Release EDSY - The ship outfitting tool formerly known as E:D Shipyard; reimagined, redesigned, reborn

I cannot find AX Multi-Cannons in EDSY, am I missing something?
---
Edit: Disregard. I just found them.
They're under the heading "EXP - ANTI-XENO", along with the AX Missile Racks.
Any updates on the EDEngineer export? I'm in the process of building several ships and fully engineering some more so this would help a ton! Thanks!
It's still on the list but I haven't had a lot of time for development lately, and it's been awhile since I followed up. The last I recall, I had requested that EDEngineer support identifying blueprints by their official FD API/Journal tokens rather than Coriolis' arbitrary identifiers, but I don't think that's been changed yet.

I'm getting a repeating 'a new version available' pop-up on Chrome mobile, both after pressing OK and refreshing the page. Is there anything special I must do?

Updated to v3.7.5.8:
  • added pre-double-engineered modules as built-in saved modules, appearing with a yellow tint in the module browser
They also seem to be in a different font and/or slightly larger than the existing modules, or do I need to get my eyes tested / more coffee?

I'm getting a repeating 'a new version available' pop-up on Chrome mobile, both after pressing OK and refreshing the page. Is there anything special I must do?
Clicking OK is supposed to clear the cache so you get all the latest files, but it relies on the forceGet parameter to location.reload() which, I've just read, is supported in Firefox but not Chrome. On desktop you could also use ctrl-F5 to "force refresh", but I'm not sure what the equivalent is on mobile. Is there a browser option to clear cache?
They also seem to be in a different font and/or slightly larger than the existing modules, or do I need to get my eyes tested / more coffee?
Yes, stored modules are written in a different font because I figured people might care about distinguishing uppercase/lowercase letters in their custom saved module names. Stock modules are printed in the game's all-caps font.

Exporting a build with the pre-engineered FSD as a target build to Inara shows the FSD as a legacy level 4 (instead of 5) module on Inara. I‘m not sure if the export or Inara is wrong.

Exporting a build with the pre-engineered FSD as a target build to Inara shows the FSD as a legacy level 4 (instead of 5) module on Inara. I‘m not sure if the export or Inara is wrong.
That's probably a question for Artie. As far as I can see, the export of that module shows "BlueprintName":"FSD_LongRange", "Level":5.

That's probably a question for Artie. As far as I can see, the export of that module shows "BlueprintName":"FSD_LongRange", "Level":5.
Artie noticed the blueprint quality is 0% for the pre-engineered FSD in my export. The default quality for the pre-engineered FSD is “N/A” on EDSY which I didn’t notice. Selecting a blueprint for a module sets the grade to 5 and 100%, didn’t realize the pre-engineered module is different.

Clicking OK is supposed to clear the cache so you get all the latest files, but it relies on the forceGet parameter to location.reload() which, I've just read, is supported in Firefox but not Chrome. On desktop you could also use ctrl-F5 to "force refresh", but I'm not sure what the equivalent is on mobile. Is there a browser option to clear cache?

Yes, stored modules are written in a different font because I figured people might care about distinguishing uppercase/lowercase letters in their custom saved module names. Stock modules are printed in the game's all-caps font.
Just wanted you to know that it has fixed itself on Chrome mobile after i left it alone for several days.

Artie noticed the blueprint quality is 0% for the pre-engineered FSD in my export. The default quality for the pre-engineered FSD is “N/A” on EDSY which I didn’t notice. Selecting a blueprint for a module sets the grade to 5 and 100%, didn’t realize the pre-engineered module is different.
IIRC, 0% quality is how the game itself indicates "legacy" modules, i.e. those that were engineered back when roll results were totally random rather than progressing through a "quality" bar. So, since double-engineered modules are kind of similar (their actual modified attributes do not correspond to any quality level of any single blueprint, or even the 100% quality of both blueprints at once), EDSY handles them just like "legacy" modules: each individual attribute modifier is handled individually, rather than trying to derive them from the blueprint definition and quality level.

All that said, if Artie has an argument for why these modules should be exported differently somehow, I'm happy to talk with him about it. :)

Updated to v3.7.5.8:
  • added pre-double-engineered modules as built-in saved modules, appearing with a yellow tint in the module browser
  • added a mouseover popup for the full build name in case it's truncated in the Shipyard table (thanks CMDR Heegs Fellowes!)

Thank you so much for adding this - just noticed a moment ago it was added and started looking here for a change log to see when it was added/if it said when.

Now, I can go back through and re-name a bunch of my builds! lol

First of all, thanks for the great tool helping CMDRs fitting their ships. Orzz

I have a dumb question, is there any particular reason that builds imported from Inara keep having the thruster powered off?

At first i was thinking due to some of my builds are power-tight (over 100%), but then I noticed even with those <100% also have their thruster imported off in EDSY.

I have a dumb question, is there any particular reason that builds imported from Inara keep having the thruster powered off?

At first i was thinking due to some of my builds are power-tight (over 100%), but then I noticed even with those <100% also have their thruster imported off in EDSY.
That's a strange bug; could you send me (PM, email, discord, whatever) the export you're getting from Inara so I can try to reproduce it?

Builds are stored locally in your browser's "localStorage", which is like a cookie but designed specifically for this sort of thing. So you can safely "clear cookies" without losing your builds, but in most browsers there's a more comprehensive clear-history function which will wipe out localStorage, and that will erase your builds.

As such no, they're not automatically visible on any other machine (or other browser on the same machine), precisely because that kind of server-side storage and account infrastructure would be much more complicated to set up and more expensive to host. But there is an export function for a single build, and a backup-all-data button for all builds at once, which you can use to migrate between machines or browsers.
I have figured out the backup all and restore button in the help tab. But is there a magic button to delete all builds which I may have missed out?

If you are landed on a planet.. your thrusters are off

If you are landed on a planet.. your thrusters are off
Arrr, that's make sense then! No wonder my so-called "issue" gone recently as i have been sinking CRs in H.Res in the past weekend, no planet landing at all.

Thanks for clearing this up Orzz. And my apologies to DEVs for the trouble.

Updated to v3.7.5.8:
  • added a mouseover popup for the full build name in case it's truncated in the Shipyard table (thanks CMDR Heegs Fellowes!)

There looks to be a difference in-game with how double engineering affects the 3A shield generator. From the CG text in March: "a fully engineered class 3 rating A Shield Generator with thermal and kinetic resistance"

This is how EDSY is reporting it (correctly based on the description):

1633552499595.png

But in-game it's showing as this:

1633552520245.png

So there's a large increase in the power draw...

Not sure if this has always been the case, so I can't tell whether it's a game bug or a "feature" that wasn't reported in the original text.

Updated to v3.8.3.1:
  • added pre-double-engineered 3A, 4A, and 6A FSDs (thanks for the patch Kestrel)
  • added right-click to decrement slot power priorities (thanks for the patch Kestrel)
  • fixed pre-double-engineered 3A Shield Generator missing +40% power draw (thanks oztrich)
  • fixed Guardian HRP, SRP, and MRP allowing normal power configuration; they are actually locked at priority 1 and cannot be disabled (thanks HarlinQuinn)
  • fixed ctrl-drag to copy modules in Chrome (thanks for the patch Kestrel)

Top Bottom