State of the Game

My only issue is that I'll have to adapt a few ingredients.

For example, I'm allergic to shellfish, so no paste, or fish sauce. So I'll have to use soy or perhaps Maggi (which is stronger) for that hit of salt.

Lemongrass too is next to impossible to source, so unless I grow loads and keep it in the garden I'll have to use lemon zest.

Every thing else is sorted though.
Have a go with lemongrass - grows from seed as easily as lawn grass... just likes a well drained quite open soil - plenty of sand/perlite. Hardy down to -10 I think (sorry - that's obviously in centipedes!)

Have a go with lemongrass - grows from seed as easily as lawn grass... just likes a well drained quite open soil - plenty of sand/perlite. Hardy down to -10 I think (sorry - that's obviously in centipedes!)
I'm hoping my chili plants provide me with spicy fruit too. I do find the chili's ripen but don't get spicy for some reason. They go red but its always a fizzle.

I'm hoping my chili plants provide me with spicy fruit too. I do find the chili's ripen but don't get spicy for some reason. They go red but its always a fizzle.
You have to torture them a bit. Well, apart from choosing the right chilis to begin with, obviously. Chilis, like some other plants that I can't mention on a family friendly forum, get more potent if you deprive them of proper care a bit, without making them die, of course.

Which, I suspect, is why southern grown chilis tend to be hotter than chilis grown in more favorable climes.

You have to torture them a bit. Well, apart from choosing the right chilis to begin with, obviously. Chilis, like some other plants that I can't mention on a family friendly forum, get more potent if you deprive them of proper care a bit, without making them die, of course.

Which, I suspect, is why southern grown chilis tend to be hotter than chilis grown in more favorable climes.
agree - run 'em dry and hot when they're fruiting!

I ruined my cilies this year because I forgot to water them, but somehow my tomato survived this. Anyway, I have enough dried chilies from last years. This year I am trying to grow some strange red strawberry corn to make popcorn

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 11-02-13 Maïs Strawberry Corn.png

Do you have a moment, sir, to talk about the Tao of BLAM!?
Although I'd like nothing better than dropping an explosive charge down its burrow, or chase after it on my ride on mower I'm not allowed to 'harm' it.

I did prank it once though. It was digging for crap in the garden and I crept up behind it (since I was downwind of it and it was dark)....and blew a massive raspberry right next to it.

Fox went full NASA and went vertical- I swear it went into space. At least for a few days it stayed away :D

:D

But this fox just wrecks my garden. It digs up grubs, shats everywhere, digs under fences. Its tenacious, almost Roald Dahl like in its mischievousness.

I've not tried this as my garden fox just comes to play, sleep, and eat easy stuff, but I read about this so am passing it on, and I promise I am not taking you for a ride.

Apparently one of the best ways to stop them coming around and digging up stuff, is to pee I your own garden. Pee in a bottle then sprinkle it around the areas he flanges about in, and I is supposed to work.

Top Bottom