We lost a lot of Commanders today!

gameover.gif

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Take a step back people and see it for what it is.
2+k daily users.
After a major feature update that lost more players than it gained!

Been in since launch but it's getting harder and harder to overlook the the dev teams disconnect from its original vision and the playerbase at large.
Thats the number of players active playing on Steam, at a time chosen to be when the least number of players are likely to be playing, not daily numbers playing the game on steam.

Thats the number of players active playing on Steam, at a time chosen to be when the least number of players are likely to be playing, not daily numbers playing the game on steam.
How many times do I have to tell you, Ian? Do not confuse people with actual facts!

Seriously, I'm very disappoint... ;)

Take a step back people and see it for what it is.
2+k daily users.
After a major feature update that lost more players than it gained!

Been in since launch but it's getting harder and harder to overlook the the dev teams disconnect from its original vision and the playerbase at large.
It's not 2k daily users though. When will people finally understand Steamcharts?!

You are obviously right that the game has big issues, people aren't happy about it and if it would be better much more people would be playing it. Currently there are 5000 average concurrent players each day, if we assume they all play for 3 hour average (just an assumption) the game has something like 40000 daily users. Obviously the number is completely wrong, but it's much more correct than 2000. I hope you get the idea.

I mused on this a bit the other day.

If someone wants to show how good something is, then naturally they pick the best examples. No-one really seems to have a problem with this.

However, if someone wishes to demonstrate something is maybe not so good, picking the worse examples is tantamount to treason or extreme bias.

Odd that.
Not really. If I was going to say that Odyssey is a huge success with 27000 concurrent players (the highest number ever achieved for Elite, 2x more than Horizons!) people would rightfully call me nuts.

If people claim the game is dead because it has 0 players during server maintenance people would also rightfully call me nuts.

I mused on this a bit the other day.

If someone wants to show how good something is, then naturally they pick the best examples. No-one really seems to have a problem with this.

However, if someone wishes to demonstrate something is maybe not so good, picking the worse examples is tantamount to treason or extreme bias.

Odd that.
I don't give a tinker's about numbers either way. If I'm having fun, then I'm having fun. I could not care less about the opinions of others in that respect even if I'd spent 6 years getting a Master's Degree in "not caring" at Harvard.

The day I start giving a hoot about what others think about what I personally like is the day I'll suck start my Remington 870.

It's not 2k daily users though. When will people finally understand Steamcharts?!

You are obviously right that the game has big issues, people aren't happy about it and if it would be better much more people would be playing it. Currently there are 5000 average concurrent players each day, if we assume they all play for 3 hour average (just an assumption) the game has something like 40000 daily users. Obviously the number is completely wrong, but it's much more correct than 2000. I hope you get the idea.
Reading Steamstats is very challenging for some. An influenzer needs to make a youtubes video "gold-farming guide to reading Steamstats" so that they can understand🙃

Top Bottom