Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
5.0.2 is a no-go on my Windows 7 rig. There are numerous errors from killswitch.py. I tried to debug it, but it was beyond my coding ability. Due to this, and many more issues, I've ordered parts for a new rig. I'll be running Windows 10 and Ubuntu via drive swapping. Is EDMC on Linux supported like on Windows 10, or is it just an unsupported option like on Windows 7?

5.0.2 is a no-go on my Windows 7 rig. There are numerous errors from killswitch.py. I tried to debug it, but it was beyond my coding ability. Due to this, and many more issues, I've ordered parts for a new rig. I'll be running Windows 10 and Ubuntu via drive swapping. Is EDMC on Linux supported like on Windows 10, or is it just an unsupported option like on Windows 7?
EDMC Wiki:Supported Platforms
EDMC Wiki:Running from source

In short, yes, supported on any Linux system where you can get a python.org-based Python 3.9. My co-maintainer runs EDMC on Linux always so it gets constant testing on their system.

Work is progressing on an improvement for the suit names on the UI. The plan is to map the names, no matter the source, to a short version that's still distinct.

As an example. If we get the data from the CAPI then a Dominator suit will currently show as "Dominator Suit". If we got the data from Journal events we'd currently show "$TacticalSuit_Class1_Name;" due to that being what's in the Journal event "SuitName_Localised" value. There's also "tacticalsuit_class3" in the "SuitName" field, given this is a grade 3 version.

The code I'm working on will not only map all of those to "Dominator Suit" in the first instance, but then also map that down to just "Dominator" as it's on the UI line with a "Suit:" prefix anyway, so the extra " Suit" seems redundant.

I have the necessary data for playing the game in English but to properly support other languages I'll need the correct strings data for those languages. We'll have Russian covered soon (thanks Kazakov!), but will also need it for: Spanish, French, German, Portugese. I think that's the full list, given the dropdown available in the launcher to change the game language.

In lieu of me switching languages myself I need a journal file for each language where you switch to a suit loadout for each of the suits. Any volunteers before I break down and try switching game language myself with any attendant foibles that brings in ?

Eh, OK, I tried German out in the launcher, I guess I can cope with its quick switching and going back in-game and gathering the necessary data.

Cross fingers for me polishing this work and putting out 5.0.3 tomorrow, or at least before the weekend.

Release 5.0.3

• You can now click on a 'cell' in the "File" > "Status" popup to copy that text to the clipboard. This was a relatively easy, and non-intrusive, code change. We'll look at richer, fuller, copy functionality in the future.
  • Suit names, for all grades, should now be displaying as just the relevant word, never a symbol, and with the redundant 'suit' word(s) from all languages removed. Note that Frontier have not translated the following, so neither do we: "Artemis", "Dominator", "Maverick". The 'Flight Suit' should, approximately, use the Frontier-supplied translation for 'Flight' in this context. In essence the displayed name is now as short as possible whilst disambiguating the suit names from each other.

Bug Fixes​

• The check for "source, but with extra changes?" in appversion will now not cause an error if the "git" command isn't available. Also, the extra text added to the build number is now ".DIRTY".
  • Actually properly handle the "you just made progress" version of the EngineerProgress Journal event, so that it doesn't throw errors.

Plugin Developers​

• The backpack and ship locker tracking of micro-resources might now actually be correct with respect to 'reality' in-game. This is in part thanks to Frontier changes to some events in 4.0.0.200.
  • Suit names will now only be sourced from Journal events if the application didn't (yet) have the equivalent CAPI data.
  • The displayed Suit name is stored in an extra "edmcName" key within state['Suits'] and state['SuitCurrent']. What was found in the Journal or CAPI data is still present in the "name" and "locName" values.
  • The "language", "gameversion" and "build" values from the "Fileheader" event are all now stored in state[] fields. See PLUGINS.md for updated documentation.
  • We have a new Contributing.md policy of adding comments in a defined format when we add or change code such that there's a 'hack', 'magic' or 'workaround' in play. You might find some of this enlightening going forwards.

in 5.0.3 the Maverick Suit (the one I included in the logs) is now showing as <Unknown> all the time, before and after I click on Update.
'<Unknown>' indicates that no data is known for the current suit. Please open a github issue with both the 'plain log file' and and also 'File > Save Raw Data' file from when this happens.

Ah, never mind, I just re-created this. It's probably the new code not setting edmcName for the suit from CAPI data, only Journals. It'll display properly if you switch to another loadout and back.

Ah, never mind, I just re-created this. It's probably the new code not setting edmcName for the suit from CAPI data, only Journals. It'll display properly if you switch to another loadout and back.
I'll check when this latest Upgrade has finished. Incidentally when I restarted EDMC it was displaying the suit as Maverick as expected.

I've fixed this '<Unknown>' suit in a code branch now. We plain weren't setting the display name from the Frontier CAPI data, only from applicable Journal events. So a game client restart, login and CAPI pull in 5.0.3 does indeed leave it as '<Unknown>' (which is set when we detect Odyssey is being played rather than Horizons, but we don't yet have any data from Journal or CAPI).

This will be fixed in 5.0.4 which I might even put out this evening now. You'll still see '<Unknown>' from when we detect the LoadGame event until the first CAPI data pull or relevant Journal event. That's as designed.

Release 5.0.4

This is a minor bugfix release, ensuring that Odyssey Suit names (and loadout) will actually display if you're in your ship on login and never leave it.

NB: This still requires a Frontier CAPI data pull, either automatically because you're docked if you have that option set, or by pressing the 'Update' button. We can't display data when we don't have it from either CAPI or Journal sources. You'll also see '<Unknown>' between the time we see the Journal LoadGame event during login and when there's either a Journal suit-related event, or a CAPI data pull completes.

I'm happy to report EDMC 5.0.4 runs from source on my Windows 7 PC.

Note: I'm only testing via Horizons. Odyssey is pretty much a slideshow for now.

I've seen mention of this elsewhere, so here's why EDMC won't (yet) be updating anyone's Ship Locker Materials on Inara.CZ.

The nature of the Inara API is that it has specific API calls for each type of data to registered for the Commander. As I'm typing this Artie (Inara.CZ developer) has made no announcement or documentation about an additional API call for us to send the Ship Locker Materials content to. Thus EDMC can't (yet) update your Commander's materials on Inara. You'll have to use the "Import Frontier Data" button on Inara itself for this, at least for now.

I'm happy to report EDMC 5.0.4 runs from source on my Windows 7 PC.

Note: I'm only testing via Horizons. Odyssey is pretty much a slideshow for now.
Good to hear it. Been keeping an eye on what I use in release versions to try and make that decently possible for you.

I've seen mention of this elsewhere, so here's why EDMC won't (yet) be updating anyone's Ship Locker Materials on Inara.CZ.

The nature of the Inara API is that it has specific API calls for each type of data to registered for the Commander. As I'm typing this Artie (Inara.CZ developer) has made no announcement or documentation about an additional API call for us to send the Ship Locker Materials content to. Thus EDMC can't (yet) update your Commander's materials on Inara. You'll have to use the "Import Frontier Data" button on Inara itself for this, at least for now.
And now Artie has let us know about the API updates for this (and other things), so we'll work on it this coming week: https://github.com/EDCD/EDMarketConnector/issues/1127

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom