Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

One more take-my-chance-while-I-got-it-question. Now I don't know if you will know the answer or if I should ask that to Arthur during one of the live-streams but it's been on my mind for a while. The live-stream gave me many answers to questions I had and dealt with most of my frustrations about Odyssey (Thanks for that). But the one thing I really want to know that concerns me is the following. What led to the release of an issue-filled Odyssey? Was it not play tested (enough) inside the company? Was it not possible to fully test before the release? I know it sounds a bit harsh but I canassure you I am not trolling or trying to be disrespectful, I am asking this with respect. It's just one of the questions that still bother me.

I actually like it more as well... I mean, okay, not the vibrant thing that was bought, but it looks so much better to me. Not so toy-like. Oo
They should Def just use this messed up painting selection and turn them into actual pain jobs of their own. That's adding a ton of new options that are already basically created so not much work for it id hope. Buuut my main issues above id Def prefer fixed first hahaha.

I know the patch notes don't even promise this, but I just checked if the horrible FPS (below 10-15) unless I tone down the graphics options to the absolute bare minimum (which looks like back in the 90s) was addressed for systems such as mine (with a GTX1050 Ti, so not the "recommended" level, but almost, so it should work at least on medium settings, yes?).

It hasn't been yet.

1623335395442.png

Russian localization is PERFECT...

I purchased some suit liveries in Horizons via ARX. I have lost access to these in Odyssey.

Is that as intended or will I get them back at some point?

Thanks for the updates. Great work. 👍

One query, as this only refers to Odyssey am I right in thinking this potentially still not fixed in Horizons? We get crashes on PS5 intermittently when jumping a carrier.

Edit: apparently it does also affect PC commanders on Horizons.

View attachment 238478

Thanks.

Yes, it also happens in Horizons. Not sure if when docked at a PC or console carrier (or both) but it does happen.

And there's still the very annoying bug where you get stuck when entering SC at the same time a carrier is jumping in/out of the system, and the only way to get out of it is by exiting to desktop. I really wish they'd fix that.

Great work!

I'm seeing noticeable performance improvements across the board - e.g. in settlements I've got 70-80 FPS on average, even when looking at fires, rarely dipping below 60, along with smoother transitions during planetary approaches. In interiors of some buildings it's even 110+.

I actually like that... Honestly these bugged remixes should be their own paint jobs at this rate. Id still prefer my vibrant pack to be like it was before considering i paid for it to look like that...but i dont dislike some of the messed up looks lol...
I think the Stygian Red of my ship is much improved in Odyssey.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Yes, it also happens in Horizons. Not sure if when docked at a PC or console carrier (or both) but it does happen.

And there's still the very annoying bug where you get stuck when entering SC at the same time a carrier is jumping in/out of the system, and the only way to get out of it is by exiting to desktop. I really wish they'd fix that.

Is that second one in as a ticket, AceMcKool? If so would you mind passing it over to me please (for quickness) :)? Thanks!

It's funny how all the negative comments are contained to FB and twitter:ROFLMAO: I tried telling them you guys were gonna patch it. Now it didn't help that devs said that it wouldn't be coming until later this month, but I knew it was going to shake out just like when Horizons launched or any of my landings: rocky as all get-outin the start, and then things smooth out.

Hi @sallymorganmoore

I've been impressed with the amount of communication I've seen on this thread today, so fired up Odyssey for the first time in a few weeks to see how I got on and whether I might have anything useful to add.

Dunno whether anyone else has found this, I searched for an existing ticket but couldn't find one, but I'm having trouble with plotting a route in the GalMap. Specifically, I have two binds for 'select system', one on my HOTAS and one on my gamepad, but hovering over a system and trying to hold either bind to plot a route does nothing. If I hold the left mouse button it works fine.

Ticket raised here---> https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38195

You've worked very hard today and deserve a treat - here, have a sausages
1623336428613.png

Just to re-itterate.

There appears to be no ARX gains for infiltrating settlements, which is... roughly 80% of the new odyssey content (due to most of the missions being based on this stuff)

Could you possibly ask the designers if this is an oversight, intended design (and if so, what's the thinking behind it?) or something they plan to implement in the future?

Hello Sally,

I hope you can get around to commenting on this one, it seems like a pretty big ommision for the devs to make and I am hoping it is not by design. When they introduced ARX they said it would be something you earned just for playing the game, no matter what you were doing - then they failed to give you any for piracy -I really hope they don't fail to give us any for the part of the new expansion I actually play - it looks like using the shops, combat, and exploration get ARX, but not scavenging/infiltration - basically, the stuff you do in the Maverick Suit.

Top Bottom