Give us a pair of binoculars, please.

I would like to know if that blob on the horizon is something worth investigating. Must I huff and puff all the way there to find that it's just an oddly shaped rock and not an Osseus? I humbly accept the in-game restrictions of in-game technology (my dear geriatric labrador can [p***] farther than the genetic sampler's secondary fire-mode) but why can't I have a pair of binoculars? It shouldn't be a problem for the rendering engine?

~V

I would like to know if that blob on the horizon is something worth investigating. Must I huff and puff all the way there to find that it's just an oddly shaped rock and not an Osseus? I humbly accept the in-game restrictions of in-game technology (my dear geriatric labrador can [p***] farther than the genetic sampler's secondary fire-mode) but why can't I have a pair of binoculars? It shouldn't be a problem for the rendering engine?

~V

Scopes on the rifles... has anyone tried them for this?

Scopes on the rifles... has anyone tried them for this?

I found one scoped rifle on the shops. Funny enough, it's an oppressor. (So a gun which is not good at anything but really short range. ) And the zoom factor of the scop is "minimal". What it actually seems to do is that when you use it, it reduces your spread a bit.

And yes, i like the binocular idea. I even think to remember some picture of an Odyssey character holding one in one of the adds at some time. (Probably one of the weekly newsletter? Or is this now just my imagination fooling me? ) Having such an item would definitely make sense in this game.

That would be really nice Lyamecron... But I'd be happy with just a pair of surplus Soviet binoculars. I was curious if this might be a technical problem. Right now one needs to be around 200m above the surface in the ship to be able to see geological or biological features even though I have the render distance in the graphics options set all the way up to 11; when on foot I can barely see beyond 500 yards.

luke_2.jpg

Yes.

switch to external camera and zoom?..
that just will change FOV but won't add more details.
with more details that will hit performance significantly because, well, you know.

I'm on my way to Lyra's Song and only around 5K LY from the Bubble right now. I would gladly head back for a scoped rifle... I would love to get some feedback from fellow commanders with scoped rifles on the following:
1) Are scopes standard or must I grind for some engineer before he or she sells me one?
2) How far can you see? Could I distinguish a tussock on the horizon from a rock assuming the planet is roughly earth-radius?

Top Bottom