Please Keep the APEX fallible :)

I took an APEX transport from Hutton Orbital , did a couple of jumps to LHS20. Enroute we passed through a T-star system and WHAM - hit the exclusion zone and dropped out of supercruise. It seems the Rookie APEX Pilot miscalculated the trajectory for the next jump.
... Awkward silence ensues ...

This thing do not need fixing - I think this is a rare event and is totally fine by me.
Much appreciated.

Cheers
DZ

Wonder if the APEX would stay clear of the Noob Hammers when approaching a station at the wrong angle.
It's a bit difficult to test, anyone experienced it?

I took an APEX transport from Hutton Orbital , did a couple of jumps to LHS20. Enroute we passed through a T-star system and WHAM - hit the exclusion zone and dropped out of supercruise. It seems the Rookie APEX Pilot miscalculated the trajectory for the next jump.
... Awkward silence ensues ...

This thing do not need fixing - I think this is a rare event and is totally fine by me.
Much appreciated.

Cheers
DZ
Agreed. It makes it all more enjoyable.

Sure, keep it fallible. As long as I am within arm's reach of the self destruct button, I'm fine. Or emergency eject. I mean, other passengers can eject when they're unhappy with the service, so why can't I?

Sure, keep it fallible. As long as I am within arm's reach of the self destruct button, I'm fine. Or emergency eject. I mean, other passengers can eject when they're unhappy with the service, so why can't I?
Or we can all get an uber app and just rate them down...

This post demands a counter post, something like "FOR THE LOVE ALL THINGS BRABEN WOULD PLEASE FIX THE DAMN TAXIS!!!".

Yup, that would do it...

Mine tried to jump to a star system behind the local planet the station was orbiting around. Even had the countdown to 0. Didn't jump, I had to change the pants.

If in-game mechanics worked properly with several players in the same instance, one could set up a very profitable taxi service of ones own

If in-game mechanics worked properly with several players in the same instance, one could set up a very profitable taxi service of ones own
There are 2 glaring issues :
-in game mechanic. We can't even trade properly or find the ship/item we want to buy without 3rd party tools.
-it look like "emergent gameplay". We can't have that.

Mine tried to jump to a star system behind the local planet the station was orbiting around. Even had the countdown to 0. Didn't jump, I had to change the pants.
In addition to being able to charge FSD when they shouldn't, I've also discovered that they can still steer the ship during the 5 second countdown.
Plus they have a habit of coming in too steep during glide but their glide doesn't fail like ours does.

I'd actually welcome danger in Apex trips. Interdictions, piracy, aggressive npc bounty hunters seeking you out... that would be cool. Like damn, imagine if the pilot got shot and now YOU have to control the thing and make an emergency stop somewhere safe... or if you could assume a turret on the Apex and fight off the attacker or at least deploy countermeasures. That would be a rush.

Top Bottom