Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3.01 | Horizons Update

Tach auch , dieses Update könnt Ihr getröst sonst wo hinschieben ,die nutzung eines SRV aufm Planeten ist nicht möglich ,die Missionsziele aufm Planeten sind nich da ,obwohl ich die Daten an der Navigationsboe abgefragt hatte und bei Ankunft auf dem Planeten verschwienden die Stellen einfach,mein Fazit ist Frontier hatt wieder mall Stark nachgelassen,so geht es nicht weiter,noch Fragen? Antworten werde ich wohl keine Bekommen ,denn es ist sowieso alles für die Geier.

Greetings Commanders.

At approximately 9:45 UTC/ 10:45 BST we deployed updates for both Elite Dangerous: Odyssey and Elite Dangerous: Horizons (all platforms), to address a number of priority issues.

Information on both updates can be found below.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons
  • General fixes to improve stability of the game have been implemented.
  • A moon has been reinstated in the Sharur system, which disappeared in Update 2 and caused issues for players trying to log into game whilst present in Sharur.

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
  • A fix has been implemented so that the scope of the manticore oppressor is no longer obscured.
  • A fix for a softlock when entering the CMDR panel via the access UI (due to the player being unable to back out) has been implemented.
  • A fix for the shuttle becoming stuck in a loop of docking requests when trying to land at a hostile settlement has been implemented.

Thank you all and have a great Friday.

See you in the black, Commanders o7

I am trying in good manners, with tickets and a lot of patience to solve the problem by myself. But nobody solves anything for me and patience is over.

I have been playing since day one, with the bugs and errors that are expected today in any game, assuming that I am a beta tester who also pays for the product in tests, a product that I admit is extraordinary and not easy to program. But since the last update I can't even start, only the "Orange Sidewinder" appears without stopping.

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.06.11 - 17.03.22.83.png

• I have verified Frontier Launcher files.
  • I have reinstalled the game on Steam.
  • I have rebooted the router.
  • I have deleted files from "appData"

I have no problems with any other game, my PC is powerful and still ...
- I did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2.

This is nothing serious, it starts to be insulting.

I am trying in good manners, with tickets and a lot of patience to solve the problem by myself. But nobody solves anything for me and patience is over.

I have been playing since day one, with the bugs and errors that are expected today in any game, assuming that I am a beta tester who also pays for the product in tests, a product that I admit is extraordinary and not easy to program. But since the last update I can't even start, only the "Orange Sidewinder" appears without stopping.

View attachment 239198

Email tech support. This was happening to me constantly and they had to relocate my commander to another system, irritating because I was about 20k out from the Bubble and they relocated me to somewhere in occupied space... but at least I could stop off and buy an explorer suit load out before heading out again.

Seriously, email tech support.

Email tech support. This was happening to me constantly and they had to relocate my commander to another system, irritating because I was about 20k out from the Bubble and they relocated me to somewhere in occupied space... but at least I could stop off and buy an explorer suit load out before heading out again.

Seriously, email tech support.

Thanks friend, but where do we find the email support option? Do you remember that email?

Tach also, you can comfortably push this update somewhere else, the use of an SRV on the planet is not possible, the mission goals on the planet are not there, although I had queried the data on the navigational gouge and when I arrive on the planet the places simply disappear, My conclusion is Frontier had again strongly decreased, so it can't go on, any questions? I won't get any answers, because it's all for the vultures anyway.

Tach also, you can comfortably push this update somewhere else, the use of an SRV on the planet is not possible, the mission goals on the planet are not there, although I had queried the data on the navigational gouge and when I arrive on the planet the places simply disappear, My conclusion is Frontier had again strongly decreased, so it can't go on, any questions? I won't get any answers, because it's all for the vultures anyway.

I think you might be describing an issue I had the other day. It’s strange. Could you add your voice to the issue tracker?

Me and my friend keep getting thrown into difirent instances when we land on planets etc.
This should really be a priority fix.

Anyone has a solution for this or is it random bug ?
Waiting for all the suggestions to be a proper gamer and not have friends.

Me and my friend keep getting thrown into difirent instances when we land on planets etc.
This should really be a priority fix.

Anyone has a solution for this or is it random bug ?
Make sure you don't have different missions to the same place. It seems the game forces separate instances in this situation to ensure both of you can actually do your missions (ie, one doesn't make it impossible for the other).

Throw one over, Aewarin! If it feels suddenly unusual for standard gameplay then a report is no problem to pop in. Thanks!
Hey, spent a night on missions..some mess is still going:
Massacre mission - kill everybody 21 men. Done, however counter says 20/21. Radar shows nobody alive. Last one said "just u and me left". Ok, well...maybe guns? - Killed all guns - nope... ok, relog. Counter shows 0/21. Everybody alive in city. Canceled mission. Flying away to another system to interstellar to pay off bounties. They say "you have no bounties". After relog docked got 1/2 of bounties about on ship, they still can't see it.
Despite, reputation is broken, bounties are in list, original system - wanted status.
Sooo ...if you gona rollback mission progress for any reason (disconnects maybe?) then you should rollback consequences too. Otherwise there is no point to even try those because any single moment "Yellow adder" may come and u done - mission restarted but u're lost a lot already.

Upd: below I was remained to check terminal, I did prior departure. It said - no personnel on base present.

P.S. that city was half-under ground, could enter doors only crouched, if rotate head a little it would draw properly inside building, then head back and building is filled half of snow again.

P.P.S. oh, i think there is a mess with icons too ... "administrative" tab icons 2 where u pay own fees (shields), same icons for "interstellar" is to get reward (shields again), and pay fee is something like couple books ...dunno. That is additional topic on forum about icons. In short - remove all of them, return words.

P.P.P.S. And in ship terminal can be mouse clicked, and mouse cursor is visible. On foot terminal mouse rotates head, moves current focus on buttons and no cursor ...it's a mess.

Last edited:
Massacre mission - kill everybody 21 men. Done, however counter says 20/21. Radar shows nobody alive. Last one said "just u and me left". Ok, well...maybe guns? - Killed all guns - nope... ok, relog. Counter shows 0/21. Everybody alive in city. Canceled mission. Flying away to another system to interstellar to pay off bounties. They say "you have no bounties". After relog docked got 1/2 of bounties about on ship, they still can't see it.
Check the staff lists. Radar won't help if the NPCs are out of range. That's how I completed my massacre mission.
If that doesn't help, then there's definitely an issue.

Could you please let us know if there are any plans or efforts for changing the mindless boring and broken grind (both ship and srv) to some actual meaningful fun gameplay? Logging on and off to farm mats in literally any other game is considered cheating yet you guys seem to think its just fine. Mindless grinding is not gameplay and honestly it feels like thats the only gameplay loop elite has which is ridiculously sad.

Also missions need to tie into each other. It feels like im playing 3 different games here instead of something cohesive.
Well, you could have been out there exploring the salvation storyline. There were combat cgs last week. Do some trading, hunt some bounties, assasinate a politician, disable an installation, explore in the black, kill a thargoid, restore a station to full health, support a faction...tons to do....have 83 weeks ingame....never bored....just ed off about bugs

View attachment 239198

if its not just a case of going to the frontier launcher options and using the log off machine function (refreshes cloud assets)
then ya you've tried everything :unsure:

Greetings Commanders.

At approximately 9:45 UTC/ 10:45 BST we deployed updates for both Elite Dangerous: Odyssey and Elite Dangerous: Horizons (all platforms), to address a number of priority issues.

Information on both updates can be found below.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons
  • A moon has been reinstated in the Sharur system, which disappeared in Update 2 and caused issues for players trying to log into game whilst present in Sharur.

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
  • A fix has been implemented so that the scope of the manticore oppressor is no longer obscured.
  • A fix for a softlock when entering the CMDR panel via the access UI (due to the player being unable to back out) has been implemented.
  • A fix for the shuttle becoming stuck in a loop of docking requests when trying to land at a hostile settlement has been implemented.

Thank you all and have a great Friday.

See you in the black, Commanders o7
Basicly 3.01 update fixed what went wrong with 3.00. That is great of you guys to act on it so fast. Thank you.

6 years in and still not grinding. I get all mats easily through normal gameplay, what's the rush? There's no "endgame" you have to be first to complete to "win". It's a sandbox. Join a wing and get 50 million per mission and as many mats as you can eat.

This ^
Folks looking for game loops will be disappointed, All the game loops are made in your own imagination.

Top Bottom