Frontier please add animations for boarding ships and have the ability to walk around in our cockpits.

Being able to climb a ladder or take a lift to a small area with a door that opened onto the cockpit would do me just fine.

I'm not fussed about exploring 15km of convoluted walkways inside a Corvette just so I can find the space toilet to take a space dump - while getting interdicted just as I've managed to walk 4km away from the cockpit.
full ship interior would allow for some gameplay like boarding a ship and fighting with the crew or entering ship wreckage in space for investigation and scavenging. those big ships could have fun gameplay in their interiors.

full ship interior would allow for some gameplay like boarding a ship and fighting with the crew or entering ship wreckage in space for investigation and scavenging. those big ships could have fun gameplay in their interiors.

Yes but that's not adding ship interiors - it's adding a whole new game.

This is my point. People keep asking for ship interiors, followed by 'and then you could...'

It's the 'and then you could' which requires months or years of design, 3d models, animation, textures, sound effects and coding.

This is my point. People keep asking for ship interiors, followed by 'and then you could...'

It's the 'and then you could' which requires months or years of design, 3d models, animation, textures, sound effects and coding.
And if people leave out the "and then you could..." they get bombarded by the ol' "but what gameplay would ship interiors offer?"

Unbeatable tactic.

And if people leave out the "and then you could..." they get bombarded by the ol' "but what gameplay would ship interiors offer?"

Unbeatable tactic.

Mass Effect 1 or 2 had that ship interior where you had to walk all over the place to find out if any crew member wanted to speak with you. After half an hour of that I was desperate for an intercom.

I handed over money on the basis of this sort of information that Frontier supplied. Yes, I understand how stupid that sounds, now.

If you asked me to hand over money to support your weight loss, guess what my answer would be. I ain't that stupid, now :)

I think the underlying point is that if people expect ship interiors, it's because Frontier said they were coming.
I did the same, but when DB talked about landing on Earth-Like planets.

Mass Effect 1 or 2 had that ship interior where you had to walk all over the place to find out if any crew member wanted to speak with you. After half an hour of that I was desperate for an intercom.
So? We are talking about Elite here.

If I say nobody has ever complained about the interiors in Subnautica, I'll get told that I can't compare it to Elite.

You know all those cool looking machines/equipment in Odyssey labs or agri settlements? Maybe I could put some of those into my ship and use them to do some more involved exobiology gameplay, instead of point-and-click x amounts of time. Maybe even store my partially full canisters instead of deleting them.

Just because some people lack the imagination (or pretend to) for possible gameplay doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yup. And usually the 'gameplay' is a scene from a movie which never translates.

There will not ever be boarding of other players ships for countless obvious reasons.

If I say nobody has ever complained about the interiors in Subnautica, I'll get told that I can't compare it to Elite.

You know all those cool looking machines/equipment in Odyssey labs or agri settlements? Maybe I could put some of those into my ship and use them to do some more involved exobiology gameplay, instead of point-and-click x amounts of time. Maybe even store my partially full canisters instead of deleting them.

Just because some people lack the imagination (or pretend to) for possible gameplay doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
If storing canisters is the epitome of imagined possibilities...

It's not that. I'd love ship interiors and the gameplay that could come with it (See Pulsar and SC) but the amount of work involved is huge. It is another DLC's worth of work and you can forget about getting that kind of Elite working on consoles (if they can't handle SC ship interiors; they wouldn't be able to handle the Elite Interiors either). The mistake wasn't that they said ship interiors weren't in Odyssey, it was saying that they weren't in at launch. That implied that it might be coming later down the line as part of Odyssey (Like on-foot VR).

Now they probably looked at it and then decided that it would be too much (especially with the other issues with Odyssey) but even then, all they could of managed for Odyssey is probably walking up and down the boarding ramp/ lift and taking a turbo-lift to the cockpit. That's one of the first things you turn off in the wing commander games as you move from room to room. It just feels that the effort would be better placed in improving the Odyssey gameplay, instead of putting in the a feature which most players would disable if they had the choice.

For comparison sake, for full ship interiors, as much as I did enjoy walking around the Normandy in Mass Effect and talking to people, that did get old after a while. I'm using the Normandy as an example because its slightly bigger than the Anaconda. So imagine, every time you board your ship, you have to run through the equivalent of the hanger bay in the Normandy up to where Joker is, before you can even take off. That'll get old really fast and if you're under attack, maybe even dead fast too! ;-)

If storing canisters is the epitome of imagined possibilities...
Is that actually what you got from my post or did you just decide to be a condescending black hole?
It's not that. I'd love ship interiors and the gameplay that could come with it (See Pulsar and SC) but the amount of work involved is huge. It is another DLC's worth of work and you can forget about getting that kind of Elite working on consoles (if they can't handle SC ship interiors; they wouldn't be able to handle the Elite Interiors either). The mistake wasn't that they said ship interiors weren't in Odyssey, it was saying that they weren't in at launch. That implied that it might be coming later down the line as part of Odyssey (Like on-foot VR).

Now they probably looked at it and then decided that it would be too much (especially with the other issues with Odyssey) but even then, all they could of managed for Odyssey is probably walking up and down the boarding ramp/ lift and taking a turbo-lift to the cockpit. That's one of the first things you turn off in the wing commander games as you move from room to room. It just feels that the effort would be better placed in improving the Odyssey gameplay, instead of putting in the a feature which most players would disable if they had the choice.

For comparison sake, for full ship interiors, as much as I did enjoy walking around the Normandy in Mass Effect and talking to people, that did get old after a while. I'm using the Normandy as an example because its slightly bigger than the Anaconda. So imagine, every time you board your ship, you have to run through the equivalent of the hanger bay in the Normandy up to where Joker is, before you can even take off. That'll get old really fast and if you're under attack, maybe even dead fast too! ;-)
I agree that it would be a new DLC and not part of Odyssey.

I think with the security levels/alarms stuff in the settlements you could have some really wonderful "steal the death star plans" type missions inside large NPC ships (in space or landed on the surface).

I ask for ship inteior just for the sake of ship interior. Since FDev refuse that artificial gravity or inertia compensators exist, there is no point in hoping for associated gameplay.

Is that actually what you got from my post or did you just decide to be a condescending black hole?
I saw you sneer about others lacking your fantastic sense of imagination, and then you proposing the amazing gameplay of storing a canister. Oh yeah, you also made the great suggestion of moving the removed alpha-gameplay to the ship and making it 'more involved' without any further info whatsoever. Sorry if that deeply upsets you, but I was not particularly blown away by those exciting proposals. Maybe I am one of those who lack your imagination. :)

Seriously though, if you want to comment that others 'lack imagination', at least back that up by some kind of interesting proposal. Or not, I am just an ape.

Top Bottom