Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm totally not butthurt, I'm enjoying the quality gameplay of collecting colorful ships atm:
1623445106567-png.239193
I think you made a mistake.
This post needs to moved to the thread about repetitions and copy-paste issues.

Aaaand... I've had the 6th one.
I gave up after the error message and clicked the exit button, only to see this:
1623446035281.png

Had to use the task mgr to kill the process.

Strange, I was under the impression that a working "exit" procedure should be a standard function of every computer program, but what do I know.

I gave up after the error message and clicked the exit button, only to see this:
View attachment 239199

Strange, I was under the impression that a working "exit" procedure should be a standard function of every computer program, but what do I know.
But hey, nice framerate you got there.

Sorry, don't want to mock you.

Interlude:
I think SRV physics may give it too much traction...

This is what I get when I turn turret 90 degrees right.

kcpFRl5.jpg

And ED is VERY precise in saving / resuming your location.
This is how I left the game and after resuming SRV was perfectly steady.
I was expecting it will just start sliding down.

wPfEpEq.jpg

Interlude:
I think SRV physics may give it too much traction...

This is what I get when I turn turret 90 degrees right.

kcpFRl5.jpg
Speaking of SRV's...

I recorded the following gem yesterday in Horizons: water worlds confirmed!
Source: https://youtu.be/pUEJwbMrtrA

It's actually not even 1 bug but 2 at the same time: not only did my SRV sink into the surface mesh, but the place was a "tip off" mission site - the cherry on top was the total lack of the crashed ship that should have been there according to the mysterious stranger's message. :)

BTW the surface mesh thing is actually an ages old bug, here's an old footage from 2017:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNmkNTBhszc

Apparently 3.5 years was not enough to fix it (typical fdev).

I 100% believe the main issue that is mentioned on glassdoor, that the top level at FD are a cadre who in their own eyes can do no wrong and live in an echo chamber, and if you're not in the club you're nobody. No wonder this led to zero effort releases and utter incompetence. Keep the devs, they've done nothing wrong, look at the directors.
Anybody who has seen the interactions Harry had with their QC lead in his DMs a couple years ago would know this take is 100% accurate. Very bad culture at that company, and that's why we can't trust them to deliver on any promises.
I mean, we could see with our own eyes even in the CM demo how janky it was. The response was "not to worry pre-Alpha yadda yadda". And I believed them. 🤦‍♂️
I took a lot of flak even around my own squadron for insisting that the state of the CM demo and later the alpha were representative of the final product. "How could you possibly know that?" "FDev is saying..." Yeah, right.

FDev releases betas as a form of marketing, not because they plan to fix issues from the betas. The only things they fixed from the fleet carrier beta were data entry issues that were so out of whack they must have been intentionally borked just so they could show off how they listened to us and "fixed" them: cost structure for the carrier amenities, and the length of the count-down timer. Some guy cut/pasted a cell on a spreadsheet to fix each of those issues. All other major beta bugs made it to release over the course of previous beta runs. Some persist to this day.

The Odyssey "alpha" was only called an alpha because "Alpha" carries more prestige than "Beta" and they wanted to sell more early access passes.

Trash company pushing increasingly trash product. Glad they're getting the 2021 treatment for this behavior post-Cyberpunk, but let's be honest, it's nothing new for them. I'd bet good money they're actually surprised at the response to their traditional level of competence.

Not anymore.

During my first 3000 hours I was the whitest of knights.
Then I became more aware of bugs.
Bugs that were never fixed.
Radio silence from Fdev about bugs.

currently tens of thousands of bugs on the issue tracker

Then Frontier turning to publishing and new IP.

It's Frontier's right to change focus. And mine to realize what Frontier has become.

Sean Murray's game might not be a Commander's cup of tea. BUT HE OBVIOUSLY LOVES HIS GAME.

There is a dialectic between game creators and those who choose to live in the game creators' worlds. Creators delight in making stuff and Users love exploring and manipulating them. Ideally it's a two way street.

There is no dialectic between Frontier and the Commander. Commanders get what they get, bugs and all. Frontier determines which bugs get fixed. Frontier determines when and if bugs get fixed. There is never an apology for having knowingly wasted our time.

Community Managers are used as underpaid Meat Shields in order to sustain the illusion that Frontier Management is listening. Anyone else notice the Community Manager turnover rate? I miss Ed!!!!

So no, I am not conditioned.
I wish Frontier well on it's way to being a corporate giant. I had a lot of fun playing Elite Dangerous and surely got my money's worth.

But alas, parting is inevitable.

o7
Couldn't have said it better, myself, Slange. Will miss running into you in the game and community, but Elite is definitely done. o7 for the last time, CMDR.
That sounds like a good game. A great game. You should make it.

Meanwhile, we'll play the game FDev made.
*sold. The game FDev sold. Because they have not completed making it, clearly, since they skipped the step where they ship it in a functional state.

This bug is ancient, too, just like your clipping through ground bug. FDev quality!

I can't even relog, cos pressing escape is bound to the menu exit button that isn't working. While in most other parts of the game, escape brings up the game menu no matter what else you are doing...task kill time, <leepicsigh>

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this get released? HOW? I'm so disappointed I want to cry. I even gave it three weeks before trying and it's still utterly unplayable.
Wow, just wow… what a drama queen. You really need to give it a rest. Perhaps play something soothing.

Wow, just wow… what a drama queen. You really need to give it a rest. Perhaps play something soothing.
if someone has paid for a product and is not happy what he paid for he can give his opinion, isn't it?

I understand that you always pay for something that you are dissatisfied with, then you say "I'm not going to be a drama queen I take another 40 bucks and go spend it on something else", then again and again until you find something you're happy after spending 4000$

if someone has paid for a product and is not happy what he paid for he can give his opinion, isn't it?

I understand that you always pay for something that you are dissatisfied with, then you say "I'm not going to be a drama queen I take another 40 bucks and go spend it on something else", then again and again until you find something you're happy after spending 4000$
If my dog dies, I cry. If a game I play since 4000 h erases my profile, I am angry.
If a game I purchased is buggy as hell, I guess I'm also angry.
But such strong emotions for a videogame are a little bit unhealthy. Or other problems need a ventile. Its none of my business, but maybe its best to grab some nearby cmdrs and go for a beer RL.

If my dog dies, I cry. If a game I play since 4000 h erases my profile, I am angry.
If a game I purchased is buggy as hell, I guess I'm also angry.
But such strong emotions for a videogame are a little bit unhealthy. Or other problems need a ventile. Its none of my business, but maybe its best to grab some nearby cmdrs and go for a beer RL.
do you really belive that someone who writes: "AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this get released? HOW? I'm so disappointed I want to cry"
does really do that?
have you missed that hyperbole part?

lol

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom