20141210). Also the EliteOCR now has native support for a .BPC files, which can be ued by the BPC.

Name:
Author: snuble
Description: Webbased tool. Shows bubble/pill split up in grids. Shows more then just 3D coordinates for a star system.
Comments: Last updated for Standard Beta 2.

Other threads I created (for gathering info for ED) which can use your help.
Hopefully in the end the thread can live up to its name.
Although I visit the forums very frequently I know I'm missing a lot of good tools. Hence I DO need the help of you all for that. If you know of other good sources of information, third party tools, manuals, spreadsheets, data sources I would appreciate it, if you could post it here. I don't discriminate. Each and every tool, manual, resource will be put on the OP of this thread

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Allila's Starchart

Nice tool for plotting routes.

Sometimes a commander is using his forum name and sometimes his real name. Biteketkergetek is the author of Allila's Starchart. It was in list 2 BUT I've now changed the generic word website into Allila's Starchart. BTW Biteketkergetek has also done some nice work for the crowd sourcing project ;-)

Thanks for the input. Keep it coming. I know for a fact that my list is very small wrt what is out there.

Thanks

Do you know where I can get the basic x, y , z coordinates of systems on the star map? They go something like -100, 14, -30 etc. Not after the exact locations just the broad x, y, z that you can see on the galaxy map grid.

Cheers chums,

Ben

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I will be searching for my emails again, now for not tradings/navigation tools/info related stuff. Will dig up something more.
BUT I can NOT do this alone. So if anyone has some info about tools, spreadsheets, manuals, data sources PLEASE DO POST them here.

Alone I will FAIL, together we will SUCCEED.
Hopefully it will make life easier for those new to ED and also for seasoned commanders.
That is my hope and the reason for doing it - which is time consuming.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Appreciate your effort to bring them all down here.
Looking forward to updates to this thread.

your welcome.
Before I update the OP, for the time being I will post stuff I did find back here as a post in this thread.

Two manuals:
Forger: Elite: Dangerous Pilot's Guide/Manual/Tutorial/Help. A whopping 174 pages. Updated for SB2. Thread with download link.
Michael Brokes (FD): Sidewinder Owners' Manual. Draft version of basic manual for ED (may 2014), 36 pages. Thread with download link.

Edit: 20141204. Added to the OP.

Friday 20150424: Tool is in the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).
Done by ED3PTT author biobob who created an OP importer - saved LOTS of time.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Found in Forgers "Elite: Dangerous Pilot's Guide/Manual/Tutorial/Help" thread.
jinja. He has a blog. He also has "Index of guides and tutorials", containing 23 articles, including links to videos.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
A method to optimize SC travels. Use it all the time and works like a charm (for me).

CaptainKremmen. Thread "Supercruise "Time To Destination" info = genius"

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Please do not post link with https://thisforum at least for me that means I can not reply to the thread. remove the s...

Changed https into http. Not sure why its given you issues. Btw when I click on http://thisforum link I end up with a https://thisforum when it opens in a tab.

When I created this thread I thought there was a need for it. Aside from positive feedback includings reps, I haven't received many additional links. Perhaps my thoughts were wrong. I will try it once more, after that the thread probably won't be updated by me any more and will disappear in the voids of the forums....

I can NOT do this alone. So if anyone has some info about tools, spreadsheets, manuals, data sources PLEASE DO POST them here.
Alone I will FAIL, together we will SUCCEED.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
A very nice routeplanner, check it out. Very cool logo. It uses the coordinates calculated in the crowd sourcing star system coordinates project.

Peter Powers.. CMDR Club. Webbased routeplanner. Website.

Edit: 20141205. Added to the OP.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Elite Dangerous Crosshair by RobCubed. Simple, elegant, useful. Thread: [GENERAL] Elite Dangerous Crosshair v1.1

Edit: 20141205. Added to the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom