Termites

Termites live in colonies that reach into the thousands, and in the past Frontier has stated they want all their animals to be individuals. The two concepts don't mesh very well, unfortunately.

Would also like to see a Formicarium with Ants in it but the Problem with Ants and Termites is how the Game is scaled. They just wouldn't be visible. Unless there could maybe be something like a Magnifying Glass but as a Glass Panel🤔
I think it isn't very likely to see them in the Game for that Reason

Would also like to see a Formicarium with Ants in it but the Problem with Ants and Termites is how the Game is scaled. They just wouldn't be visible. Unless there could maybe be something like a Magnifying Glass but as a Glass Panel🤔
I think it isn't very likely to see them in the Game for that Reason
Once upon a time I suggested they could create a sort of scenery item/exhibit mix for small-scale animals like ants, termites, and bees, but those hopes were dashed with the reveal that "all animals must be individuals" (that was in relation to the "butterflies as special effects" idea).

Once upon a time I suggested they could create a sort of scenery item/exhibit mix for small-scale animals like ants, termites, and bees, but those hopes were dashed with the reveal that "all animals must be individuals" (that was in relation to the "butterflies as special effects" idea).
I still don't see how the Flys that appear when a dead Animal is laying around, are Individuals 😆
I think for something like Termites, Ants, Bees and maybe Naked Mole Rats it would be the best Solution to do it like it was done in Farm World (Game similar to the original Wildlife Park) and just put multiple Animals together as a small Swarm instead of having 10000 real Individuals walking or flying around in their Exhibit/Garden/Building

I still don't see how the Flys that appear when a dead Animal is laying around, are Individuals 😆
I think for something like Termites, Ants, Bees and maybe Naked Mole Rats it would be the best Solution to do it like it was done in Farm World (Game similar to the original Wildlife Park) and just put multiple Animals together as a small Swarm instead of having 10000 real Individuals walking or flying around in their Exhibit/Garden/Building
Hey man, I don't disagree with you. I'd love to see this kind of thing in the game, but the word from the CM's is that it's a no unless every animal can be an individual.

Hey man, I don't disagree with you. I'd love to see this kind of thing in the game, but the word from the CM's is that it's a no unless every animal can be an individual.
Luckily they also said they won't change the Polar Bear Requirements again and now we're getting a Update that finally makes them usable, so maybe we'll see Butterflys, Bees and hopefully also small Fish for Ponds and Hippo Enclosures one Day

Luckily they also said they won't change the Polar Bear Requirements again and now we're getting a Update that finally makes them usable, so maybe we'll see Butterflys, Bees and hopefully also small Fish for Ponds and Hippo Enclosures one Day
Maybe, but changing the requirements for the polar bear again is a matter of changing a few numbers rather than creating a whole new concept. I'd certainly still like to see butterflies as special effects especially but I don't have high hopes. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong, though.

Personally, I'm not interested in any kind of such small animals like termites, ants, worms, etc. They would be too small for the scale of the game. I prefer that Frontier devotes that time to create morw animals like the ones we already have (or flying birds). Maybe we could get an ant's nest as a prop though.

Personally, I'm not interested in any kind of such small animals like termites, ants, worms, etc. They would be too small for the scale of the game. I prefer that Frontier devotes that time to create morw animals like the ones we already have (or flying birds). Maybe we could get an ant's nest as a prop though.
My preferred option is basically a "moving prop" if that makes sense. So rather than a full exhibit setup it's just a facility that guests can look at and get an education boost from, but by making it an "ant colony" or "beehive" or "termite colony" it gives it more of a zoo-vibe. I wouldn't expect to have to give it any more thought than that, really.

My preferred option is basically a "moving prop" if that makes sense. So rather than a full exhibit setup it's just a facility that guests can look at and get an education boost from, but by making it an "ant colony" or "beehive" or "termite colony" it gives it more of a zoo-vibe. I wouldn't expect to have to give it any more thought than that, really.
Reminds me of the Termite Mounds in Ancestors. Just a good looking Termite Mound that has small moving Spots on it instead of fully modelled Termites. Would be nice if they would make a Formicarium like that

Top Bottom