State of the Game

The borg should be unstoppable
I loved the old, can't be reasoned with, mysterious in its judgement Borg. It was practically written as a force of nature, sometimes peaceful, sometimes unstoppable destructive with their only hope begging for help from an actual god.

I loved the solution to the Borg problem in Best of Both Worlds, but making JLP a special Borg was stupid. Most later writing was pretty bad, with the exception of the idea that the Borg are incapable of learning except by assimilation, that was a fun, well thought out weakness.

If @Valorin joins us this morning, can you let him know I've bought him a new coffee mug?
giant coffee.jpg

From what I understand red is the spicy one (colour via the chilies), yellow is medium (and coloured via tumeric ) and green is mild.

Might go for red. Spice must flow!
The green one is the sneaky one. It seems mild when you take a bite, but then it hits you like an 18-wheeler five minutes later. The red one advertises the fact up front.

At least if it's prepared by actual Thais.

The green one is the sneaky one. It seems mild when you take a bite, but then it hits you like an 18-wheeler five minutes later. The red one advertises the fact up front.

At least if it's prepared by actual Thais.
My only issue is that I'll have to adapt a few ingredients.

For example, I'm allergic to shellfish, so no paste, or fish sauce. So I'll have to use soy or perhaps Maggi (which is stronger) for that hit of salt.

Lemongrass too is next to impossible to source, so unless I grow loads and keep it in the garden I'll have to use lemon zest.

Every thing else is sorted though.

Neither of those add to the kick, so you'll be fine. May change the flavor a bit, but the secret is the spice.

If I remember correctly, and I may not, it's the coconut that adds to the "oh, this isn't hot" factor. Ha! Fools!

Can you get proper dried red peppers where you are? Because they really, really help add the Scovilles!

Can you get proper dried red peppers where you are? Because they really, really help add the Scovilles!
Dried red peppers is the authentic choice, but scotch bonnets if you just want to see through time.

Miso paste is apparently a good fish sauce replacement for that little bit of depth and saltiness (I can confirm that it tastes good, but I don't know what the fishy one is like).

Top Bottom