Elite Dangerous Horizons and Odyssey: Additional Server Maintenance

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

The Elite Dangerous servers for all platforms, Horizons and Odyssey will be offline imminently to accomodate for necessary, additional server maintenance.
We will keep you informed of progress.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

o7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casual 'Sally Edit':

A couple of you asked kindly whether you could have more info on the second hop into maintenance mode and do you know what? That's a very valid question and I'm more than happy to help. In all fairness I should have added this to the post to begin with, but the time was SO SHORT between the heads up and servers offline that I wanted to quickly let you know incase it ruined your session.

Anyway! More info!

For Interest: Light information on reason for slight extension of maintenance.
I like doing this! Why not! A little insight in 'Sally Style' on why we needed to do an extra bit of sweeping up for you this morning.

This is a very short explanation, but I hope you like it anyway. Basically Dav spotted a little hiccup with the 'Powerplay Turn'.
This part of maintenance totals up all of the player actions from the week before, calculates their effects and then sets up the state for the week ahead. This didn't quite run as intended and needed a nudge into action.

Thanks!

Sally o7

Last edited:
This is how you shut a game down, without telling the user you're going to shut it down.
Just wait. There will be more and more problems preventing them from going online again.

200.gif

Top Bottom