JWE 2

It's a park simulator game. Dig deep enough and they're all the same.
Of course, this doesn't excuse Frontier for the lacklustre JWE experience. But I'm hoping this game begins with the issues of the First Game absent.
I hope they take their time to polish, debug and put their best foot forward even if it has to be delayed. Rather that than issues on day of the release.

What do you think about this? JWD Dinos to be in base game or to be awaiting for the Dominion DLC or both?
I don't know, you could count the preview as more of a extended trailer, in which case any content would be for a Dominion update.

The use of a custom Dimorphodon without pycnofibres (furry covering on the body) indicates they're probably going to try avoiding fur as much as possible for JWE2, so that might include things like a custom Moros intrepidus or Quetzalcoatlus if they don't have furless clones.

In terms of post release, I'd expect the game to change a lot less than JWE1 did, with new environments, objects and creatures for DLC being an easy focus, there's little reason to.
The only way to be sure is to know what is at launch first. Even Planet Zoo, with so many things in it, has gotten significant new big things, some of which were least expected.
Assuming it's roughly the same as JWE1, we'd see about 40% of the deluxe content in the pre-order trailer, with the rest only being known as names at that time.

The one thing that seems consistent is using similar species to base game ones, basically to reuse animations. They can be different sizes now, so the differences will likely be a bit stronger.
The day 1 Delux Dinosaur Pack from JWE1 is what a typical day 1 PDLC is. It's content that can't make it into the base game itself at launch, primarily to scheduling concerns. That kind of content, that gets developed anyway to be released at the game's release simultaneously, is supported by an independent budget, and that content isn't needed for crucial gaming experience, just extra optional flavor to something that's already good on its own. The only way to know for sure what is in a possible day 1 DLC is to wait for the game to be set for pre-ordering.
What do you think about this? JWD Dinos to be in base game or to be awaiting for the Dominion DLC or both?

Source: https://youtu.be/9fXYwaE9KV4
1) It is too early for Dominion dinos to be further publicized before then. And while there are loads of articles, video discussions, forum threads, comments, etc. about them and the extended preview, they don't support any fact that the majority of potential customers know about them greatly in the way YouTubers and online forum users make it.

2) JWE2 is taking an average 2 years or so of development, and at this time, a budget and scheduling plan is already laid out for how much and how long it would take to make everything for release way ahead of us. The current finalized Dominion dinos are likely too late into the game's development schedule, making their inclusion in the base game at launch fundamentally impossible. Developers like these won't just decide to add more after something that goes viral within a short remaining amount of time because it will take time and money off of what is needed for the base game, as well as going beyond budget and scheduling. Delays aren't good for more major content adding before launch either, so everything is usually kept at a tight schedule in the AAA industry. Bug fixes and performance fixes are just few of the several only, but minor, feasible things during delays.

3) Due to those reasons, and the fact it takes several months for character (dino) building to come up with new ones each, one can expect them to come out at post-launch, around the time it will coincide with Jurassic World: Dominion itself, like JWE1's Fallen Kingdom and BaBR updates, in a free update like the first game or a big PDLC. Maybe even with something related to Chaos Theory mode, like a setting based on the film.

(Swrve knows absolutely nothing about game production, FYI)

Last edited:
The SAN DIEGO ARENA OMG
That was totally unexpected! When I saw it on the thumbnail, I was like, “What the HECK?!”

I’m guessing that, as well as what looks like a San Diego based map, is what you can expect for Chaos Theory, the one thing I want to learn more about.

Last edited:
That was totally unexpected! When I saw it on the thumbnail, I was like, “What the HECK?!”

I’m guessing that, as well as what looks like a San Diego based map. is what you can expect for Chaos Theory, the one thing I want to learn more about.
As long as we can use it also for Sandbox and Challenge! I don't want it to be limited for one map.

Who doesn’t love that dino action? My favorite has to be with the Carnotaurus and Parasaurolophus. Did anyone else had Dinosaur King vibes, or was it just me? I also love seeing the Allosaurus and Qianzhousaurus going at it. It’s like actually watching those lizard wrestling matches, except supersized. Obviously, that pterosaur is Tropeognathus, the largest from South America, but can anyone guess what that water creature is?

Top Bottom