I would like a knife please.

In lieu of a suit-specific tool, the Dominator suit allows you to carry two primary weapons. That's neat, but what I think would be even more neat is if the Dominator had a combat knife as its "tool." Having a knife (and with it the ability to make a truly silent takedown) would make the Dominator an interesting choice outside of CZs, presenting an interesting alternative for stealthy assassination missions. I know you can just use your energy tool to overload an assassination target, but hear me out: what if zapping people only stunned them, making that a non-lethal takedown to avoid bounties (or for those CMDRs who try to avoid killing unless absolutely necessary)? So you'd use your zapper for non-lethal takedowns, and the knife for silent kills.

Im fine with zapping being lethal.
I mean...dont forget that we can punch or hit with our Weapon too. What if that would be a non-lethal takedown when you are undetected?

In lieu of a suit-specific tool, the Dominator suit allows you to carry two primary weapons. That's neat, but what I think would be even more neat is if the Dominator had a combat knife as its "tool." Having a knife (and with it the ability to make a truly silent takedown) would make the Dominator an interesting choice outside of CZs, presenting an interesting alternative for stealthy assassination missions. I know you can just use your energy tool to overload an assassination target, but hear me out: what if zapping people only stunned them, making that a non-lethal takedown to avoid bounties (or for those CMDRs who try to avoid killing unless absolutely necessary)? So you'd use your zapper for non-lethal takedowns, and the knife for silent kills.
Knife? Try chainsaw!

Seems like a difference without a distinction to me. What's the functional difference between the Energylink overcharge and a space knife? No Suit Battery Drain? No windup Time? It seems like you just want it to be easier to stealth kill.

And anyway, once you get a suppressed and audiomasked firearm, it's irrelevant.

In lieu of a suit-specific tool, the Dominator suit allows you to carry two primary weapons. That's neat, but what I think would be even more neat is if the Dominator had a combat knife as its "tool."
They'll give you a knife, but you'll have to unlock an engineer by bringing 20 Swiss Patents and 20 Ron Popeil Sales Ledgers to get a sharp one that can also be used as a nail file and screwdriver. At G5 it might even be serrated so you can eat steak with it, too.

It's a freaking staple of the fps genre to have a crappy melee weapon for stealth TDs or if you're out of ammo...

image.png

I'd honestly rather have a bayonet engineering effect if we're really going down this route. It can even obstruct the view like the Oppressor's scope. Balanced, as all things should be.

That would be a different engineer. Probably out at Colonia.

The perfect dinner party demands it. I won't have the guests insult my cutlery. Not again anyway, Sporks are fancy, but when you start bringing out the Fnorves, everyone looses their minds. Long story short, a few bloody tongues later, my inventing days are behind me.

a futuristic blade would be nice!

ie: vibroblades

im sure fdev could come up with their own version ;)

Top Bottom