Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

I waited 4 weeks and a few days for today's tick to be able to buy 2B Hound Pack modules. Purchased some, left the pledge and went to my fleet carrier and into my Alliance Challenger to fit the first one. To my surprise the 2B Hound Pack turned into a 1B Missile rack. I was in my FC I didn't have any other kind of Missile Rack. I don't have outfitting service installed so I couldn't have bought any module whilst in the FC nor I had any Missile Rack fitted in ships or in storage. A ticket has been raised.
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38187 I am so fed up with so many crashes and bugs in this paid beta that I am going to take some time off the game and I am no longer sure if I will be back!

Attachments

• 2021-06-10_181840.jpg
    2021-06-10_181840.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 75

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Not really related to the updates but since the new approach to clear and honest communications I'll take my shot at it. We have been searching and looking for 6 years now for Raxxla, turned the codex and every little clue we could find about it inside out (twice). Spend hours looking for it. Since we never got an official and clear statement about Raxxla, me and other members of the Tin Foil community would like to have just that since we are starting to doubt the very existance of the legendary planet. So that being said, here is my and many others question. Is Raxxla/the Omphalos Rift currently ingame and can we, right now, find it in the game? Can we actualy find it and see it fysicly in game?

Who, sorry? looks away. Pretends to fold clothes
A whole lot of mystery out there, Commander o7

Where has already been answered, but you can attach them to the issue as a ZIP file.

Right click on the folder then use "Send to..." -> Compressed zip folder.

Then drop them onto the issue (I've used "confirm reproduced" if I want to add something to an existing issue).
Thanks dude, have done that now.

@sallymorganmoore have added a zip file with my bindings folder contents onto a second comment in that issue tracker

Hope that helps!

I'd been thinking along the same lines and was going to put something into the suggestions area with screen mockups.

Would add to this:
  • when you're inside the building that the items outside are dimmed
  • a mini icon in the corner to show that the item is not powered (a circle with a diagonal strike through?)
  • discovered med kits and energy cells are added dynamically
  • a height marker when you get close enough to show it is above/below you

Nice to see that others would like this as well!

On your first point, this was my thinking also. So I tried to convey that if you're outside, the inside ones are dimmed. If you're inside, the outside ones are dimmed.

Loved your other additions as well!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
I waited 4 weeks and a few days for today's tick to be able to buy 2B Hound Pack modules. Purchased some, left the pledge and went to my fleet carrier and into my Alliance Challenger to fit the first one. To my surprise the 2B Hound Pack turned into a 1B Missile rack. I was in my FC I didn't have any other kind of Missile Rack. I don't have outfitting service installed so I couldn't have bought any module whilst in the FC nor I had any Missile Rack fitted in ships or in storage. A ticket has been raised.
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38187 I am so fed up with so many crashes and bugs in this paid beta that I am going to take some time off the game and I am no longer sure if I will be back!

Had a look, Odecam. I've grabbed it - thanks so much for taking the time to put it in a ticket.
We'll carry on working hard with the feedback and goals for improvements and hopefully see you back in the Galaxy again someday o7

I'll go back and watch his.
In mine, I disembarked as my first action after login (other than changing my suit). It was the same, however, with my artemis suit.

edit - I think Animage just demonstrates that they aren't in his inventory when he's sitting in the ship.
It very well could be that I am in a place where they aren't illegal. Unfortunately, I am 500 Ly away from any civilized space to test the theory.
Even though of been said already (still have 12 pages of post to get through to catch up), noticed in videos Animage has prohibited icon by the e-breaches and you did not, you mentioned you were in anarchy systems so that may be why they resupplied for you as they are not prohibited in that system.

Who, sorry? looks away. Pretends to fold clothes
A whole lot of mystery out there, Commander o7
1623333777628.png

(In all fairness tho, understandable to not communicate about Raxxla. My personal theory is that it will be a part of the story line. Weather that's true or not, just make sure at the end we get at least something. Keeping one of the biggest mysteries of the game a secret is understandable, just make sure we get at least something to do with Raxxla at some point because searching for so long gives us high expectations. Don't need to reply to this just take note. That being said, gravitational pull at a communication Array, being stranded on a strange alien planet time after time, Salvations big 'something of scientific value'... I get the hints there.)

Deleted member 115407

D
Even though of been said already (still have 12 pages of post to get through to catch up), noticed in videos Animage has prohibited icon by the e-breaches and you did not, you mentioned you were in anarchy systems so that may be why they resupplied for you as they are not prohibited in that system.
I'm thinking that's difference, yeah.
It's possible I just never noticed when I disembarked in Anarchies before.
If anyone is in the bubble and can test this, it would be much appreciated.

sweet..wasn't sure if it was working as i can't see the files when i look at the issue so may have done it twice but as long as you gottem then job's a good 'un!!!

Over an Out!

Thanks for the update! I'm still holding out for some slight engineer unlock balancing.
(Been working on the 40 opinion polls for well over a week now. Have spent a tad too long 6-7 hours in one sitting with about 12 opinion polls to show for it as an example.)

Though more important for me is team connectivity improvements. (Less error codes and disconnects when transitioning between various states with people in your ship. Like supercruise and hyper jumps and disengaging them to fly to planets... Etc.

My hope is most of that will come with the mission sharing update.

Id really like for all missions to just be shareable. Not just a few select massive requirement filled missions two people can't complete in an afternoon. For both on foot and ship honestly. Let us have our fun! Haha.

Last edited:
A lot of great updates and fixes! Hopefully the fix for this one comes within the next 2 updates! :)

I actually like that... Honestly these bugged remixes should be their own paint jobs at this rate. Id still prefer my vibrant pack to be like it was before considering i paid for it to look like that...but i dont dislike some of the messed up looks lol...
I actually like it more as well... I mean, okay, not the vibrant thing that was bought, but it looks so much better to me. Not so toy-like. Oo

Top Bottom