Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Oh, do you mean roam the planet surface from any drop point and search it entirely until you come near it to show a POI or you see it from your cockpit?
In most cases plants are very easy to find. If they are not, best go to orbit and drop down at another highlighted area.
How rare some plants are is also different for each species and planet I think.
And sometimes I think the heatmap isn't really too precise. Didn't happen too often for me so far.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Each update comes with a nice list of fixes. Good on everyone! Clearly you're all working very hard to fix all the things.

One new thing I've come across in update 3: the default flight suit causes a Black Adder when trying to disembark while wearing it. Also it is no longer shown visually equipped even if it appears to be the currently selected loadout in the loadout menus. I'm stuck in my space suit. Halp!! ;)

Sally, I know its a busy day for you, but any update on the planet tech? Is it currently working as intended, or is stuff still to be implemented? Thanks!

Pictures are FAB but links to tickets will help me so very very very much more with making sure things get run through for you guys o7 Really appreciate this!
Gone default and vibrant flight suits

Mismatched colors of flight suit when wearing a wanderer suit.

Missing collision on Diamondback X.

Decals visible during crouch walking.

Great disturbance in the Force (disappearing breast).

NPC rendering bug.

sallymorganmoore

Each update comes with a nice list of fixes. Good on everyone! Clearly you're all working very hard to fix all the things.

One new thing I've come across in update 3: the default flight suit causes a Black Adder when trying to disembark while wearing it. Also it is no longer shown visually equipped even if it appears to be the currently selected loadout in the loadout menus. I'm stuck in my space suit. Halp!! ;)

I take all issues very seriously...I do...but you're candid way of writing this gave me such a smile. I'm so sorry you're stuck in your suit!! Grabbed the ticket. Thank you!!!

Thanks for the update, FDev, and for taking care of "us", Sally - I really do not envy you your job. :)
I'd like to know where on your roadmap the "disappearing NPC crew members" are (right now, it does not make sense to hire and use any), and if we could expect to get our beloved AI crew back.
I'm referring to these issues (only two links, there are more issues open on the same, well, issue):
Thanks!

Hi Sally,

It looks like you haven't slept much since yesterday. This thread started at 3:30 AM and you're still at it. <EDIT: I have just been informed the browser does account for time zones. Still, thanks for hanging here with us>

We love the updates, we love the open communication and responses, but that shouldn't come at the expense of any FDev employee. Please pace yourselves!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program: complaining :p Please add my vote for VR anything. I'll settle for a mention of VR, a date, a date for a date, a blank section of the patch update called "VR". Something to tell us where we are in the line. If VR will be closer to console release date, that's fine, too. Something, anything. Thanks!

Last edited:

sallymorganmoore

Sally, I know its a busy day for you, but any update on the planet tech? Is it currently working as intended, or is stuff still to be implemented? Thanks!

Hello! We are still very much on the road of progress and improvement across all areas of the game, and I for one won't say anything is final until we know it is. We're still taking feedback from all areas, planet tech very much included, and making really good progress with the update schedule (we have 2 more to go yet!). Thanks!

@sallymorganmoore
Since you're here now:
Geo sites and bio sites are only spawning low grade material, even from the crystal clusters and the like. Is that working as intended?

Here's an issue for you: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/37310

Hello! So after a quick look and sanity check - we can confirm that this indeed odd behaviour. Thanks for the nudge! Looking into it further :)
Just a heads up in case you don't know:
Most people farm materials at those sites, and with Odyssey they aren't clustered anymore (which I personally love) and a bit more searching is required.
Those crystal shards for example are a big thing, and when there was a fix for them dropping stuff at all, there was great disappointment about getting only iron and such from them.

Heard this mentioned many times on YouTube, here on the forum, everywhere really.

sallymorganmoore

theres an interesting one here witch for me is a bit game breaking as i cant restock limpets or repair my hull integrity as a result of the Advance Maintainence bug wich has reseurfaced since todays patch .. heres the link https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/32873 i hope that can be fixed pretty easily :)

Thanks so much for popping this in the tracker! I'll take a look and see what might be blipping out here...Appreciate it!

Ok so regarding the invert on the item wheel - Would it be possible to include your binding files for us please? Just for a deeper dig...
Will do!

Where do i find the binding files and who do i email them to?
or do i attach them somehow to the issue tracker.

I'm coming from xbox so a lot of the PC stuff is stuff I've forgotten sadly.
Many Thanks :)

Top Bottom