CM Communication

What we need is CM Communion!

iu

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Morning Zac, what happened with respect to the issue tracker? There was talk of it being looked at in regards of making it better?

It's gone a bit quiet.....

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Morning Zac, what happened with respect to the issue tracker? There was talk of it being looked at in regards of making it better?

It's gone a bit quiet.....

All still ticking internally. What we're also working on is being more visible on the things that have made it through that we are aware of and working on. Again, likely to be kicked off on the dev stream at the end of the month.

Oh, I read the previous answer too just now.

So: not a priority because of Odyssey.

Before Odyssey it was not a priority because of Beyond.

And before that, not a priority because of Horizons.

But you say Powerplay will have some space during a livestream at the end of the month, probably to tell us live it's not a priority and we should deal with it considering that I do not believe things changed in the last 6 years.

SIX YEARS.

See? This is what's utterly wrong with how you communicate. You still try to create "hype" for a game mechanic which has been basically released botched since day one, where lots of players have invested anyway their time looking desperately for a MMO-ish way to play this game, and which has been deliberately neglected for SIX YEARS.

But you are bold enough to say: not a priority, but we will talk about that at the end of the month.

To tell us what, exactly, I do not know, that we will have to stick like this for the next two years but it will be eventually updated?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Oh, I read the previous answer too just now.

So: not a priority because of Odyssey.

Before Odyssey it was not a priority because of Beyond.

And before that, not a priority because of Horizons.

But you say Powerplay will have some space during a livestream at the end of the month, probably to tell us live it's not a priority and we should deal with it considering that I do not believe things changed in the last 6 years.

SIX YEARS.

See? This is what's utterly wrong with how you communicate. You still try to create "hype" for a game mechanic which has been basically released botched since day one, where lots of players have invested anyway their time looking desperately for a MMO-ish way to play this game, and which has been deliberately neglected for SIX YEARS.

But you are bold enough to say: not a priority, but we will talk about that at the end of the month.

To tell us what, exactly, I do not know, that we will have to stick like this for the next two years but it will be eventually updated?

I think it is perfectly ok to not expect a revolution in PP at all. As you say by all accounts PP is still not a priority, and now more than ever probably for a good reason.

Still, I think it is cool that FDEV has the guts to get on camera and reconfirm/admit it, like the VR news. If what happens in the livestream means instead that some areas of PP get improved including some of the ideas discussed with Sandro, then great. But not expecting a revolution at all is indeed probably wise.

Last edited:
I think it is perfectly ok to not expect a revolution in PP at all. As you say by all accounts PP is still not a priority, and now more than ever probably for a good reason.

Still, I think it is cool that FDEV has the guts to get on camera and reconfirm/admit it, like the VR news. If what happens in the livestream means instead that some areas of PP get improved including some of the ideas discussed with Sandro, then great. But not expecting a revolution at all is indeed probably wise.
The focused feedback is from... How much... Three years ago? Maybe four? Understand me and the Powerplay community: at some point we've been promised improvements, the Devs did let us down much more than every other sub-community of the game ever had experience of. And at this point I think I've got some right to feel fooled around, especially being part of the leadership of my Power and giving people (my people and the people we go against) the content that the developers themselves never had the interest of giving to the players.

But hey: maybe you are right.

Maybe we should feel grateful at least to hear from their very own voices that Frontier don't want to make Elite Dangerous an interesting, balanced and fair MMO where people can compete against each other. Maybe it could be a wake-up call at least for that part of the community that is not interested in just taking some cool screenshots, which is basically the current main gameplay feature in the game (because a focused feedback on the vanity cam was a priority, apparently... One month of BGS broken ticks and conflicts bugging, and the vanity cam was a priority), considering how much Powerplay and BGS too now are utterly broken for the first time in years I really have to force myself to start the game, mostly to check my Power priorities.

We all hoped Beyond should have been the opportunity to fix Elite Dangerous, to make it ready for Odyssey.

But the game wasn't fixed at all, it became even more unbalanced (mining and the new engineers with their absurdly high mods to cover the god rolls...).

I play the game since months before Horizons was even released and concerning balancement and engagement the game got worse, update after update. This is a great issue, and most old-time players probably think the same, but hey: that's not a good thing to say in the forums, better have the stellar screenshot competition every week and fix the vanity cam as a priority.

Oh, please.

Last edited:

The issue will always be making long lasting and complete game loops to keep people playing. At some point people will want a cause, and might want more than what the BGS can do.

Powerplay when it works brings all the game together, and draws on huge amounts of disparate skills. If FD want ED to keep on bringing in the coin its going to need features like Powerplay working rather than being dysfunctional.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The issue will always be making long lasting and complete game loops to keep people playing. At some point people will want a cause, and might want more than what the BGS can do.

Powerplay when it works brings all the game together, and draws on huge amounts of disparate skills. If FD want ED to keep on bringing in the coin its going to need features like Powerplay working rather than being dysfunctional.
I hear you. With you on this indeed.

That would mean that Frontier really want to make the game competitive, possibly with more a focus over the ability of the players to complete more difficult tasks than their stubbornness on completing countless easy tasks.

Which would be something completely different in how this game has been developed until now.

Honestly at this point I would be ok with just systems turmoiling singularly, at least we could say goodbye to 5C. But with the current game loops... Well... Powerplay will be botted as hell as it used to in the "good old days".

That would mean that Frontier really want to make the game competitive, possibly with a focus over the ability of the players to complete more difficult tasks than their stubbornness on completing countless easy tasks.

Which would be something completely different in how this game has been developed until now.

Honestly at this point I would be ok with just systems turmoiling singularly, at least we could say goodbye to 5C. But with the current game loops... Well... Powerplay will be botted as hell as it used to in the "good old days".
It depends on how FD view the game and if they see it whole or a collection of features.

Powerplay was supposed to be the flashy counterpart to the BGS (which at the time was primitive) but over time Powerplay was just left and the BGS grew and was shown dev time.

Today Powerplay lives as a pale shadow of the BGS, so FD need to ask themselves "what is Powerplay for?". It would be stupid to try and duplicate the BGS again, because what audience is it attracting? FD need to give Powerplay a place in Elite now that is apart from the BGS and gives something the rest of the game does not do.

FD have all the answers, they just lack the courage to follow them through. I mean, that first proposal (the one from Discord) must still be knocking about under someones coffee mug....

Top Bottom