Development Update 1 - June

But you aren't the only CM, where are the others? Apart from your Thursdays, I'd never know there was a rota for the other CMs to be active on the Forums.

In any case, she is the only one I notice here. She also seems to be particularly capable of multitasking and responds to hundreds of requests simultaneously in 20 threads. Who needs other CMs there?

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
But you aren't the only CM, where are the others? Apart from your Thursdays, I'd never know there was a rota for the other CMs to be active on the Forums.

Everyone works in their own ways. Remember there are multiple social platforms to cover, not just forums and certainly not just one or two Commanders out there sending DMs, tagging and filing issue tickets. There are four of us active to support all sides vs well....lots.
I'm just a bit on the chatty side and consume way over the recommended intake of caffeine.
I mean hence I'm here now at 20:42. I certainly am not expected to be but...like I say, any which way we function best at this time for you all.

Everyone works in their own ways. Remember there are multiple social platforms to cover, not just forums and certainly not just one or two Commanders out there sending DMs, tagging and filing issue tickets. There are four of us active to support all sides vs well....lots.
I'm just a bit on the chatty side and consume way over the recommended intake of caffeine.
I mean hence I'm here now at 20:42. I certainly am not expected to be but...like I say, any which way we function best at this time for you all.
latte or espresso ? :coffee:

H
The answer to this is worth far more than a response from me in a Forum thread, entirely, and I'm sure you know that :)
For those who continue with us on this journey, we'll share that kind of news as soon as accurately available.
Everyone involved on our side continues to work very hard on the development of the game though - something I'm more than happy to keep confirming for you.
Hmm .. this has got me triggered just a tad.
So where could the question be answered?
I for one am extremely unhappy with the way the frontier management have been conspicuous by their absence ever since odyssey dropped. They were happy to do promo videos and hype the product before the alpha but now that it’s all gone pear shaped well, I’m sure you know. So far frontier’s attempts to be ‘accurate’ and control the reactions of the community have only had the exact opposite effect. My relationship with frontier is currently much more broken than the game itself. Thanks Sally for engaging with us.

What more would you like them to say? They have a massive dumpster fire on their hands that after 5 major patches has barely dented the issue. Their shares have taken a major hit and they are getting negative reviews from all sides. They have a console release pending and if the issues are not sorted out they will see another hit to their shares while two major franchises they are working with on new games are watching the whole dumpster fire spread. At the moment it seems they are not even sure how to fix it. What more can she tell you except to be polite and tell you how hard everyone is working. It’s a mess.

Next update is in the fall

Since the delay was announced in Jan this year, the only info that console CMDRs have had is "Autumn 2021". A little more information in advance would be nice; how the development is progressing, whether the Updates recently released have impacted the console launch window, whether we'll be able to pre-order Odyssey, if there's any possibility of taking advantage of the newer consoles capabilities, etc.

Since the delay was announced in Jan this year, the only info that console CMDRs have had is "Autumn 2021". A little more information in advance would be nice; how the development is progressing, whether the Updates recently released have impacted the console launch window, whether we'll be able to pre-order Odyssey, if there's any possibility of taking advantage of the newer consoles capabilities, etc.
They just need to revert back to pre-EDO and let the DLC bake for a year or 2. Furthermore, they need to lower that price to $20

Sally going above and beyond is a real credit but I also don't want to take away from what the others are saying. I do hope the team that are in charge of the direction of this game realise there is immense frustration here and there are a lot of long term players that have left/are leaving or are just barely hanging on to this game. So much so that this time I actually worry for the game. Please don't underestimate this isan't just a few vocal voices on the forums. I'm sure they see all the metrics though and know this.

If there is a way that we can help you in all this besides sitting on our hands please let us know Sally. But a lot of us need some good news and before console launch quite preferably. Please know we appreciate all the effort that goes in though and try not to get too disheartened. :-/

What more would you like them to say? They have a massive dumpster fire on their hands that after 5 major patches has barely dented the issue. Their shares have taken a major hit and they are getting negative reviews from all sides. They have a console release pending and if the issues are not sorted out they will see another hit to their shares while two major franchises they are working with on new games are watching the whole dumpster fire spread. At the moment it seems they are not even sure how to fix it. What more can she tell you except to be polite and tell you how hard everyone is working. It’s a mess.
Fair enough, she probably can’t say much, but after the broken ‘end of June’ promised by frontier, we’ll we’ve got to the point that it’s worse than just a malfunctioning game.

Arthur Tolmie has already indicated in a stream that the schedule has become tight.

They also need to refund odyssey until it actually works.
Or... add this? (Pls braben I am begging you for the love of god, I want my 30+ft tall death machines in elite jesus christ I will buy arx for this oh my god please braben
tumblr_m4ccmnEcXO1qi3m05o1_1280.jpg

Thank you for the answer Sally. All I would ask is that there is at least some kind of response or acknowledgment to at least some of the questions being asked, even if it's just to say "We honestly don't know".

There is more that I could say on this matter, but I won't, because you don't deserve to bear the brunt of my frustrations at this time.

Hi Sally, always great seeing your chats. I know you probably cant answer this, but Im curious if EDO is working at FDev. Update 5 dropped, but resulted in worse FPS, and chatters at times, on many players systems. But does it actually work as wanted, in house? It always seems when they do a livestream, they're surprised hearing there are issues, so it must work fine, yes? :)

Fair enough, she probably can’t say much, but after the broken ‘end of June’ promised by frontier, we’ll we’ve got to the point that it’s worse than just a malfunctioning game.
By the way, I’m not disagreeing with you, I just don’t see them saying much more. They cancelled the dev stream which means they were willing to break their word again and take the hit with it. There is just no good news to give right now. Enjoy the summer and forget about their self created mess for a while.

By the way, I’m not disagreeing with you, I just don’t see them saying much more. They cancelled the dev stream which means they were willing to break their word again and take the hit with it. There is just no good news to give right now. Enjoy the summer and forget about their self created mess for a while.
After cancelling the dev stream and saying zero about future plans the only thing left to do that could maybe save their relationship with me as a customer would be an announcement of a refund by one or more of the fdev management on stream. Nothing less.

Tbh the only time we see Dave these days is when a dumpster fire threatens to dent the share price, now we know he owns most of the company but surely he can't be happy with the way this has all turned out after all his company is on par with all the other failed cockups and that is something that does no good for a share price.

Top Bottom