I want my money back

Then you are screwed. Additionally, the launcher being open and downloading the update also counts as time played. Your refund was probably void before you even got the game open. Should've refunded during the pre-order period.

being you got it through steam im not sure contacting fdev would help ... but, you can always try talking with them first.

you do have paypal or your bank(which ever you used) that you can try to dispute the charge

Last edited:
Seems it´s not just me, everybody is screwed.

I paid for a complete add-on to a great game with a chance to play it in alpha stage. This was not advertised as an early access game. Now that Odyssey is released, and no longer in alpha or beta, I expect to get what I paid for: a finished product that I can enjoy.

How do you actually contact fdev?

Seems it´s not just me, everybody is screwed.

I paid for a complete add-on to a great game with a chance to play it in alpha stage. This was not advertised as an early access game. Now that Odyssey is released, and no longer in alpha or beta, I expect to get what I paid for: a finished product that I can enjoy.

How do you actually contact fdev?

pick the choice that fits your problem the best and then click on the "submit a request" square in that section

It’s tempting to drop a picture of a monkey in here and act like I misread the thread title. I won’t because I legitimately feel bad for the OP.

Sorry to hear that it’s not working out for you, Pat. If it makes you feel any better, we’re on two sides of the same coin; we’re both waiting for meaningful improvement in Odyssey. It may be a long wait.

Won’t bore you with details on my end; they don’t matter anyway. All the best, and i do hope you eventually find some value in the money you spent.

If your from the uk and assuming you’ve already made contact with steam and frontier on this subject regarding a refund and you find their responses unsatisfactory, next try the trading standards.

frontier replied to my request, no refund. buyer beware
try contacting steam directly about it(not the standard refund option), they should help you out with it. im almost doing it too and i heard other cmdrs had luck with it
brave of you trying to get help from the ones that delivered this mess in the first place.

I was tempted to ask refund myself after it got crystal clear that Odyssey wasn't in the condition it should have been. I decided not to do that, as I was sure it would be a hassle because of the whole hours played thing Steam takes only from the base game itself. It really isn't a consumer-friendly practice, especially with the kind of a game Elite is, where it might actually take time to see how badly broken it is. It's not only the terrible framerates, it's the broken rendering and missions as well.

What now?
I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but how about playing Odyssey? Exploration also works with a bad frame rate. Or you wait until autumn, by then they have to get the performance under control or the console start will also be a disaster

Contacted Steam, begging them to reconsider. I don't really think this is going to work.

Mostly just wanted to warn people that still have a chance to avoid this mess.

I really wanted to like this DLC.

As they say: NEVER PREORDER

Top Bottom