Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6

I don't think I need to tell anyone, Commander! You can come and go as you please and it'll ALWAYS be lovely whenever you're around and I'll always be grateful that you ARE around - if you break, or not :) You have a wonderful weekend too, please! A bank holiday monday is ahead for us! Pretty excited :)
As always, thanks for chatting with me so openly.
How on earth are we supposed to earn our "Twatted By Sally" badge if you are so lovely all the time 😄

Enjoy your day off.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hello Sally,

I don't know if it's always such a good idea to broadcast all your thoughts to the world. You as CM do an unenviable job, but you do it really well.
Don't worry about how I handle my work, Lordmag :) You can leave that entirely to me.

I think it's good that they are trying to solve some of the problems.
Let's aim for all of the problems, ah? A gal can aim, at the very least.

This is a truly dishonest thing to say, as those are issues that are being worked on, not intended changes.
So yes, Odyssey does have performance and lighting issues, but it does not replace anything because.

Yes you are correct, perhaps it is a bit dishonest to word it the way I did because it was not an intentional change to break things. However, it was intentionally released in the state it was in, with minimal testing, and with all evidence during the short alpha phase pointing towards things being very broken. Maybe it was not intentional, but it most certainly was a case of willfully turning a blind eye.

On the content side of things, although EDO does not replace Odyssey content, it certainly does not interact with it either in any meaningful way. Everything is just slapped on as if EDO content was a separate game to Horizons content. Even choosing EDO missions happens in a separate environment to Horizons missions. There is no gameplay merging between Horizons gameplay and EDO gameplay.

Last edited:
The recent resolution to the Hyford's Cache mystery (though i think there still is more to come eventually ;)) was very awesome! I can't tell you how many times CMDRs have poked and prodded at anything even remotely connected to the Black Flight, Hyford, Thargoids, etc to see if it was possible to get that coveted HIP 22460 permit. Though there is one thing left unaccounted for that i don't think is part of a mystery.

Without spoiling anything, current lore-wise, for us. Would it be possible for you to tell us what the original idea behind Hyford's Cache was? Many know it was reworked into the currently ongoing Azimuth story. Many CMDRs, myself included, gathered up a whole bunch of Unstable Data Cores before the change to Hyford's crash site. Could you please tell us what was the original plan behind them? Like maybe where they were originally supposed to be taken once scooped up in our SRVs?

The recent resolution to the Hyford's Cache mystery (though i think there still is more to come eventually ;)) was very awesome! I can't tell you how many times CMDRs have poked and prodded at anything even remotely connected to the Black Flight, Hyford, Thargoids, etc to see if it was possible to get that coveted HIP 22460 permit. Though there is one thing left unaccounted for that i don't think is part of a mystery.

Without spoiling anything, current lore-wise, for us. Would it be possible for you to tell us what the original idea behind Hyford's Cache was? Many know it was reworked into the currently ongoing Azimuth story. Many CMDRs, myself included, gathered up a whole bunch of Unstable Data Cores before the change to Hyford's crash site. Could you please tell us what was the original plan behind them? Like maybe where they were originally supposed to be taken once scooped up in our SRVs?

I don’t think I ever visited the crash site in Colonia. Should I do that first or would it be okay to go to that Pleiades system mentioned in the tweet post directly?

Right now the main thing I'm focused on is helping to get the game in perfect shape for people who want to play and then inevitably enjoy it.

I'm not going to beg people to keep playing or lose sleep over people leaving (or threatening to leave) because it's entirely up to them. If there's nothing in it for them now, then one day there might be as we keep smashing out the hard work to get things the best they can be.
I for one am going to muscle as hard as I darn well can. That's what means most to me. Not just number counts. If a game hits the spot for them, then people will play it.

If it's the current issues with the game that's forcing players away, then heck we will keep pushing on to work things out, with a view to announce improvements/future content as we do so and see if that's enough to welcome back any lapsed players. If it's not, it's not. We'll keep working hard for those it all appeals to.

We need to get the game wonderful enough to allow players who do want to play to...play it!
So, that being said:
  • I'm not going to casually disclose what's coming in the future just to give people a reason to "stick around" if they're not already enjoying themselves - it makes no sense whatsoever. Sounds like self sabotage to me! Never a good thing!
  • Also I'd lose my job, hehe.

BLAM. All those thoughts are my own, by the way. Not speaking for anyone else, just fancied some 'Friday Honesty'.
I sympathise for the people that have had/are having proper game breaking problems, and I definitely feel there are improvements to be made, but for what it's worth I've been playing Odyssey like a complete Bar Steward since it's release and having a huge amount of fun in the process. Sorry if that upsets anyone, I'm probably doing something wrong. :)

I sympathise for the people that have had/are having proper game breaking problems, and I definitely feel there are improvements to be made, but for what it's worth I've been playing Odyssey like a complete Bar Steward since it's release and having a huge amount of fun in the process. Sorry if that upsets anyone, I'm probably doing something wrong. :)
In that case, I'm also doing it wrong ...
I can see where it still needs some work - performance is getting better but is still a bit poor in some settlements, still a few bugs that need ironing out, and there are some QOL bits that could with being added - but I'm loving it and every update is an improvement; bring on update 7.

A fix has been implemented for megaships where the cargo wouldn't get correctly ejected from cargo bays.

@sallymorganmoore This is still not working in Horizons (to be more specific i tried on XBox)
Any chance it will get fixed in Update 7?

It's annoying generally speaking, but extremely annoying in the light of the recent events unfolding in HIP22460 (The Black Flight Mystery).
There is a Thargoid probe in Overlook's cargobays, but those bays refuse to release any cargo on XBox (haven't tried on PC-Horizons, but as reported in the same thread it works in PC-EDO)

Top Bottom