Megaship/Installations hacking "fixed" but still BUGGED

Hi,

First of all i want to be clear on something: Megaship/Installation hacking that was on top10 on issue tracker (here) were supposed to be fixed in update 6 of Odyssey and is fixed in patch notes here.

Now:

What i consider as an injure to people like me who waited for almost 2 years for it to be solved (more than a year on the top10) is the fact that it has been declared as bugged in HORIZONS on issue tracker.
But for some reason, it is now considered as fixed and it is but ONLY for Odyssey.

I waited for 2 weeks to be sure and tested it again at different points of time. STILL BUGGED on HORIZONS.
Considering the time it took for us to get the status "acknoleded" on issue tracker, the "fixed" status make it clear that it will NEVER be fixed in HORIZONS (due to players who can play on Odyssey).
This situation is similar to Apple's phones: "Do you want a fix? Buy the new device!"
So there is no way at all for me to buy Odyssey and i stop play the game after this last false hope that i got: I don't have the patience to wait at least 2+ more years to be solved.
I don't care if anything will be done or not, i just wanted to expose this bad joke after no response from (fdev? who is in charge?) on different posts.

Adel.

Hi,

First of all i want to be clear on something: Megaship/Installation hacking that was on top10 on issue tracker (here) were supposed to be fixed in update 6 of Odyssey and is fixed in patch notes here.

Now:

What i consider as an injure to people like me who waited for almost 2 years for it to be solved (more than a year on the top10) is the fact that it has been declared as bugged in HORIZONS on issue tracker.
But for some reason, it is now considered as fixed and it is but ONLY for Odyssey.

I waited for 2 weeks to be sure and tested it again at different points of time. STILL BUGGED on HORIZONS.
Considering the time it took for us to get the status "acknoleded" on issue tracker, the "fixed" status make it clear that it will NEVER be fixed in HORIZONS (due to players who can play on Odyssey).
This situation is similar to Apple's phones: "Do you want a fix? Buy the new device!"
So there is no way at all for me to buy Odyssey and i stop play the game after this last false hope that i got: I don't have the patience to wait at least 2+ more years to be solved.
I don't care if anything will be done or not, i just wanted to expose this bad joke after no response from (fdev? who is in charge?) on different posts.

Adel.

You'll get the upgrade for free, minus the suits/etc, in six months or so. That's something, at least.

Can you explain this pls?
Eventually, Horizons will be wiped and Odyssey will be brought over the top of it. So, then when you access the new Horizons everything that has been "fixed" in Odyssey will be "fixed" in Horizons. I put fixed in quotation marks because it also means anything broken in Odyssey will also come to Horizons. When this will happen exactly, no one knows but we know that it will happen at some point. This is why FD are not fixing Horizons right now, apart from the fact it would be double handling.

Last edited:
Eventually, Horizons will be wiped and Odyssey will be brought over the top of it. So, then when you access the new Horizons everything that has been "fixed" in Odyssey will be "fixed" in Horizons. I put fixed in quotation marks because it also means anything broken in Odyssey will also come to Horizons. When this will happen exactly, no one knows but we know that it will happen at some point. This is why FD are not fixing Horizons right now, as it would be double handling.
So the Horizons/Odyssey mesh that is coming will be on both server AND client side?

Based on what I've seen on the topic, granted probably no where near everything available, I have assumed it is only going to be server side (software and assets) and the clients would still be separate pieces sets of code.

Of course I am also assuming that the client source is where this particular bug would get fixed, and also based on the premise of not fixing both because of "double handling".

So the Horizons/Odyssey mesh that is coming will be on both server AND client side?

Based on what I've seen on the topic, granted probably no where near everything available, I have assumed it is only going to be server side (software and assets) and the clients would still be separate pieces sets of code.

Of course I am also assuming that the client source is where this particular bug would get fixed, and also based on the premise of not fixing both because of "double handling".
Yes, both client and server. Just think of it as all the Horizons players getting upgraded to Odyssey, except they just can't do the legs stuff as they're not licensed for it. It's what should have happened when Odyssey launched but then FD decided to separate the two (which actually turned out to be a good move).

Yes, both client and server. Just think of it as all the Horizons players getting upgraded to Odyssey, except they just can't do the legs stuff as they're not licensed for it. It's what should have happened when Odyssey launched but then FD decided to separate the two (which actually turned out to be a GREAT move).
FTFY

Eventually, Horizons will be wiped and Odyssey will be brought over the top of it. So, then when you access the new Horizons everything that has been "fixed" in Odyssey will be "fixed" in Horizons. I put fixed in quotation marks because it also means anything broken in Odyssey will also come to Horizons. When this will happen exactly, no one knows but we know that it will happen at some point. This is why FD are not fixing Horizons right now, apart from the fact it would be double handling.
Oh nice! I didn't know about that.I thought Horizons will just be left away.

"when it will happen" will be on console or xbox release right? (not before the end of the year).

So it changes from "it will never be fixed" to "just wait Horizons/Odyssey merge". It's a progress :) .

Oh nice! I didn't know about that.I thought Horizons will just be left away.

"when it will happen" will be on console or xbox release right? (not before the end of the year).

So it changes from "it will never be fixed" to "just wait Horizons/Odyssey merge". It's a progress :) .
Well, we don't know at this stage. It was going to happen when FD did the console release but now they've decided to work on the PC version instead and try to get it working properly. So far there's been no official comment on when the console release will be worked on again, much to the angst of some console players.

Top Bottom