Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

Predefined bindings are buried in the game files (specifically, in "%LocalAppData%\Frontier_Developments\Products\<name-of-the-game>\ControlSchemes"; note the underscore in Frontier_Developments).

That is not always correct. The preset control schemes directory lives under your installation path - in my case under Program Files (x96)\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products etc.

I know some people have had the game installed in the "users" tree and of course Steam users have it under their SteamLibrary tree and Epic in another place. So, just pointing out that your "specifically" is not the definitive situation, in fact Frontier calls that an "alternative installation":

Last edited:
That is not always correct. The preset control schemes directory lives under your installation path - in my case under Program Files (x96)\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products etc.

I know some people have had the game installed in the "users" tree and of course Steam users have it under their SteamLibrary tree and Epic in another plae. So, just pointing out that your "specifically" is not the definitive situation, in fact Frontier calls that an "alternative installation":

Additionally I always upload all the game’s default bindings files each time an update comes around.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this. Just mounted a couple of Virpil Constellation Alphas and this database made finding community examples a breeze and a great point to start from for my own binds. Very much appreciated.

Just came back to the game this week after a long hiatus, and came across your tool. Great work!
I tried using it, and got the dreaded message of unsupport though :) Code is "aogcmt"
I'm using a pair of Saitek Cyborg Evo sticks.
Thanks for your hard work on this!

I'd like to first thank you for such a wonderful utility, it's been a great resource for relearning binds as I've upgraded HOTAS hardware over the years! I would however like to report an unsupported device: a Gladiator MKII upgraded to a Gladiator K with a left-handed Kosmosima SCG Premium grip, reference is "fiwibt".

Reference: eetsft

Setup: HOSAS
Left Stick: VIRPIL VPC Constellation ALPHA-L
Right Stick: Thrustmaster Warthog Stick

Result:
eetsft-warthog.jpg

OK, to close the loop, Slion did submit a PR to my site so I take that part of it back.
Of course I did 😁 thanks for merging it back. My totally legit hosting of edrefcard is mostly for development purposes and early access. Though all features have been merged back to the upstream fork so there should be no need to use it at the moment it is also rather outdated and missing all of this year changes.

Hmm, it looks like we have a device ID conflict, possibly from VPC's software? The contributor who added the Constellation grips specified IDs of 03EB2046 for left and 03EB2048 for right, with custom varations of 03EB9901 left and 03EB9902 right. And the WarBRD Delta is 03EB2042 left and 03EB2044 right.

Are the device IDs programmable? If so, conforming them to the above would fix things, although you would need to adjust the IDs in the bindings file to match (just search and replace). I can't change them on the server without breaking support for the WarBRD.
Thanks - I'll take a look at what the VPC software will let me do.

It may be due to Virpil's modularity - the WarBRD is the base, which can be combined with either of the sticks - Delta, Alpha L/R, whatever.
@Korben

Yes Virpil's device IDs can be changed, both VID and PID and so does the buttons and axis mapping. That is both a blessing and curse. What's also unfortunate is that Virpil was totally inconsistent as per which default PID they were giving to their devices, there was overlaps, like different sticks would get the same PID and then it changed between firmware versions too. It looks like they never had a plan to make sure people with the same hardware would default to the same PID. VID seems to be consistent though and remains 03EB.

So for EdRefCard to recognize your Virpil hardware and map actions properly you need to:
  • Make sure the PID is set correctly.
  • Use the expected axis and buttons mapping profile configuration matching the given PID.

Neither are guaranteed to work following Virpils firmware upgrade as they are known to be rather inconsistent.
After changing your PID to match the ones from EdRefCard you will need to do a search and replace in the ED config files too.

Here are the IDs of the hardware profile I contributed as defined in EdRefCard to date:
VPC-WarBRD-DELTA-Left: 03EB2042
VPC-WarBRD-DELTA-Right: 03EB2044
VPC-ALPHA-Left: 03EB2046
VPC-ALPHA-Right: 03EB2048
VPC-ALPHA-Left-Custom: 03EB9901
VPC-ALPHA-Right-Custom: 03EB9902

Both Delta and Alpha are using the once default Virpil mapping which should still work unless Virpil changed it.
There is also a couple of custom profiles for Alphas which I made up as explained there.

Related links:

Thank you for this brilliant peice of kit.
Im now getting unrecognized control reference "asfwgo" this will be a full new set Virple Alpha, throttle and panel1
keep up the good work we really do appreciate it

Thank you for this brilliant peice of kit.
Im now getting unrecognized control reference "asfwgo" this will be a full new set Virple Alpha, throttle and panel1
keep up the good work we really do appreciate it
You need to set the expected IDs, see my post above.

First, great tool there! Hat off to the developer~!!

I have just tried to generate my Refcard , but seem the tool cannot recognize my Saitek Cyborg 3d Rumble Force joystick . Hope it can be added in the future (I know its old )

Thank you.

@Korben

Yes Virpil's device IDs can be changed, both VID and PID and so does the buttons and axis mapping. That is both a blessing and curse. What's also unfortunate is that Virpil was totally inconsistent as per which default PID they were giving to their devices, there was overlaps, like different sticks would get the same PID and then it changed between firmware versions too. It looks like they never had a plan to make sure people with the same hardware would default to the same PID. VID seems to be consistent though and remains 03EB.

So for EdRefCard to recognize your Virpil hardware and map actions properly you need to:
  • Make sure the PID is set correctly.
  • Use the expected axis and buttons mapping profile configuration matching the given PID.

Neither are guaranteed to work following Virpils firmware upgrade as they are known to be rather inconsistent.
After changing your PID to match the ones from EdRefCard you will need to do a search and replace in the ED config files too.

Here are the IDs of the hardware profile I contributed as defined in EdRefCard to date:
VPC-WarBRD-DELTA-Left: 03EB2042
VPC-WarBRD-DELTA-Right: 03EB2044
VPC-ALPHA-Left-Custom: 03EB9901
VPC-ALPHA-Right-Custom: 03EB9902

Both Delta and Alpha are using the once default Virpil mapping which should still work unless Virpil changed it.
There is also a couple of custom profiles for Alphas which I made up as explained there.

Related links:
Thanks for your explanation (and effort!). I will try that and change the IDs.
It seems VIRPIL changed the VID also, to 3344 in my case. And I got PID 80CC for left and 40CC for the right stick. At least they let us change it via the software tool.

Edit/PS: changed the IDs and these worked for me:

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for this great tool. My setup is a Warthog throttle + VKB Gunfighter III base + VKB Ultimate grip (the VKB stuff seems to not be identified). code negrng. I have been using a not-so-fancy PPT with some pictures (attached)

Attachments

• vkb_ultimate_stick_side.png
    vkb_ultimate_stick_side.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 106
  • vkb_ultimate_head_side.png
    vkb_ultimate_head_side.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 99
  • vkb_ultimate_head_front.png
    vkb_ultimate_head_front.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 118
Hi, really great utility would like to get my full card printed, but for my bindings am getting

Unknown controller detected​

the device is an xbox wireless controller and is identified by 28DE11FF, also have a Saitek X52 Pro that detects ok

reference "fzobfr" Thanks in advance

Thanks for the Community Spirited Effort.
I've got a Virpil Constellation Alpha (R) - I know that Virpil have been inconsistent with VID-PID, currently mine is at the new default of 334440CC, I'm reluctant to reset it at present via the Interface, looking for evidence that doing so wont screw over future Firmware Updates i.e. VPC Configuration App is looking for 334440CC and finds something else or doesn't - if you know what I mean?

Would you be so kind as to include the current new default VIDPID as a (possibility for) Virpil Constellation Alpha (R) within EDRefCard?
Brand new users have to do some digging to realise what has occurred, would go same way to heading off panic at the pass.

Programmer to Programmer.....well done!

Will EdRefCard be supporting the new Odyssey On Foot keys added after the initial Odyssey release? Those that mapped to Item Wheel elements, such as medkit, energy cell, shield grenade, frag grenade, emp grenade, etc.

Top Bottom