Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

EDIT: Oh... and by the way. EDDI is such a great addition to the game! Is there a way to make a donation for all your time and efforts?
Thanks for your offer but we're not currently accepting donations. Typically, we suggest donating to third party services we connect with and which have recurring expenses for maintaining their servers like EDSM, Inara, EDDB, Coriolis, EDSY, etc.

Glad you're enjoying our work. :cool:

Can you elaborate? What exactly are you suggesting that we change? Thanks!
Body Report, line 77:
Code:
        {if find(reportbody.reserves, "Pristine") >= 0:
            pristine
        |elif find(reportbody.reserves, "Major") >= 0:
            rich
        }
It won't never work in my italian EDDI :)

:oops:
I would like so much to know from where i picked where instead of when ....

thanks

EDIT

.... should'nt EDDI complains about that "where" inexistent function call, then?

Hello T'Kael, VerticalBlank, Darkcyde and all EDDI connoisseurs,
I have a question about the variables or the function SystemDetails() . How does the array get the values, for example the visits of the system (system.visits) ?
I guess via EDSM and API ?
Background of the question: Is it possible with a new PC but the old FD account to get the known systems announced again as known systems and also the number of visits ?
In the German Elite forum a similar question was asked.

I hope I have expressed myself understandably.

Thank you very much and greetings from nepomuk

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I have a question about the variables or the function SystemDetails() . How does the array get the values, for example the visits of the system (system.visits) ?
Background of the question: Is it possible with a new PC but the old FD account to get the known systems announced again as known systems and also the number of visits ?

My understanding was that EDDI keeps a (small?) database of systems you've scanned. I may be wrong though, and it could also just be a short-term cache rather than a database. I'm sure T'Kael or VerticalBlank can give you the proprer answer. I thought that EDDI would try to get system and body data from that 'database' first, and if it can't find any, would then look to EDSM. Some information is received from the Journal, like when you make a jump to a system, but I'm not sure exactly which information.

As for getting them announced again, it is possible. You could add code to the 'FSD engaged' or 'Jumped' scripts to read that out each time you visit. Alternatively, I have been working on rebuilding a script that does exactly that. I have 'Bodies Exploration Report' that will tell you things like:
  • If you have visited a system before
  • If other commanders have visited it before
  • If no one has visited it yet (and you are the first)
  • The number and types of bodies in the system
  • How many bodies you have scanned and mapped, or are worth mapping.

You can manually run this at any time, and it will tell you about the current system, or you could add a call to it in the Jumped script, to do it automatically. I also have a Voice Attack command so you can select any system on the Galaxy Map and ask for more information on it, and it will run the above script, but unfortunately this only works on Odyssey. Information on other systems does depend on if you have visited it before, or if someone else has, and then uploaded that info to EDSM.

If you want, I can post my 'Bodies Exploration Report' script. Some of it's functionality works better with a couple of other scripts, although it will work perfectly fine by itself too. :)

EDIT: It just occurred to me, that the simplest answer (and the one I should have started with) is that almost everything you need can be obtained from the use of SystemDetails() as you initially mentioned. Everything in the system. variables list is available with SystemDetails().

Last edited:

We store data about visited stars is a local database and we synchronize visits using your EDSM API key if you have that set up. If you're setting up a new computer, you can enter your EDSM API key in the EDSM responder and hit the sync button to retrieve the data in EDSM about your prior visits.

Or you can copy the configuration files at %appdata%/EDDI from the old pc to the new pc. Either approach works.

I believe this is a known bug with the game, not EDDI. EDDI is only reacting to the Journal events that the game creates, and in this case, the game is making a 'mission accepted' Journal entry when it shouldn't.
I can confirm that. We receive the Mission accepted event when you negotiate even though you haven't accepted the mission yet. Vexing but there's not really anything that we can do unfortunately.

Hello T'Kael, Verticalblank and Darkcyde,
I have a question about EDDI again. In the German forum there is a commander, who would like to use EDDI but he already has a HCS voicepack installed.
If both programs are installed there are problems, among others it says that two instances of EDDI are running.
Do you know why this is? Can this be corrected so that both can run together?

Thanks for your info !

I have a question about EDDI again. In the German forum there is a commander, who would like to use EDDI but he already has a HCS voicepack installed.
If both programs are installed there are problems, among others it says that two instances of EDDI are running.

Thanks for your info !

If he loads EDDI from VA with an HCS voicepack, eddi gets invoked from VA as it's running already as a plug in.

I think the command is "Open EDDI" but I had trouble getting it to recognize so I edited it to "Open Auxiliary Control."

He should also include the EDDI Profile in the Options menu of the HCS voicepack that he normally loads.

They work together very well. I do all my custom command adds to my EDDI profile as the HCS profiles are locked out from editing.

HTH

Thanks for your info !

As far as we're aware, HCS does not install EDDI and both should be able to run together just fine. As @GJ51 suggested, the commander you're referencing is probably trying to run a standalone instance of EDDI while it is already running as a plugin for VoiceAttack. If so, the commander should import EDDI.vap and edit its commands so that the commander can invoke EDDI's UI from the already running plugin instance.

Hm... strange. I use the default script, but EDDI keeps telling me that there's always one more jump to go as soon as I arrive in the system.

Maybe my EDDI is a little bit stupid :D

I have the same issue. EDDI always report I have on jump remaining when arriving at destination system.
Is there a wrong "," in the script line 32 and or line 34

I have the same issue. EDDI always report I have on jump remaining when arriving at destination system.
Is there a wrong "," in the script line 32 and or line 34
Hmm, no, that section of code only reacts to jump_count being greater than 0, which is set on line 14 from an existing state variable. That state variable seems to only be set in the 'Next jump' event script, which is triggered when a system is selected to jump to, and should be set to zero when your FSD kicks in (the FSD engaged event). I'm guessing 'Next jump' is triggered somewhere between 'FSD engaged' (where the state variable is set to zero), and the 'Jumped' event (which is reporting the one more jump).

Maybe @T'kael or @VerticalBlank can provide more insight into this. In the mean time, I'll see if I can reproduce it myself.

Hmm, no, that section of code only reacts to jump_count being greater than 0, which is set on line 14 from an existing state variable. That state variable seems to only be set in the 'Next jump' event script, which is triggered when a system is selected to jump to, and should be set to zero when your FSD kicks in (the FSD engaged event). I'm guessing 'Next jump' is triggered somewhere between 'FSD engaged' (where the state variable is set to zero), and the 'Jumped' event (which is reporting the one more jump).

Maybe @T'kael or @VerticalBlank can provide more insight into this. In the mean time, I'll see if I can reproduce it myself.
You are right, my FSD Engaded script was disabled. It works now. But I dont think it is reporting "arrived at destination"

You are right, my FSD Engaded script was disabled. It works now. But I dont think it is reporting "arrived at destination"
Ahhh, ok, that explains that part then.

Hmm, the Jumped script should say you have arrived when destinationdistance is zero. I'll test that and see what I come up with.

Top Bottom