What other games are we all playing?

I is confused. I was talking liberating and collecting paychecks. With shotguns.
What was that? I can't hear you over the sound of all this tactical superiority.

Ah PS2. What a game... Almost went back a couple months ago, but decided against it when it requested to install Battleye.

It's mad that it's still pretty much the only game in its genre.
Yeah it scratches a very particular itch that nothing else I've seen has managed. Sometime you're in the mood to just be dropped into a big crazy war.

What was that? I can't hear you over the sound of all this tactical superiority.
You'll be first against the wall come the continent lock! Or maybe not. We'll probably do the purple weirdos first come to think of it.

Yeah it scratches a very particular itch that nothing else I've seen has managed. Sometime you're in the mood to just be dropped into a big crazy war.
I have played nothing that compares to the multiplatoon operations in this. The time I spent playing with the Jesters outfit on Cobalt ranks as some of my fondest gaming memories ever. The numbers, the organisation, the chaos when 3-way fights erupt, the tower assaults, the scatmax, the noobtube, the Esamir tank battles (before Wallamir), the betty+AT mine combo, the lock-on rage tells, the giraffe camo, the phoenix, the memes, the Crown...

I really hope the franchise does live on. It's still doing its own thing now, but at some point it'll be well due a modern redesign.

Odyssey's FPS action got me craving for a little trip back to Warframe. My Kuva Quartakk still tears into things just as I remembered. ♥️

Just getting back into the rhythm now (and cooking Octavia Prime), but will take a look at the revamped Railjack then.

My son has just come to me raving about Phasmaphobia saying we should play it together.

Anyone played? Thoughts?

We played Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight together but neither of those really grabbed me, but also in part because of balance issues I found offputting, although the concepts themselves were quite cool.

Any "must haves" on the Steam Summer Sale? I just grabbed my X4 DLC! Unfortunately Rebirth is not on sale, but I can wait (VR is more of a winter sport for me anyhow).

OK just started a new X4 game, haven't played any of the 2 DLCs yet, figured might as well start off a new human story, have to check settings, getting massive lag when I get out of the pilot's chair and move to the elevator.

It's that time of year again... so with the day off, I played Golf.

In particular, the Army, Pirate, and Pinball Golf variants. ;)

Army Golf: in the rough off to the left... then right... then left... then right
Pirate Golf: scream Arrrrgh! after every swing
Pinball Golf: bounce the ball off of several trees before coming to a stop five yards in front of you

You Sir, are a bad man. You're more bad than anybody here ... to post a video like that is terrible. ... I'm going to have to reload my mwo to see if mw5 is in my future and you've shown me the future is fun

Last edited:
New World (Amazon MMO)

I got into the alpha test phase of this a week ago. Aside from a few rounds in Escape from Tarkov, I've played New World ever since.

This is the first MMO I've played since quitting Eve Online several years ago. I'm not terribly knowledgeable on the MMO scene otherwise, dabbled with Warcraft and ESO several years ago but they didnt grab me.

This game is a lot of fun. Very pretty and has mountains of lore to grab you in. The crafting system is very well developed alongside the ways you hunt or gather the absolute glut of materials available in the world. It's fairly understandable work, use what you have, craft better, collect faster, upgrade your stuff, collect more and faster sort of affair.
The combat is hugely varied also, the game is set in roughly approx 1600s to 1700s, so the weapons available at the time are there, muskets, swords, rappers, hammers etc. There is also a magical set of weapons including staff of various types and magical gauntlets of varying sorts. All the weapons have skill trees available in them and each weapon plays very differently to others. The combat itself is satisfying and meaty, I personally use muskets and spear. One gives a ranged option and the other a good close in option.

The audio is brilliant in this I have to say, they have put alot of effort into making the world Audibly rich and immersive.

There is also opt in PvP flagging if people dont want that they can untick the PvP flag at any time. You get a boost to XP though if you have it on, I left it on all the time I've played and never been killed yet outside of trouble ive started myself. The alpha community seems quite PvE focussed I'd say. That will likely change with Main release at a guess.

Overall this is a very strong, interesting and satisfying game from Amazon. It's a flat one time purchase with a cash shop for cosmetics and quality of life bits, personally I haven't seen the cash shop aspect yet as it's not implemented yet. There was some hoo haa about them doing this a few months ago but considering it's one time price and the quality overall I woildnt begrudge a few quid here and there personally.

Anyone played this? It looks pretty good... a bit rough around the edges graphically, but an interesting premise and looks like quite a bit of fun. Also it supports VR.

(my Quest 2 has arrived, and I'm simply blown away by it. Need a better strap, but I was surprised just how much of a step up from the CV1 it is)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEdW8FxaAM
Oh wow it has reached 1.0

Was great fun in the beta but haven't played it for years due to the people I was a crew with having kids and disappearing of the face of gaming,

Really captured the small ship crew experience al Fire Fly mixed with Star Trek exploration and beaming down to a planet or over to a ship to explore and figure out the mission.

Top Bottom